eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal Limitation and also Ebay Limitation - any words of wisdom (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/8662-paypal-limitation-also-ebay-limitation-any-words-wisdom.html)

rakauto 12-16-2008 02:37 PM

Paypal Limitation and also Ebay Limitation - any words of wisdom

Hi to all,

I am new to this forum and was surprised to see that there are people in the same boat as me, who have had limitations.

I have a problem on paypal which has also effected my ebay account. I was wondering if people could give me their words of wisdom and help me out.

I have 2 paypal and 2 ebay accounts. 1 pair of accounts which I started around 2 months ago selling and the other I have had for under 2 years just buying.

I wanted to keep them separate. I never knew that you had to hide your IP from them.

Paypal have limited my account and told me to resolve the following –
Photo ID, Address verification (bank statement etc), Suppliers details and invoices.
I have provided the Photo ID and address verification and fax that to them. I also told them in the fax that the goods were bought from a person emigrating from the UK and I bought the goods in a bulk lot. I have the goods sitting in my house. – I read on this other web page about paypal limitations the following statement is this possible for the invoice/supplier verification?
“Don’t have receipts or invoices as a proof of purchase for your item? Don’t worry. Take a photo of your outstanding stock, and they can verify this stage with such photos”
I have sold some items on eBay to UK buyers and also international buyers (Europe) which some have left positive feedback, and some have not bothered to leave feedback. I have not received any negative feedbacks and some of the funds which have been on hold have been released but I cannot withdraw them to my bank account because of the limitation.

They also asked for 2 tracking numbers for 2 of the items I sold, which I provided as all items are/were sent via royal mail special delivery or via royal mail international signed for delivery.

I also have a problem regarding the telephone verification as I have already verified the telephone number and withdrawal limits were removed and I have an email from paypal confirming this. But this has come back on again and if I click the button to get them to call me it states something like a call has already been scheduled.

All goods to this date have been sent out and delivered.

The transaction value on the goods being sold were from £50 - £450 per item. The goods were all genuine business equipment used for inventory management.

I spoke to them on Monday 15th December and a customer service agent said that paypal does not want to do business with me. Is their any way to get them to change their minds.

I also uploaded the information they requested today to see if I could change their minds, and within 20mins I received an email stating that I should refund the funds I have received otherwise wait 180 days roughly 6 months I can’t wait that long I have in total £1,300 in the paypal account.

Please let me know what think.

I am also thinking to doing a small county court to try and get the funds out quickly was also wondering if any one has tried this method?

Regards

GREMLIN 12-17-2008 05:43 AM

Hi
Thats bad news buddy, the only thing i can suggest is to take it on the chin and get to opening a new stealth account. I dont understand why they have closed your account for 180 days. Did they mention why they have terminated there relationship with you? Maybe the usuall high risk cenario. Have you ever been suspended from ebay/pp before? You said you had 2 accounts, did you bid on your own stuff to increase the bid(shill bidding)

You can try and get the money from them sooner. Send them a few threats but i wouldnt get my hopes high.

I had the same issue with my telephone verification so i emailed paypal and they got this resolved for me. I had confirmed my number but it was still showing up as a limit. A email fixed that.

There are many reasons why they could have suspended you. You will need to be a little more specific and go back over your steps to find out what you done. At least this way you wont make the same mistake again.

rakauto 12-17-2008 06:23 AM

Hi,

They never mentioned what was the reason, only saying that is what they can see on the screen, and that the person on the phone never made that decision and it was the back office staff, i asked if i could speak to them, and they said that they would get them to call me with in 72 hours or so.

By the way my other account does not have any outstanding issues. I do not bid on my auctions as all of them are buy it nows.

Does it affect your account if someone else at then same address had a problem with paypal/ebay?

The thing i don't get is people out there are selling like hot cakes mainly those power sellers 1000+ feedbacks, and when a small seller like me comes along fresh and who has bought a few hundred things on ebay and for ebay and paypal to turn and close people's accounts is annoying and makes you feel like ****.

I don't mind them holding my funds for 180days as a deposit or security, and they let me keep trading, as i know i can make the funds from the products i sell and the service i provide as i provide fast delivery with tracking and goods in excellent packaged condition etc.

I just don't get them.

Will be phoning paypal today and seeing what they say, will keep you posted with any new devlopments.

Has anyone taken paypal to county court to get their funds back quicker?

Regards

GREMLIN 12-17-2008 09:36 AM

Yes someone at the same address could cause your pp/ebay account to get suspended. There are many threads on here that talk about multiple users from the same household. Sometimes it can affect it and others no. With my own experience i got suspended a few years back on ebay and they also suspended my 2 sisters. Luckily they were not sellers on ebay so they didnt realy mind. However they did manage to get back on after many emails.

hopefully when pp call you they will be able to give you a slight indication as to why your account got limited.

There are a few things that you can do. You can get into contact with the FSA, financial ombudsman and the bbc consumer watchdog. Dont know if you will get a promising result.

Regarding being new on ebay and paypal limiting you while allowing powersellers to sell 100's of items a month without limiting them. Do you not think that paypal are only taking the required precautions? I mean your new dont forget, not much feedback as a seller, or started to sell high priced items, its all new activity to your paypal account. So yes they will limit you untill they are satisfied that you are legit and trustworty. Im sure all the powersellers went through the same limitation process some time or another.

The key about paypal is opening an account and trying your best to maintain it and build a history with them. I do know that on many many occasions paypal is unfair and thats why forums like this exist.