New Paypal account... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default New Paypal account...

Ok firstly Id like to say Hi, New to the forums but have been going through the forum for over a week now but be gentle on me :D - My eyes are sore, I feel like im going blind by all the reading

I know this topic has been discussed before but I need confirmation as I cant find my actual situation within the UK side of things!!!!

Right then, My paypal account got killed lastweek for their "acceptable Use policy" - Yes I was a naughty boy BUT ignored their warnings because there were other sellers selling the same thing if not worse but were not getting pulled for it (which I find damn strange) I was nice with it and my buyers had no complaints.

My Ebay account is still up and running, Im currently got an auction running for 10 days - reason why im doing this is because I want to attract the same people looking for the same thing Im selling and have been selling for months.
What Ive done is put the ad on a 10 day listing and any bidders I get I inform them i have my own website in which they can go to and purchase directly...(dodgy I know, as ebay could be peeking at my emails - swines)

....now what with Paypal having to be offered in every auction as ebay rules, what I have done is put a New Email address in the Paypal box when creating my listing but there is No paypal set up with that email address...it worked because my auction is still running...for now! anyway I have had few bidders on my item and have made a few sales by the method I mentioned earlier (directing them/informing them to my website and also the people who have been emailing me through ebay asking general questions about my item..so far so good!!

Now heres my dilemma:
1. The Ebay account is in my Girlfriends name with all the genuine Address & Phone number But the Fees come out of My bank account with my bank details registered to it (ive been doing this since I opened the acount in 2004)

2. My paypal account was my Own (premier) which I have had since 2004 also. All the details are registered to myself, again all Genuine. Me and my girlfriend have the same address and contact phone number.

My PP account was linked to my ebay but is no longer because I removed it (after my PP got killed )but yes i know ebay will still know it was linked. Now everyone knows that without a paypal account things can get difficult and your sales will be crap because everyone wants to use this method as quick payment.

What I was wondering is if I set up a Stealth Paypal Account and then use the new account with my existing Ebay account - Will I get away with it, Im thinking not but need confirmation before I decide what to do. Im asking this here because I dont know whether people have done this before and got away with it or not. Like I said, My ebay is still going strong but will it eventually get pulled????

With my current auction, what I intend to do is cancel a day before its due to end then relist (with excuse previous listing had error in Price or whatever) just so I can try and keep getting more custom to my website, Obviously if someone reports me then ebay will be on my case and most likely suspend me... Its just that I have to do something in the meantime to try and generate custom, basically Im using ebay as an advertising tool for now.

I really want to get a Paypal account sorted but scared incase soon as I complete my first sale then paypal will see it linked to the Ebay account they killed my previous PP account for. BUT the Paypal account will be stealth remember.

I know it may seem a straight forward answer but need confirmation as like I said, Im new to this side of the Ebay and paypal crusade, Im alright round a Computer, know what Im doing and all that.

So to recap:

1. Can I use a stealth PP account with my existing Ebay account? but ill make sure the Ad in my ebay will be completely different including title description, words etc

2. How come my ebay is still going strong? remember folks, My paypal account that was killed off was in my Name and bank account & Ebay is in my girlfriends name and my other bank account.

Im sorry for the long post, really had to explain it as it is because I didnt want to miss anything and I know some posts can seem like they go on and on.........and on......

Also while we're on the subject, can anyone shed any light on Why Ive been pulled for "acceptable user policy" whereas the other sellers havnt?? If it helps, I was just a basic seller the majority of the other sellers are Business & powersellers. Ive noticed the category has been slimmed down by 400 or so because when I was doing searches there used to be 650+ returned results, now there is 250 odd and the Id say 90% of the remaining sellers are Business % Powersellers...hmmmm

Thanks in advance Folks, Hope you are still awake after all that!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

1. You can't use a stealth PP account with your existing Ebay account.
2. I am not sure...
Old 01-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I think in this case your best bet would to just create a new ebay and paypal and go from there .. it maight save yo a lot of hassle

Also, change your girlfriend's address to maybe next door or sumthing. not too sure if it will help tho
Old 01-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

I may have missed something as it was a long post but why exactly did paypal dump you?
Ebay accounts stay up when paypal is killed, and viceversa, I am not in same situation as you but I have had ebay accounts go down and their paypals are still working and able to receive other business to this day.
Advertise your own site on an auction and you will be heading for trouble.
How will you take payment on your auction if your paypal is down?
Old 01-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Cheers for the feedback!

@ oompa - Paypal said I was selling a Prescriptioned Drug but I simply sold a suppliment that is available from health stores, well known GNC sell it off the shelf. I asked for proof but Paypal being as they are just ignoring my appeals. Sealed branded Dietry suppliments was all I was selling and had been for over 2 months and there are sellers on Ebay selling the Exact same thing but nothing has happened to them!!!

I havnt advertised my site on Ebay but Ive just included it in some of my emails when sellers ask me about my product and also when I get return customers asking me if Im going to list the suppliments ever again - thats when i direct them to my site.

Problem is like you say, How do I accept payment at present? Im using pppay/Nochex/Cheque/cash/postal orders/Bank transfer but Paypal dominte the "instant Payment" dont they. Bloody hard I tell ya. Cant live with them or without them. Sales are down 80%

Looks like Im stuck really, I just dont get how Im not allowed to sell exactly the same product than the several other sellers on there...

Last edited by 4rings; 01-22-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

I dont want to be simplistic t have you got paypal and ebay terminology mixed up?

so paypal dumped you for presc drug but not ebay, strange, very. Its obviously some sort of licencing issue or you are clashing with one of their power sellers or the company or another ebayer has snitched on you and got their attention, no point appealing it after a certain point. As you say they dont reply.

Ok, so you are a Uk based ebayer on ebay uk and using nochex and getting some business thru ebay without a paypal account, doesnt make sense. Another thing is getting any business at all on ebay uk without being able to use paypal is a bloody miracle, most of us would be very happy! Youve got to have a valid verified linked paypal to trade in uk. So your paypal is still linked to ebay but you cannot use the paypal as payment method? have they limited your account so you cant receive anymore, is that what it is? obviously the word hasnt got to ebay about your paypal probs, although I dont see what paypal has to do with what you sell on ebay, ebay usually deals with that. Has paypal suspended you for dealings outside ebay or is this to do with an ebay auction?

I am obviously missing something here, not seen this before, youve got an auction running so that hasnt been taken down. Your next move depends on if you are able to list and finish auctions, so wait and see, but there seems to be a genuine glitch here as none of it is running the usual suspension course that we are used to on the forum.
You dont want to jeopardize your running ebay account that can take sales (for now) using merchant accounts, so continue with that as you are doing, and dont set up another paypal to link to that. i suggest you back it up with a stealth account, in friend/relatives details, your own slightly altered details or false ones, as a backup as I have a feeling you will need it.

sorry cant help more but bit confounding, mainly due to paypal having issue with what you sell and giving you warnings over it, not normal.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-23-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2009
Threadstarter  

This is why I came on here because like you say, it dont quite add up!
Lets see if I can make it clearer! Yes Im in UK.

1. Im still up and running on ebay UK in my Girlfriends name & our address.(remember, my Paypal was in MY name & different bank account, not hers but has same address as ebay)
2. The bank account registered with Ebay is mine, not hers.
3. Im currently running an auction right now with my Girlfriends hotmail email address (valid email BUT not valid linked to any Paypal account at all)
4. The email address hasnt got a Paypal account to it. Its just an email address my girlfriend uses for herself.
5. I simply put the email address in just so i could get through the Listing item. - I add that when I put original email address in (which is obviously is registered to my Limited Paypal account, it didnt let me go further (and of course) and stated in Red writing that I needed to add a Valid Premier or business paypal email, I gave it a go with my Girlfriends Hotmail and it let me through to the next page and completed the listing!!!! - strange as it sounds, its there right now and has been running for nearly a week.

Paypal pulled me up about selling a supposed prescription drug under my User name and stated my ebay user name - Do you See why Im confused whats gone on here now???

Ebay dont know Im offering Nochex because I havnt put it in my Ad!!!
Also Im intending on not letting my auction finish - for the reason that the Buyer will most likely rush and pay by paypal to my girlfriends email address again ill just relist. (this is for the advertising effect so I get potential custom to my auction and asking me questions so i then can direct to my site)

Im Just waiting on an email from the first buyer who has sent the payment when I first listed with buy it now, Ive asked her what the details say regarding WHO she has actually Paid in her paypal account because she swears it cant be cancelled and she was just going to leave it but in good faith I sent her the goods because it was my fault for listing it as a Buy it Now after all.

My thoughts were exact regarding why ONLY Paypal killed me off but Ebay has allowed me to continue....but for how long I wonder. Im also suspecting one of my competition did stitch me up but he was selling the same sort of thing as me, if not, worse!!!

I was even allowed to put a buy it now but if anyone uses the buy it now......where will it go??? My girlfriend will probably get an email to say " you have funds, bla bla bla, please set up account to accept" (or whatever they do)... Now the Strange thing is I actually did just so (by accident because I just relisted my auction without revising it (apart from obviously changing the email address).....and guess what,one of my regulars hit the buy it now and the payment is marked as complete at her end and she cant cancel it???? Its marked down in my completed listings a paid, how does that work? My girlfriend hasnt had an email from paypal to say " sign up to accept your funds etc " either...

I cancelled the auction and relisted revised with a running auction instead.
Now Im using Nochex ON my site, Not ebay. Any questions I get from potential buyers or interests - I then Direct them to my site where they purchase and use Nochex or other means of payment!!! (hope you still follow me)

Its like you say, Why has Paypal had issues with me only....and not ebay, I always thought It worked the other way round!!!!

Sorry for the long post again but I cant avoid it.
Old 01-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

define 'paypal got killed' exactly for me please, in less than 100 words. No more life story.
Old 01-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Permanantly Limited!

...but If I didnt write it in detail, id be getting all sort of questions and people asking me to elaborate because so Ive been told - its quite a rare situation! What do I know
Old 01-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OK, since it is a permanently limited paypal account, then any activity on your ebay account will come under their radar. Not overnight but it will happen. All you have done is 'bandaid' work which will be temporary. Each time an amdendment is made to an ebay account, it creates the chance for their bots to 'look' at the account. Now I am 99% sure that if you have a paypal limited account, that changing an email address for paypal will 'mark' the ebay account. Pull a listing (for whatever reason) another 'mark'. Then after some time, the ebay account gets lost. Can not give a time frame but, with this
extra info, you would be better to move on.

As for others selling your product on ebay uk or in fact ebay anywhere, I wish
I knew the answer. Then we have the answer, it's ebay & they are not known
to be fair.
4rings (01-23-2009)
Old 01-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Default a little update..

Ok heres another idea Ive had - might not be the best but hey, You gotta ask for advise/opinions havnt we!

Lets Just say that I Change My IP, delete all cookies etc for my "still running" ebay account, Change my user name and let it sit for say a week or 2 just to see if it raises suspicion (thats if it will continue to stay active...I also know that I might get a call from ebay asking for verifcation again due to them not recognising me with this new IP address I intend to change...)

...then in meantime whilst the ebay account is sitting there, Open up a fresh new Paypal account with the same New IP as my Ebay account and later link them?? Is that possible or will Paypal see that its linked to an account they had issues with (but dont forget, Ill change me IP for my Ebay account that is still running (for now) - will that still alert Paypal once they are linked together????

I know this might sound a silly procedure but the only reason why I ask is because after talking to a few old chaps at the weekend whilst at a gathering, one guy said to me he had nearly the same issue as me, Paypal permenantly limited his account but his ebay is still going strong for nearly 4 months now and he hasnt bothered using it but I dont know whether he's telling me the truth or not so thought id put it across to you guys on here!

Ive got the Stealth Book and intend on setting a couple of accounts up this week but I thought its worth taking a gamble on my original account thats still running and maybe use this as an experiement for the Forum (if it hasnt already been done) and maybe could open up a new gateway maybe???????

What you think folks??
Old 01-25-2009
Threadstarter  

hmmm, blast, My braincells just gave me a jolt..its the address Issue again aint it!!!!doh
Old 01-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

You dont necessarily have to open a paypal account on same Ip as when you change user name anyway, but apart from that I dont see what changing your ebay Id will achieve. Ebay wont call you about a new IP, some people change their IP everytime they shut their PC, its called dynamic Ip and loads of people have it.
Youve got a few options, If you need paypal for your auctions and want to take the risk, then open one up and link it, see what happens, the worst is you will lose it, well so what, if you dont think running auctions without paypal will get you any business and you are just paying auction fees for nothing, then try it.
Other option is leave it alone completely, let it cool down, possibly activity on the account will radar you. Come back to it in 3 months and link it up then. Meanwhile make new accounts and use them instead. an old account is always worth hanging on to if possible.
If you get business that you are happy with without paypal, leave it alone and let auctions run, although doubt this hiccup will continue indefinately, as we said before you need paypal linked up for ebayuk.
Main advise is couple of new accounts on different IPs, in differing addresses, can be your slightly altered one, relative/friends, work, ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Stealth recommends for a longterm account, you must have as much real info as possible, as long as it doesnt link you. it doesnt have to be yours, what about your senile uncle! You need to read stealth and forum as you havent understood some basic concepts, but you are with us now and you will some become a pro.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-25-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Yeah I get where you coming from and Ive got the stealth, read it last night and have all my details ready to go and have been on this forum all day collecting info, my note back looks confusing at the min,ha Just waiting on Entropay because its not allowing me to activate my card and had to email them as it states if you having trouble activating then must email them + im going to give Voip a go to.

It was just an Idea really as im approaching the 1000 feedback with my original one and wanted to try and generate as much out of it as possible before/if it goes Bang.

Stealth says that to bypass the Email thing without a Paypal account is to use Gmail so when my next auction has finished (or when I pull it before it finishes) Ill ad my Gmail email address and see whats what then. Because of ebays new "as from 15th Jan" policy, Im not bothering with adding a Merchant account either now.

Im learning pretty quick I reckon but like you say, Ive only just started so plenty to absorb.

If I open up another paypal then I cant use same address which will then alert them You reckon?? when they see 2 different addresses between them and my ebay account

Last edited by 4rings; 01-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

adding a new paypal to you existing ebay in same address may flag you, adding a paypal in different address is even worse and may flag you. I would personally leave it and add it in a few months, but its up to you. Once you have more accounts, losing one isnt as big of an issue, a shame but no biggie, I hope you retain your 1000 f/b account, so good luck.
4rings (01-26-2009)