eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   PayPal Limited - Requesting Passport (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/88123-paypal-limited-requesting-passport.html)

blueuk 08-03-2015 01:41 PM

PayPal Limited - Requesting Passport

Had an account limited. The account had the EU limits lifted back in January 2015 and was limited and restored after I sent invoices and tracking last month.

After the restore I got a bit carried away selling on the account, the eBay was still holding funds and there is £3500 sat in the account. More than I've ever had in a PP account so am a little peeved at the limitation today.

My £400 withdrawal triggered it, with no steps to take. However on phoning they told me it wasn't a permament limitation and escalated. They came back asking for supplier information for the invoices I submitted last month and copy of my passport, large and clear.

I'm guessing a "proper" merchant risk assessment has taken place on the account, i've put alot of money through lately.

Has anyone had a stealth account passport request restored?

dan_ebay 08-03-2015 03:20 PM

Re: PayPal Limited - Requesting Passport

no but how can they request a passport? Loads of people don't have one lol

muzzie 08-03-2015 03:26 PM

1) a little lesson - do not keep money in PP at all, or keep a really tiny amount.
2) everyone here has his own secret of solving ID issues. but the main idea of stealth is to be under the radar, so PP would never ask for an ID.

wired 08-04-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 691775)
1) a little lesson - do not keep money in PP at all, or keep a really tiny amount.
2) everyone here has his own secret of solving ID issues. but the main idea of stealth is to be under the radar, so PP would never ask for an ID.

In the UK PayPal will always ask for ID to lift limits.

£3500 since Jan isnt a lot, ive had one account see £25K since then. I find when withdrawing, only go for small amounts , £100 every couple of days, then work up to bigger amounts overtime.

Also it seems PAyPal reps are saying that limitations can be appealed now on the phone, but havent seen one come back from the death yet.

The passport 'large and clear' is a clear indication you've had a third party check. Good luck, send them what they need and see how it works out.

blueuk 08-04-2015 11:41 AM

They claim it's down to acceptable use. I phoned up and they sent it to review again, then i've had the closure parting ways email, with funds release review every 30 days.

I've appealed via email to the email address for the EU acceptable use team. Hopefully they will reinstate, there are plenty of posts online saying they have reversed the decision.