Click & Collect Return? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Click & Collect Return?

Hi there

A buyer bought an item off me on the 26th of June to collect at her local Argos.

However a return has been started and it says the item is on the way back to me because the buyer didn't pick the item up. However the address it's been returned to is the stealth address.

Ive just refunded her straight away as its only a £6.99 item so I can take that loss and thought it was the best thing to do so the return has now been closed and completed.

What happens when the package is returned to the stealth address? Im really worried as this is the first time that this has happened. There's a tracking number but it's not recognised on the Royal Mail website (yet) but it was only sent back this morning.

Do you think if someone is in when the postman arrives, they'll just say there's no one here by that name then the postman will just take it back to the sorting office? And see if someone collects it, and if they don't after a certain time, the package will just be binned? It's sent tracked so if no one is in when the postman comes, a card will obviously be left. Obviously the name on my stealth account is made up so the persons at that address wouldn't be able to pick the package up anyway as no one lives there by that name.

Am I looking in to it and worrying too much? Packages/letters get sent to the wrong address quite often i'm sure. It's happened at my home address a few times. I also can't see them opening a package that isn't addressed to them so im assuming they won't know it's anything to do with ebay?

Also when I ordered something off my stealth account a year and half ago, they sent it to the stealth address by accident and the persons at that address just simply returned it back to the sender. Nothing else ever came of that.

Ive had this account since 2011, 100% feedback and been a top rated seller for 8 consecutive months. I also very rarely have any complaints.

Im just a natural worrier when it comes to ebay / paypal I guess lol!

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Last edited by Natalielou__x; 07-06-2015 at 11:33 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-06-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Click & Collect Return?

Most likely that parcel will just be returned to the buyer.
You can ask him to pay you again when it arrived back at his place.
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the quick response. The package was sent to Argos though. The buyer bought it via click and collect but never picked it up within the 7 day time frame so it's being back to the stealth address on my account. Who starts the return process on eBay if the buyer doesn't pick up the item? Is it automatic? Or does the buyer start it? Thanks for your help. X

Last edited by Natalielou__x; 07-06-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2015

Longevity: 88%

I had this. the buyer didn't pick up their parcel. After a week or so Argos sent it back to me using the address I had on my eBay account. It would appear that Argos starts the process.
Is the stealth address you use a real address?
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

The address is real yes but the name is made up. The house was on the market in 2011 which is when I bought the account off a seller off here. So it could have been someone who lived their previous for all they know. How long did it take you to receive it back and was it sent tracked? X
Old 07-06-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

One off, don't worry about it. If however this stealth address is constantly getting your returned items, thats when to worry
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

It's the fact that it was a click and collect item being returned by Argos that worries me. The house was up for sale around the time I bought the account so it could have been someone who lived or lodged their previously. I just panic too much when it comes to ebay and PayPal, they have that effect on me haha! X
Old 07-08-2015

If it's nearby just pop round and explain that a parcel is going to the address and ask them to keep it for you. Tell them a relative sent you a present but used wrong address.
I can't remember how long it took to get back to me so the sooner you approach the people in the house the better.
Old 07-08-2015
Threadstarter  

It isn't near me. It's a good couple of hours away. It might look even more suspicious if i spoke to them. Like I said though, previous occupants have lived their before the current occupants moved in and people forget to change their address all the time on websites (like Amazon ebay etc) when they move house so I don't think they'll think anything of it. My mums old shop address is still on my Amazon and she hasn't work their for years, people just forget to delete/change it. If Argos sent it back tracked, the occupants wouldn't sign for a parcel that isn't in their name because it's not theirs (I can't see it anyway!) and if a card is left they can't pick it up because you need ID and there's nobody living their by that name.

The parcel was apparently sent on Monday and nothing has come of it (yet!) im assuming they'll have received it especially if it was sent tracked.

Last edited by Natalielou__x; 07-08-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2015

I'm sure an unclaimed parcel will got to the lost parcels depot in Ireland and then eventually disposed of.
Old 07-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah I think that's what happens if the recipient of the parcel doesn't collect it within a certain amount of days. They'll only keep an unclaimed parcel for so long. They'd be parcels everywhere otherwise

Last edited by Natalielou__x; 07-08-2015 at 08:00 AM.