Newbie - Please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Newbie - Please help

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to all this...and looking at getting a stealth account for ebay UK (my first stealth). Was hoping you guys could assist please

I do not live in the UK, however, a good friend has agreed to open a bank account so as to withdraw the PP funds into.

Couple of questions if I may:-

My product ships from China, however, instead of dropshipping (I don't have the capital to outlay for stock upfront), I thought I'd extend the delivery time so ship the item to someone / company in the Uk (from China) who will then re-pack it and ship direct to the customer. Anyone have any experience with this and any recommended companies?

Is the recommended process one ebay account with one paypal account and one bank account to that?
OR can I use the one bank account to withdraw from different ebay and PP acct's?
>> If the former should all the bank accounts be personal savings accounts that he opens?

RE paying my supplier in China - any advice here?
I was thinking of MoneyGram (MG) or WU... so withdraw to the bank account and do an online MG to china (paying with related bank card)

I'm looking at getting the highest limit ebay account, perhaps even a business seller acct (and related PP acct). Is there an advisable # of products I should start out with or can I list 200 BuyNow items as soon as I get the account?

Thanks and I look forward to all your feedback.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Newbie - Please help

That seems like it would take a very long time for a customer to get their items if you have to first ship it to the UK and then repack it and then ship it again

One PayPal to one bank account

As for paying your supplier. That depends how much you trust them really
Old 07-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

Yes also you are relying on two people to do what you pay them to; the supplier and the forwarder in UK
Old 07-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Thanks guys and yes you both have raised valid points.

So until I can raise enough capital to buy stock outright I will be drop-shipping from China, however, I will ship with DHL or the likes for faster delivery.

1) RE paying my supplier - I will be using a friends Natwest acct to withdraw the PP funds to. Can I then use that account to send him an online Money gram to China? Will this be linkable in any way?

2) My items will sell for approx 100 - 150GBP each >what is the advisable # of items to begin listing with?

3) As soon as I get the ebay UK account can I list 100 items for example?

Many thanks for all your assistance
Old 07-25-2016

Longevity: 47%

Make sure there is enough profit from each sale considering you have to ship it twice.

Even an account that is high limit needs selling history before you can sell high priced or high quantity item on. You have to work it up.

And since you have to work it up, you should take the time to spread out over a few accounts in case of any issues you are ready to sell right away again.
Old 07-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf365 View Post
Thanks guys and yes you both have raised valid points.

So until I can raise enough capital to buy stock outright I will be drop-shipping from China, however, I will ship with DHL or the likes for faster delivery.

1) RE paying my supplier - I will be using a friends Natwest acct to withdraw the PP funds to. Can I then use that account to send him an online Money gram to China? Will this be linkable in any way?

2) My items will sell for approx 100 - 150GBP each >what is the advisable # of items to begin listing with?

3) As soon as I get the ebay UK account can I list 100 items for example?

Many thanks for all your assistance
1. If you use the bank account to send money to Moneygram, PP cannot link based on that because they have no ties to Moneygram

2. You have to build your account to sell that level - slowly start with few household items or cheap items

3. You can't go gungho right away - start slowly