Read if you use 24vc VPN or any VPN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Read if you use 24vc VPN or any VPN

Hi Guys!

Please double check that your local IP has indeed changed to your assigned IP before you visit ebay. I use a FF browser and the first thing I would do each time I connect is to type in the browser "What is my IP"

I have just noticed for the past one hour or so that despite getting the connected notice on the screen, my IP has not really changed. So, I have not been able to visit ebay since.

I sent an urgent message to the technical team at 24VC and still waiting response from them

I have to stress that I have been a customer of 24VC for many months and this has never happened before. While this might be an issue associated with my assigned IP alone I thought I would share with everyone and stress to double check your IP before proceeding as a rule of thumb irrespective of the VPN service you are using.

I hope the issue will be resolved soon

Peace out!
The Following User Says Thank You to taerese For This Useful Post:
Trustfund (12-23-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Read if you use 24vc VPN or any VPN

Happened a lot last May-June when they had server problems and durring the updates. Support for these issues is slow because it takes a while to determine if a problem exists, if it is on your side, settings or the server itself. IF it is a server issue, average fix was 12+ hours.

When a certain IP sometimes has an issue, 123 was always apologetic and replaced it free of charge. Kudos for that!
Old 12-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
123 was always apologetic
Which one is 123? I only know 24VC. Mind to share their link
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

123 is a member here who represents 24vc. He responds to any VPN questions, so I'm sure he will post here eventually.

I've been using 24vc for almost a year now and I've never had any problems like this. I believe you are having trouble with your public IP, not your local IP (private) though. The local IP address is the one issued by your router for your personal LAN. Your router basically NAT's your local IP into your public IP when traffic is routed externally to the internet. This is probably irrelevant for your problem, I just wanted to add that clarification. Your have a public and a private IP..
Old 12-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
123 is a member here who represents 24vc. He responds to any VPN questions, so I'm sure he will post here eventually.

I've been using 24vc for almost a year now and I've never had any problems like this. I believe you are having trouble with your public IP, not your local IP (private) though. The local IP address is the one issued by your router for your personal LAN. Your router basically NAT's your local IP into your public IP when traffic is routed externally to the internet. This is probably irrelevant for your problem, I just wanted to add that clarification. Your have a public and a private IP..
Hi. Thanks.
I am not sure what I am having problem with - public/private IP. My internet is working perfectly as usual. The issue is the IP does not changed to the assigned IP by 24VC. 24VC is a great service by the way.. Never had this issue before too.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would try a firefox addon called "disable webrtc". It might solve your problem. Please note that I am NOT a representative of 24vc and I am not speaking for them. I'm just suggesting something that may help.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
taerese (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I would try a firefox addon called "disable webrtc". It might solve your problem. Please note that I am NOT a representative of 24vc and I am not speaking for them. I'm just suggesting something that may help.
Thanks. I'll take a look at that now and feedback in a bit
Old 12-20-2015
Threadstarter  

@jeffweico, just while I was about going about your recommendation I found out my service is now working fine again. So, no changes made and everything is okay now.

Thanks anyway to all the lovely people on here..

By the way, I am now a senior member at aspkin. So respect me all the juniors out there. Lolz

Peace out!
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 80%

Hi, yes one of our UK servers was experiencing a network outage earlier today that lasted about 6 hours which was what was causing you the issue, but it's already been resolved so everything is back up and fully operational again!

But yeah that's a great tip, whenever you connect to a VPN for the first time you should always check to make sure the ip changed properly, it's a good habit to get into. I usually make all my browsers open with an ip checking website on startup just so I dont forget
Old 12-22-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post

By the way, I am now a senior member at aspkin. So respect me all the juniors out there. Lolz

Lol, you mean you asked a shed load of questions to get your post count up
Old 12-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Lol, you mean you asked a shed load of questions to get your post count up
My friend, I dont give a hoot about post count. Just making a laugh for me been a senior now, and ya better respect me cause I am now a senior.

Besides, its nothing bad asking too many questions. I am submissive, respectful and willing to learn. For that, I am very thankful to people who are willing to share from their wealth of knowledge and experience without complaining. That is what makes me a top seller on ebay.

I don't pretend I know what I don't know. People who pretend to know too much don't really know nahdah.
Old 12-23-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
ya better respect me cause I am now a senior.