VPS vs 24VC vs MiFi - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default VPS vs 24VC vs MiFi

***UK ONLY***

Trying to decide the best way to manage multiple eBay / PayPal accounts, obviously I want the best bang for buck whilst ensuring my accounts don't get linked here are the options I have considered:

VPS - around 5-10$ per month each, easy to setup new one, each VPS can hold it's own eBay & PayPal accounts no way to leak IP so no account should link (QUESTION: Do eBay/PayPal pick up that your using a VPS & ask for further verification?)

24VC & VMWARE - Pretty expensive compared to VPS between 15-25$ depending on subscription, IP can leak for VPN drops so always a chance of account linking on the VMWARE box.

MiFi - Change IP automatically on restart, easy to setup, no IP leaks, what are the cons of this as I'm not 100% sure?

From what I understand I'm leaning towards using VPS's as they are easier to manage, no leaks and links and pretty cheap.

Can someone who is more experienced in the stealth field shed some light on this? want to make sure I make the right decision before I invest some capital into it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2016

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: VPS vs 24VC vs MiFi

Mifi/dongle whatever. By far the cheapest, people complain it takes longer but it takes less than 30 seconds which can coincide with when I want to roll a joint or make a cup of tea anyway.
Literally don't know why people would you use a vps or VPN other than if they're in another country. Maybe if you were doing £3k profit per account but even then I'd still see it as a complete waste of money
Old 07-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Any suggestions to which MiFi device to get and also which SIM provider don't you need big bandwidth card which can get pretty expensive? Just to confirm I can always restart the device and access a different eBay & PayPal account?

Why is VPS so bad? I can't really see the cons I can get them each for as little as 5$ a month with unlimited bandwidth and so easy to manage the accounts.

I want to run around 10-15 accounts at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Mifi/dongle whatever. By far the cheapest, people complain it takes longer but it takes less than 30 seconds which can coincide with when I want to roll a joint or make a cup of tea anyway.
Literally don't know why people would you use a vps or VPN other than if they're in another country. Maybe if you were doing £3k profit per account but even then I'd still see it as a complete waste of money
Old 07-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayAmazonBot View Post
Any suggestions to which MiFi device to get and also which SIM provider don't you need big bandwidth card which can get pretty expensive? Just to confirm I can always restart the device and access a different eBay & PayPal account?

Why is VPS so bad? I can't really see the cons I can get them each for as little as 5$ a month with unlimited bandwidth and so easy to manage the accounts.

I want to run around 10-15 accounts at a time.
Ah right thats not a bad prie for VPS then. I use EE mifi thing
Old 07-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Will look into EE mifi, anyone have any clue if there is extra verification needed if using a VPS?
Old 07-09-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Personally I use a dongle. I own more than one. It's cheap and gives a new ip almost everytime.

Three has the biggest ip range that I have seen and it is quick and easy to setup.
Old 07-09-2016

Longevity: 45%

I use vps. Have never had issues with accounts getting linked or needing verification for reasons other than my own errors in creating accounts. Have had some accounts running strong for years and counting.
The Following User Says Thank You to digim0n For This Useful Post:
EbayAmazonBot (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 80%

In reality all three are great options, neither are better than the other, because it's all just a matter of personal preference and it depends on what's most important to you etc

Mifi is a great option if you want to save money, can be more of a hassle though especially if your managing multiple accounts cause you have to be resetting the ips between accounts and noting them down etc, also if your not careful can be more of a liability if you forget to switch ips between switching accounts etc

VPS is also a great option but be careful with going too cheap because often times if you get a really cheap VPS it can be very slow & lag, and also they have a much higher tendency of going down etc. So I'd advise to test a couple out first and get a good quality one and then you'll be good to go, the only downside with a VPS is like a MIFI you can only manage one account at a time but still more convenient then having to reset mifi etc

As for the VPN just for a bit of clarification, if setup properly you never have to worry about your ip leaking on a VPN, because can setup a simple firewall rule to block your browser from getting internet access if the vpn connection drops:

How to Block non-VPN Traffic | 24vc

Getting a good quality VPN is definitively more on the expensive side especially when compared to something like a MIFI etc, but can yield a lot of benefits and lets you be more efficient with your business which in turn can lead to more time to generate more income. One of biggest benefits in my opinion is if you have multiple stealth accounts to manage and you combine the VPN with VMware. You can have for example 5 tabs open and all tabs have a different "computer" running through vmware and all are connected to a different VPN thus you have 5 computers running with 5 different dedicated ips.

So you can switch between tabs like you would on a regular internet browser and manage multiple businesses within a second.

So again it all just depends on your personal preference none is better than the other, depends on the person. Some people value saving money more, others value their time more etc. To me my time is my most valuable asset, because I can never get that back no matter what.

Last edited by 123; 07-09-2016 at 02:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
EbayAmazonBot (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your detailed answer I think I know which option to choose now
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
In reality all three are great options, neither are better than the other, because it's all just a matter of personal preference and it depends on what's most important to you etc

Mifi is a great option if you want to save money, can be more of a hassle though especially if your managing multiple accounts cause you have to be resetting the ips between accounts and noting them down etc, also if your not careful can be more of a liability if you forget to switch ips between switching accounts etc

VPS is also a great option but be careful with going too cheap because often times if you get a really cheap VPS it can be very slow & lag, and also they have a much higher tendency of going down etc. So I'd advise to test a couple out first and get a good quality one and then you'll be good to go, the only downside with a VPS is like a MIFI you can only manage one account at a time but still more convenient then having to reset mifi etc

As for the VPN just for a bit of clarification, if setup properly you never have to worry about your ip leaking on a VPN, because can setup a simple firewall rule to block your browser from getting internet access if the vpn connection drops:

How to Block non-VPN Traffic | 24vc

Getting a good quality VPN is definitively more on the expensive side especially when compared to something like a MIFI etc, but can yield a lot of benefits and lets you be more efficient with your business which in turn can lead to more time to generate more income. One of biggest benefits in my opinion is if you have multiple stealth accounts to manage and you combine the VPN with VMware. You can have for example 5 tabs open and all tabs have a different "computer" running through vmware and all are connected to a different VPN thus you have 5 computers running with 5 different dedicated ips.

So you can switch between tabs like you would on a regular internet browser and manage multiple businesses within a second.

So again it all just depends on your personal preference none is better than the other, depends on the person. Some people value saving money more, others value their time more etc. To me my time is my most valuable asset, because I can never get that back no matter what.
Old 07-09-2016

Longevity: 50%

you can also manage multiple accounts with multiple dongle on multiple VM.
And if you do it with only one dongle, you don't need to unplug it to change your ip , you can go in vmware menu : VM/removable device/disconnect/reconnect your dongle, it takes 25 secondes
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-17-2017)
Old 07-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Use ee sim well cheap and quite good pool of ip's
£14 on ebay and Amazon
Old 07-10-2016

I use VPN for some accounts, others I have a dedicated dongle. I just turn on and use whichever dongle I want to use for which ever account