eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal payment hold, become common now? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/87776-paypal-payment-hold-become-common-now.html)

Play 07-23-2015 04:46 PM

Paypal payment hold, become common now?

So have Paypal payment hold, become common now? Or just me.

Nearly all my accounts have to have payments held for 21 days as of recent.

Havnt changed anything.

slokor 07-23-2015 04:49 PM

Re: Paypal payment hold, become common now?

This is the common practice paypal has been using for years.
If your accounts were not getting that hold before that was the abnormal situation. What youre experiencing now is the normal.

muzzie 07-23-2015 04:53 PM

It seems that hold takes place if there is any significant change in your weekly sales. Sold for 5000 eur without holds during a couple of weeks, then 2 weeks pause, then selling again, and hold is there again.

Bunneh 07-23-2015 05:00 PM

On old or new accounts?

Play 07-24-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 688346)
On old or new accounts?

Both. Understand new. But old accounts is wierd since it is very old

How long before holds are removed?

oompaloompa 07-24-2015 03:55 AM

it depends but usually after the first 10-20 items and 3 months. the holds come off, I have had holds go back on if an account has been left idle for several months, but sometimes you can leave an account for years and no holds go on it....not sure exactly why....

...but that is just me, I have too many accounts sitting there, as I do not have time to deal with all of them...

empirestate 07-24-2015 06:31 AM

Paypal is weird. I think Artificial Intelligence is managing the holds department.

muzzie 07-24-2015 07:28 AM

Would you except an understandable logic from a machine, which sees things like this?

http://images.techtimes.com/data/ima...-jpg.jpg?w=600

wired 07-24-2015 08:16 AM

It happens. What I feel it is, is your account is under scrutiny.

Mine came on after months of trading, then went off again, only for the account to be closed down about a three weeks afterwards. A1 TRS account as well. Might be worth letting it cool off for a while if you can.

Play 07-24-2015 05:53 PM

Interesting mix of advice.

holds have been in place for about 2 months now, and to be honest, they are being released promptly on the 21st day.

I have no problem with them holding the funds, because eventually they will release it. Thought I was curious why they began doing it all of a sudden, its usual for my accounts.

It could be the recent dormancy period for the accounts.

dan_ebay 07-28-2015 10:47 AM

got worse a few months ago, mine used to go after selling around 25 items/£300. Now all my new accounts hold £1000+

christoffe93 07-29-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 688342)
So have Paypal payment hold, become common now? Or just me.

Nearly all my accounts have to have payments held for 21 days as of recent.

Havnt changed anything.

I've just had a long chat with eBay about this problem, i have a new stealth account and wanted to know how to avoid being limited in anyway or funds being held by both eBay and Paypal. She said you have to have at least 25 seller rating, been selling on eBay for at least 3 months through eBay and using Paypal for the transactions and £165 worth of transactions or more to be considered trust worthy and they all have to be through Paypal... if you have all them requirements everything should be plain sailing without no problem what so ever as long as you keep high risk items under 2-3 a month. If you have a new account you could sell items between £7-£60 once every 3 days for 3 months, this would work out perfectly and get you all the specification required if you sell items under £7 constantly you wont meet the £165 Paypal requirement this is the approach i'm taking.

sax4 07-30-2015 09:10 AM

I am getting them all the time on new UK accounts now. I used to sell an item on an ebay account that's at least 3-4 weeks old, get the feedback. Then I used to sell something outside of Ebay and get an instant payment.

That is not working for me anymore

empirestate 07-30-2015 10:29 AM

yes Holds are in placed to protect buyers

realdeals 07-30-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 690480)

Congrats on your in-depth input, but hey...at least the post count is up.:rolleyes:

My experience is that those paypal guys saying 25 items.....£165.....3 months....well, those guys are just reading a script, a company policy script.

I have MOSTLY found that if you have had 8-10+ feedback and if you have had around £50-60+ of sales......then 2 months from first sale....THAT is the time 21 day holds come off for me. It may be 2, 3 or 4 days after the 2 month from first sale mark but 90 percent of my accounts the limits go during this timescale.

realdeals 07-30-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 690480)

Since you brought up the subject....I can't resist....

Holds ARE NOT in place to protect buyers. They are there to protect paypal.

UK buyers get 'buyer protection' etc., whether holds are in place or not.

sax4 07-30-2015 04:24 PM

Well....buyer protection means they get their money back, but also they are protecting the buyers in case the seller doesn't ship

xxrange 08-05-2015 08:29 AM

I think i just caught what people here have got

Brand new account had for a few weeks and still the first payment is still on hold.

Haidukken 08-05-2015 08:34 AM

Not sure about 21 day holds, 3 of my latest accounts have had 10 days.

manwithaplan 08-05-2015 02:27 PM

I don't think there is any logic in the Paypal hold. I have created new accounts with no hold whatsoever but I'm always careful with them and follow stealth guidelines.

I think realistically it is somewhere around the 25-30 sales or £250 in sales which deactivates the hold much akin to building the trading history on Ebay as a trust mechanism.

I think also there is an element of the item factor as well. If you are selling multiple items across different categories the hold is removed quicker than if you are just selling in the same category. At least that is what appears to happen.

christoffe93 08-06-2015 08:43 AM

when you have a new account your listing could go something like this... "Please note: i don't accept Paypal i try to avoid them at all cost due to them taking money and restricting my account when they please so cash on collection only. The only way i will accept Paypal is if the buyer leaves 5 star positive feedback before the item is posted, you will still be covered by buyer protection and i will also accept returns if the items seal hasn't been broken"

Many will leave 5 star positive feedback because they know they are still protected, when they do this they automatically lift any holds on the account and if you're fully verified and have sent ID into Paypal already there shouldn't be any more problems. Offer a price they cant resist and they will bend to your will :P

Play 08-06-2015 12:55 PM

Appalling idea. Possibly the worst I have ever heard.