eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   stuff that is not covered by courier (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/92436-stuff-not-covered-courier.html)

oompaloompa 12-30-2015 12:37 PM

stuff that is not covered by courier

inherent breakables, nobody covers it not courier or post office.

not so much an issue for lost but for damage is a problem....

if it is damaged going to buyer, if I bother to claim then I tend to claim for something slightly different but similar. eg a glass bowl will become a metal bowl on claim description.

but just had a couple of returns over christmas and they arrived broken back to me.....how do you handle it, refund and get buyer to claim? Buyers re going to give accurate descripton and therefore not be covered, unless you tell them not to!

arktech 12-31-2015 09:01 AM

Re: stuff that is not covered by courier

when i claim i generally get a a credit from my herpes. Of course i think you are covered by the replacement act for the distances selling regulations act too. You can tell the courier that you are considering initiating a chargeback through your debit/credit card company (thats a ball ache for them). if they really dont play ball you can ask them for who to make a subject access request to in their company. This will cost you £10 (no need to do it but they will know if you do make a request they will have to supply to you a legible copy of all the data they hold on you including account details emails Phone recordings and cctv etc. Some employee of theirs will spend the best part of a day sorting it out and sending to you) but it will cost them far in excess of that to service your rights for an SAR under the information act. good luck.

oompaloompa 01-01-2016 01:56 PM

my herpes hehe freudian....

well £100 is usually minimum for chargebacks....seems a good way to lose your courier account by making threats anyway....

£10 for cctv...? I hardly think it is worth it.....thanks for the reply. but not what I meant, I was asking about if customer returns something that they cannot claim for, as it is the sender who claims...anyway nevermind.......

arktech 01-02-2016 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 733062)
my herpes hehe freudian....

well £100 is usually minimum for chargebacks....seems a good way to lose your courier account by making threats anyway....

£10 for cctv...? I hardly think it is worth it.....thanks for the reply. but not what I meant, I was asking about if customer returns something that they cannot claim for, as it is the sender who claims...anyway nevermind.......

i usually drop my herpes parcels off (i use an accessible sender address) rather than wait in . i'm sure i have initiated chargebacks for less than £100?

i once sent an oil filled inverter to india. they broke the metal case and the oil leaked . they said oil breached their terms but they credited me the amount of total loss to my account

oompaloompa 01-02-2016 06:47 AM

my coldsore sends to India?!

never got anywhere with couriers and their terms, in fact they are evil, they can smash something and it has nothing to do with its consistancy, a bit like insurance companies they point blank refuse as it is a banned item....ie if you crush a piece of gold jewellery why is it different from plastic jewellery? not claiming for loss, they had an elephant obviously step on it, so much easier to go around them to get result I want and hassle-wise. better to say it was something that they do cover...