eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   differences in sales biz to personal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/91517-differences-sales-biz-personal.html)

oompaloompa 11-27-2015 07:24 AM

differences in sales biz to personal?

all my main selling accs are biz. however I have a load that I might like to use
on standby that are still personal, and wondering is it necessary to change to biz, what differences do you see? I never really sold much on personal ones so dont know, only ever stuck to few one-off items, vintage stuff etc....

I know there are fees differences, and that is a consideration but the stuff I want to sell on them are mid priced and pretty unique, not low priced items anyway, so can absorb.

my main reason is I have kinda run out of biz addresses.....

so if it was a biz acc or a personal acc and I just went for the standard 20 free listings a month on each of them, would I see much lower sales......?

JamesNorth101 11-27-2015 08:37 AM

Re: differences in sales biz to personal?

Biggest difference I find is the fees you pay to eBay

Callidus 11-27-2015 09:07 AM

Nicer limit increases on personal accounts (automatically) and also quicker

RosieTosie 11-27-2015 11:55 AM

Depends what you sell on them, need to be used items for the private accounts to have any longevity and raised limits.

oompaloompa 11-28-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 724525)
Depends what you sell on them, need to be used items for the private accounts to have any longevity and raised limits.

this was what I was wondering......

what would you say was low volume even if selling in multiples for personal acc? 1000 gross prob too high for personal......maybe up to 500....

they have to be used, really? No, surely new goods are ok, as long as not over the top volume........

I must have a ton of accs and they get kick-started every so often then forgotten, I could easily just take £400 gross £100-£200 profit on each per month and be making good use of them, as I have no shortage of different goods, so low volume really......I might start with 5, probably all I can handle right now, the listing and photos will be a pain....

RosieTosie 11-28-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 724766)
this was what I was wondering......

what would you say was low volume even if selling in multiples for personal acc? 1000 gross prob too high for personal......maybe up to 500....

they have to be used, really? No, surely new goods are ok, as long as not over the top volume........

I must have a ton of accs and they get kick-started every so often then forgotten, I could easily just take £400 gross £100-£200 profit on each per month and be making good use of them, as I have no shortage of different goods, so low volume really......I might start with 5, probably all I can handle right now, the listing and photos will be a pain....

Actually was pointed out to me when I had a query about personal account that if selling too many new things then eBay can expect us to change over to a business account. I have been selling new things and after one increase in listing and sales amount I have not seen any further listing or sales increase so I am thinking that maybe it is right that selling new does mean change over to business to get much further with the account.

xhan 12-01-2015 05:20 AM

Personal is preference for Auction/unique/low volume,
Business is preference for bulk/new/BIN/variations/repeat

in any case better to keep alive then lay dormant for too long

Callidus 12-01-2015 05:26 AM

Depends..lots of the 1000 item accounts that I sell never have any issues as personal accounts but don't get me wrong you get the odd couple that they will ask to upgrade but it's not a given for them all.

Goods do not have to be used, they can be new.

dranzerr 12-01-2015 02:14 PM

my personal acc went from the standard crapy 650£ to £8,500 :O

oompaloompa 12-02-2015 07:08 AM

I have really really high limits on all of them, as they are established, but I am going to stay low at 100 or under items each.....we cannot handle shipping too much stuff physically...stick to higher price stuff...

noticed the 75% off fvf on personal accs offer - does anyone know if that is limited time only or long-term? there wsnt much info on 'learn more'.....