eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   new sky router not getting new ip address after resetting it? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/93850-new-sky-router-not-getting-new-ip-address-after-resetting.html)

artfulldodger 02-12-2016 01:00 AM

new sky router not getting new ip address after resetting it?

as in the title, i have just upgraded my wifi to fibre optic with sky tv etc and i also received a new sky router(little black shiny box type) usually to change my ip i unplug it for 2 mins and i get a new ip....but this new box aint changing the ip?? I've checked on ipburger each time I've switched it off so not sure?
Anyone else any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance

artfulldodger 02-12-2016 01:11 AM

Re: new sky router not getting new ip address after resetting it?

im also using a new macbook air so has that got something to do with it also?? am i using my mac address instead of my ip? I'm just about to make a stealth account

GreenBean 02-12-2016 01:17 AM

Here is another recent thread....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...switching.html

See what helps you, 'dodger!

:uk:

artfulldodger 02-12-2016 01:24 AM

Thanks dude, I've searched also to see if i can find any info on using a mac for stealth accounts but not getting any info in the searches! I've just bought this mac so is the procedure the same as when i was using window? just wanting to know before i make my stealth acc

GreenBean 02-12-2016 01:50 AM

Better!

You do not need to worry about a mac address, full stop. At this point, mac address is not detected by ebay/paypal.

artfulldodger 02-12-2016 01:50 AM

i just unplugged the router for 10-15mins as recommended in that previous link and its worked ...new ip...happy days:dance:

artfulldodger 02-12-2016 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 746782)
Better!

You do not need to worry about a mac address, full stop. At this point, mac address is not detected by ebay/paypal.

Nice one cheers Greenbean:thumb:

GreenBean 02-12-2016 02:00 AM

More than welcome, 'dodger....

This IP can be a sticky IP.... Dynamic but really slow to change.... especially when we are hanging on having the thing change!!!!

:typing:

Kiroshi 02-12-2016 02:48 AM

Hi mate

Just to clarify on the sky IP thing, it does indeed let you switch but you have to have the router off for 15 mins or so.

For this reason it is not at all practical for someone like myself who uses about 5 ebay accounts and is desperately trying to print everything off with kids climbing over my face after a day at my real job!

richie2065 02-19-2016 01:00 PM

It all depends on the availability of available IP addresses in the area your in, I upgraded (then downgraded) and had to reset the router for 6 minutes to get a new IP address.

arktech 02-20-2016 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiroshi (Post 746793)
Hi mate

Just to clarify on the sky IP thing, it does indeed let you switch but you have to have the router off for 15 mins or so.

For this reason it is not at all practical for someone like myself who uses about 5 ebay accounts and is desperately trying to print everything off with kids climbing over my face after a day at my real job!

My son is pestering me to move from virgin media to sky and i'm tempted.
On my virgin media modem i run it as modem only and then connect to a router. I can edit the router mac address and reboot and get a new ip address & have a list of mac addresses, i only change the last 2 numbers of the mac address. to get the different ip address.

With Sky do you get a modem and can you run modem as modem only and use your own router please in the same way as i run my virgin media modem ?

richie2065 02-21-2016 04:27 PM

Read the thread fella, If you switch to fibre then you are looking at around 5-10 minutes to change Ip address.. switch to standard BB which sometimes feels like bloody dial up then you can switch within around 20 seconds...
Quote:

Originally Posted by arktech (Post 748982)
My son is pestering me to move from virgin media to sky and i'm tempted.
On my virgin media modem i run it as modem only and then connect to a router. I can edit the router mac address and reboot and get a new ip address & have a list of mac addresses, i only change the last 2 numbers of the mac address. to get the different ip address.

With Sky do you get a modem and can you run modem as modem only and use your own router please in the same way as i run my virgin media modem ?

arktech 02-21-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 749395)
Read the thread fella, If you switch to fibre then you are looking at around 5-10 minutes to change Ip address.. switch to standard BB which sometimes feels like bloody dial up then you can switch within around 20 seconds...

Richie my apologies for contributing to the chat

artfulldodger 02-22-2016 06:57 AM

mine takes around 15mins to get a new IP

JamesNorth101 02-22-2016 07:45 AM

If you get decent solid 3G or 4G signal it may be better to swap over to a MiFi or dongle.

Phone tethering works very well as well and makes it very easy to swap IPs, you just need to make sure you track them

If you can set the Sky router to modem only mode like arktech has suggested and change in the MAC address then that should give you a new IP a lot faster than the 15 mins you have to wait at the moment

richie2065 02-27-2016 04:54 AM

Can anyone recommend a PAYG dongle to try this out?
A quick search only shows one company '3' network that do these?

arktech 02-27-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 749515)
If you get decent solid 3G or 4G signal it may be better to swap over to a MiFi or dongle.

Phone tethering works very well as well and makes it very easy to swap IPs, you just need to make sure you track them

If you can set the Sky router to modem only mode like arktech has suggested and change in the MAC address then that should give you a new IP a lot faster than the 15 mins you have to wait at the moment

i timed my last ip change rebooting virg media modem and my router (mac change) and including logging onto new id identity the process took me just over 4 minutes for no extra charge.

JamesNorth101 02-27-2016 06:56 AM

You can get a mobile phone, stick the PAYG SIM into the phone and tether it to test each network

Three works very well though, but getting a 30 day rolling contact is a lot more economical

zill4y 03-01-2016 11:24 AM

For phone tethering, does the IP depend on the phone or the sim? So if i use an old phone but insert a new or different network sim will it generate a new unused IP?