eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   UK Ebayers History and Advice needed on whether Classified route is the best way now (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/8696-uk-ebayers-history-advice-needed-whether-classified-route-best-way-now.html)

Goods on the shelf:( 12-18-2008 11:28 AM

UK Ebayers History and Advice needed on whether Classified route is the best way now

Hi All,

I'm a returnee to this site, i originally became a member when i got my first Vero. My account wasn't suspended i was just placed on the naughty step. I began reading this site and felt very lucky i hadn't been suspended and felt i should try everything not to be. My item had been selling steadily and bringing in £300-£400 a month which is a nice extra for me but probably nothing as big as the rest of you guys and gals do!

The item itself without getting into details is totally legal i have had a solictitor check out the legal position on it! However on reading this site on the unplacability of ebay i decided not to persue things with them on this matter as i can see why they might think otherwise and didnt want to draw attention to myself.

I got VERO'd 1st not by a VERO owner but because one of my buyers, he emailed me to tell me nicely he had spoken to ebay who had been very helpfull in resolving his issue was now able to buy my item. Hmmm the next day my item was VERO'd though i sent him his item and helped him through using it. No point taking ebay out on the users even though this one's actions cost me my first loss of my extra monthly income.

So i took a few months off from ebay, it is a lot of effort selling anyway as I'm sure you'd all agree! With a one year uninterrupted run and my feedback still at 100% i fancied a break and even toyed with becoming stealth and i did setup one ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account which i've never really used.

After my holiday period i rejigged the auction and made it read like it was one guy listing one item whereas before i listed all the different types and the users with the info at hand could pick the type they wanted. But NOW i would take there details and would supply them with the one they would need keeping the inventory off the auction and making it sound like a speculative sale of just one type the users being none the wiser.

This went on fine for 9 months until i got hit with a 2nd VERO this time from a proper VERO source and now it stays it has an expiry date and doesn't expire until April! Well i can't wait that long and i don't want another holiday and i don't want to suspend my account either.

So I've had a radical thought about how i might be able to circumvent ebay fees and getting VERO'd into the bargain by using the uniquesness that the product I'm selling throws up and using it to list it instead on ebay classifieds.

Basically without going into details on the specific item i sell i have to provide in 80% of cases phone support to get it to work and i also receive speculative emails saying i have this problem would your auction fix it?

So to take an analogy say i list a classified auction for a service called "Lawn Recovery Service". Users would call me knowing there is a problem with there lawn but not knowing how to fix it present me with the problems in the hope i can talk them through fixing it. In some cases i might be able to fix it without selling them something (which is also the case now) using the existing tools they have lying around.

But on most We might find out during the call they need to buy some "Lawn Potion No 9" (The real thing I'm selling) but I would only mention this to them on the call and the price of the recovery service includes this item as in most cases it's what's needed to fix it.

So i could list a classified add instead which would not even mention the "Lawn Potion No9" thing which most will probably need to fix there issue and I'm selling what i normally do under a blanket of "Service".

So fellow ebayers your thoughts? Is this a good solution / idea? What's the deal with classifieds? Anyone use them, like them?

Regards

Goods on the shelf

mantisinc 12-18-2008 04:21 PM

It's a good thought. However I've gone down the classified route many a time - and always get listing removed for circumvention of eBay fees.

Unless you're selling motors, generally, classifieds aren't a good idea.