eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Phoning PayPal to remove receiving limit.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/88096-phoning-paypal-remove-receiving-limit.html)

Mprice3024 08-02-2015 03:40 PM

Phoning PayPal to remove receiving limit..

Hi guys,
First off, I am fully aware that phoning paypal is considered a big no no...

Basically had the 'your approaching you receiving limit' message on a stealth account about a month ago.. Put selling on hold on the eBay account until the receiving limit was sorted. Sent the I.D & utility bill as requested about 3 weeks ago now but they have still yet to be checked.

My question is, if I phone paypal in the morning and explain that I've sent the documents they requested 3 weeks ago will they check them there and then or will I basically get told to go away and wait longer?

AGAIN - I'm fully aware phoning paypal is NEVER advised.. however, this is an account that I wouldn't cry over losing & the paypal account is empty anyway.

JamesNorth101 08-02-2015 03:42 PM

Re: Phoning PayPal to remove receiving limit..

It can take upto 5 weeks.

That is pretty much all they will tell you on the phone as well

richie2065 08-03-2015 03:54 AM

i think they have a backlog as I also sent them documents about a month ago and are sat waiting - if you have gone over the 1900 limit then you should be pushed to the top of the queue?
As james has said phoning them wont help.

noived 08-03-2015 04:02 AM

well I think James said something about them changing the way the check documents now??

are they becoming more strict in how they check documents??

Trustfund 08-03-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noived (Post 691598)
well I think James said something about them changing the way the check documents now??

are they becoming more strict in how they check documents??

we cant get a break

Bunneh 08-03-2015 08:01 AM

If you call in the rep will most likely say ' i will escalate this for you and it should be resolved in 48 hours, and then BAM permanent limitation.

Imakemoney 08-04-2015 05:13 PM

Yes agreed I wouldn't call in.

In my experience PayPal are setting new records for the length of time they take to review docs, I currently have one on 7 weeks!

I wouldn't draw the extra scrutiny to your account, however it is true they do seem to be reviewed quicker when you reach the £1700ish mark.

HOWEVER please make note that it seems when paypal are reviewing the docs they often use that as an opportunity to look at your account as a whole, i.e. what you have been selling etc, and if theres lots of VeRo items been sold on ebay with money flowing through the paypal expect to be asked for invoices etc. at that point too.

richie2065 08-05-2015 03:01 PM

SO another good example to send off the limitation sending/receiving paperwork in early so that they have little account history to review!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imakemoney (Post 692088)
Yes agreed I wouldn't call in.

In my experience PayPal are setting new records for the length of time they take to review docs, I currently have one on 7 weeks!

I wouldn't draw the extra scrutiny to your account, however it is true they do seem to be reviewed quicker when you reach the £1700ish mark.

HOWEVER please make note that it seems when paypal are reviewing the docs they often use that as an opportunity to look at your account as a whole, i.e. what you have been selling etc, and if theres lots of VeRo items been sold on ebay with money flowing through the paypal expect to be asked for invoices etc. at that point too.

Bunneh 08-06-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 692362)
SO another good example to send off the limitation sending/receiving paperwork in early so that they have little account history to review!

Yes but they may not like that either 😂

Damn paypal!