Below standard - Is it worth closing it yourself? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Below standard - Is it worth closing it yourself?

Hi Guys!

Account now below standard for delivery time consecutively for 2 months. This specifically was due to items without tracking and no way to proof they shifted on time.

Close to 1000 items have been sold on the account in the last 6 months. The limit was reduced from 1400 items and £48,000 to 450 items and £10,000 when it first went below standard last month.

Last month: 11.X%, this month 10.X%, still short of the 9%. So, I am wondering if its worth just closing the account straight away instead of waiting for them to restrict me. I dont wanna wake up to that inevitable restriction.

This is what I am thinking.
-Stop selling on the account all together. Wait for the pending fund to clear and never go back to it.
- End all listings and close the account.

It seems weird since couple of sales still coming through, yeah but I dont want to wait until I see, You are restricted notice. I can just concentrate on my other account and never sell low value, untrackable goods anymore.

Last edited by taerese; 03-22-2016 at 09:15 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: Below standard - Is it worth closing it yourself?

Below Standard ratings don't mean your account is going to be suspended. All it means is you have to work on something to get it back to above standard. They lower your selling limits until you improve. They won't suspend you no matter how long you are in Below Standard status. Just keep selling and get the tracking uploaded asap. As long as you do not have any issues, you will be fine. I would not give up any account because it was below standard. It won't stay that way forever.

Not paying the seller fees only sends you to internal ebay collections. If you do not pay it for X amount of time, it will go to outside collection agency and then it can affect your credit report. They can send to outside collection agency any time after your account is suspended for non-payment.

I would keep any account that is up and running.
Old 03-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
Below Standard ratings don't mean your account is going to be suspended.
Well, it wont get it suspended but it will get it RESTRICTED. Its all same as suspended from selling. Accounts are restricted everyday due to below standard.
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 59%

Chat of not paying your fees really irritates me, you used their services do the decent thing and pay them their dues. Why close the account? Just let the rest of the auctions run their course, ship on time and when funds are clear withdraw the money, then leave the account if thats what you wish to do with it. Getting advice to not paying fees is just stupid, if it was up to me people like who give such terrible advice wouldnt be on the forum.
Old 03-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Chat of not paying your fees really irritates me, you used their services do the decent thing and pay them their dues. Why close the account? Just let the rest of the auctions run their course, ship on time and when funds are clear withdraw the money, then leave the account if thats what you wish to do with it. Getting advice to not paying fees is just stupid, if it was up to me people like who give such terrible advice wouldnt be on the forum.
No one is getting advice on not paying fees. This thread is about closing it yourself instead of waiting it it to be restricted. People are free to contribute as they wish. Its called Freedom of speech
The Following User Says Thank You to taerese For This Useful Post:
spindoctor (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Well, it wont get it suspended but it will get it RESTRICTED. Its all same as suspended from selling. Accounts are restricted everyday due to below standard.
You have your selling limits reduced. Is that what you mean by restricted?
I would still use the account and open other stealth accounts up.
You can sell the limit on this one while you improve it and also use other accounts.
I don't know why you would close one that's up and working.
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post

There was only one comment about not paying fees. No advice was offered in not paying them.

My advice was regarding debt collectors and how to make them disappear. Not avoidance of fees.
Old 03-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You have your selling limits reduced. Is that what you mean by restricted?
I would still use the account and open other stealth accounts up.
You can sell the limit on this one while you improve it and also use other accounts.
I don't know why you would close one that's up and working.
Selling limit reduced is not restricted. I believe account below standard for 2 consecutive months will get restricted. Restricted means, you cannot sell on that account anymore. You can only use it to buy.
Old 03-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Selling limit reduced is not restricted. I believe account below standard for 2 consecutive months will get restricted. Restricted means, you cannot sell on that account anymore. You can only use it to buy.
You are Right. Selling Limits does not mean Restricted.

My US account was below standard for 11 months, yes months. It was never restricted or suspended. I went below standard when the DSR were ridiculous. I had to wait until they fell off and the new seller standards started on March 20. I am now back to Above Standard. The only thing that happened was my account seller limits were reduced. I did not have any new issues with any transactions while below standard.

I'm not sure where you have gotten the information of a maximum of 2 months below standard = restricted, but I can tell you they did not restrict or suspend my account even after 11 months. Just don't get any more seller initiated returns or unresolved cases and you will be fine. As long as your account does not get worse, they will leave you alone for at least 11 months when you are below standard.
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 46%

Been in a similar situation before.

Goood tip if you havent thought of this already.

Why not get a friend or family member to buy made up items in your shop you know wont sell. This will get the transactions up which can turn things around. It will cost obviously on fees but gets yout account good again :-)
Old 03-24-2016

Longevity: 56%

On previous accounts in y ebay infancy, I found that when they got restricted because of below standard, they restricted them so far that you couldn't actually sell enough to bring it into average. I chatted to the clueless eBay rep about it, or continually said 'I have faith in you, you can do it!', this went on multiple times till she ended the call.

You need me to sell 100 items to bring it above average, but you have only given me an allowance of 50 items - how do I do that?

'Make nice photos, big and large, offer freepost blah blah'

I often wonder if they actually 'get it' and how they function in reality if they dont
Old 03-24-2016

Longevity: 52%

Because ebay employ very smart people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
You need me to sell 100 items to bring it above average, but you have only given me an allowance of 50 items - how do I do that?

'Make nice photos, big and large, offer freepost blah blah'

I often wonder if they actually 'get it' and how they function in reality if they dont
Old 03-27-2016

Longevity: 66%

Quote:

Not paying the seller fees only sends you to internal ebay collections. If you do not pay it for X amount of time, it will go to outside collection agency and then it can affect your credit report. They can send to outside collection agency any time after your account is suspended for non-payment.

I would keep any account that is up and running.
I believe that In the Uk the only rights a collection agency has is if they have been to court.

How does a collection agency find a stealth account user ?
Old 03-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
I believe that In the Uk the only rights a collection agency has is if they have been to court.

Kind of depends on the amount owed - I'm not suggesting that you try to circumvent the fees owed or amounts due but it would take more than normal measures to find a stealth account user. But with a subpoena and legal investigation...a user can be found. Bank account for example can be explored...
Old 03-27-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Kind of depends on the amount owed - I'm not suggesting that you try to circumvent the fees owed or amounts due but it would take more than normal measures to find a stealth account user. But with a subpoena and legal investigation...a user can be found. Bank account for example can be explored...
Yes agreed my gut instinct is that a bank will only give data to the Police or tax people and i consider that will not be a quick process if its a civil matter of fees that could be contested in court. Time consuming and costs involved that will eat into a recovery companies costs.
Old 03-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you are you talking about just stopping selling not actually closing?
my advice is never ever close an account yourself - but I think you know that!!!
below standard can come back up if rested.
this happened to me. I am back selling on an acc, that I gave up on. It was not restricted, it just went below standard due to a batch of faulty goods that resulted in a bunch of returns, no bad feedback..
Even if you get restricted it might come back up, but I do not know for sure.
I just know I went back up to standard, by doing nothing.
it could be good to go again in 3-6 months....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-27-2016 at 11:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
taerese (03-29-2016)
Old 03-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post

By guile, deceit and being cunning.

Old 03-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
By guile, deceit and being cunning.

LOL true

mind you have you seen the debt collectors and tv licencing videos on you tube hilarious and very informative.
Old 03-28-2016

Longevity: 60%

Don't EVER pay EBay fees, if they suspend you or you want to close your account.

Ebay do not pay tax to this country in agressive tax avoidance schemes and have loose morales. They allow buyers to rip you off, charge 10% on postage and have dreadful customer service. they raise fees and make you jump through hoops, then change the rules over and over again, before you've ebven adapted to the last set.

Just change your names and adresses before closing accounts, to a false account. Ebay don't send debt recovery unless its for a high amount and it doesn't affect your credit score.
Old 03-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by indielad1010 View Post
Don't EVER pay EBay fees, if they suspend you or you want to close your account.

Ebay do not pay tax to this country in agressive tax avoidance schemes and have loose morales. They allow buyers to rip you off, charge 10% on postage and have dreadful customer service. they raise fees and make you jump through hoops, then change the rules over and over again, before you've ebven adapted to the last set.

Just change your names and adresses before closing accounts, to a false account. Ebay don't send debt recovery unless its for a high amount and it doesn't affect your credit score.
You sir are an agitator and contributing factor to why eB is getting harder and harder on sellers.

This statement is pitiful.
Old 03-28-2016

Longevity: 56%

they won't limit you for having 10% rather than 9% on postage time.

In regards to paying fees they just sell the debt to a collection agency who sends 2-3 emails and gives up, maybe different if its a big amount
Old 03-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by indielad1010 View Post

I understand what you mean. Maybe Ill consider waiting until my arm is up my back before paying their fees.