eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   EBAY taken down my listings TRADEMARK VIOLATIONS?!? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/9986-ebay-taken-down-my-listings-trademark-violations.html)

n2592 03-15-2009 04:11 AM

EBAY taken down my listings TRADEMARK VIOLATIONS?!?

On my old account I was selling these jackets and had no problem, but I am selling it on my new account that has not been linked in any way and it comes up with this:
MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Breach - Unauthorised Item (282523289)

There is another seller from hong kong selling the exact same item and hes listings are still up. Do you think he is trying to get me banned? Or have a misworded my titles?

There was no mention of vero in the email they sent. I have alot of these jackets I have to offload what do you think I should do?

I used the words:
BNWT ADIDAS ORIGINALS SUPERSTAR LEATHER JACKET HOODY XL

the seller from hong kong used the words:
Adidas Snake leather jacket men top tee XL originals

why did i get a trademark violation and he didnt, do you think he did it to me to get me suspended so he has less competition or was it my choice of words?

Also I listed an auction for this and it didnt sell, so i relisted it and it didnt sell, then I put it on buy it now and when i tried to edit the listing it said you cannot list any of these types of items for 30 days. Why is this?

foster 03-15-2009 09:07 AM

Are your jackets real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗?

It does no good to get upset if other sellers auctions are still up. It most likely means the eBay bots or Vero members haven't seen their auctions yet. There is always the chance your competition reported you, but I wouldn't just jump to that conclusion.

There are red flag categories on eBay. So if you're selling items in categories that are being heavily watched they will limit how many you can sell in a 30-day window. Especially if your new account has low feedback. It's just eBay's way of covering their a@@, I mean of "looking out for the buyer".

idiotbay 03-15-2009 09:10 AM

I think you can email the vero member, just prove to him that they are real, give serial numbers, then they should approve you of listing them again. Until you have done this DONT relist.

And if your selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, try selling them on another account

boondoggle 03-15-2009 09:40 AM

There are a lot of Hong Kong sellers with very old accounts with feedbacks +20000 getting away with selling all kinds of gear, Ive had the same problems many times. Its just much more difficult with new accounts- is the HK seller old and established?
I wouldnt bother with Adidas its bad for veros.

n2592 03-15-2009 10:29 AM

The thing is that I had an account before and I used to same the same jackets and I got a lot of trademark violation for other items I was selling at the time, but never the jackets, so surely I must have been reported by another seller. The day I got a trademark violation this us seller also started selling buy it now prices higher than what I was charging. Just a thought.

Also would it help if I built up my feedback using other adidas products (over a few months) built up 50+ feedback with them and then sold the jackets again?

foster 03-15-2009 10:32 AM

So your jackets are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then?

n2592 03-15-2009 10:50 AM

o no sorry i forgot to answer that question, well as far as i no the jackets are real, i got it from a wholesaler in china and started selling it, i was a bit sceptical at first whether they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but i got numerous positive feedback 100+ about jackets and t shirts bought from this wholesaler so I assume that not all these people can be rong.

foster 03-15-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2592 (Post 79167)
i got it from a wholesaler in china...

That doesn't make me think legitimate goods, but hey it's your business.

Selling Vero products you got from a wholesaler in China should lead to you having to deal with frequent auction takedowns. I would suggest you spread the items out over multiple stealth accounts. Even then be prepared for the headaches.

n2592 03-15-2009 11:11 AM

I understand your point, but what I dont understand is that when I was doing this on my old account, same items, it was going fine, until I bought a certain bunch of items from a completely different wholesaler and got banned.

foster 03-15-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2592 (Post 79173)
what I dont understand...

It's eBay, it's never the same twice. :lol:

mwargin 03-16-2009 08:45 AM

Most items from wholesalers in China are not authentic.

Lyda 03-16-2009 02:57 PM

I think n2592 has given you good advice... You can't be selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on Ebay, and looks like this is exactly what you are selling..wholesale from China. Screams ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to me. You can't even be "unsure" with source of your items being auth. or not when listing on Ebay.

Burst 03-16-2009 06:46 PM

Welcome to ebay :D

aking 03-16-2009 06:54 PM

You will eventually get shut down selling one particular item, whether it be real or not, once you start selling a large quantity of 1 or 2 particular item in short time, paypal will hit you with wanting supplier info, SSN, etc. They will start to get suspicious after awhile. You need to carefully plan the # of listings during a monthly period and know how many of a particular item you can sell before u get hit with the selling limit. You must also "cycle" accounts to be successful on ebay.

Here We Go Again 03-16-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

o no sorry i forgot to answer that question, well as far as i no the jackets are real, i got it from a wholesaler in china and started selling it, i was a bit sceptical at first whether they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but i got numerous positive feedback 100+ about jackets and t shirts bought from this wholesaler so I assume that not all these people can be rong.

When you sell VERO items on eBay you will lose account after account.
There is NO way around this (except to not do it)

It is really hard to give you good answers when we have NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE.
Are you in the USA?
Are you in the UK?
Are you in the Hong Kong?
Are you in the Russia?
Are you in the Australia?

Go to your USER CP AND ADD YOU CORRECT FLAG
I won't even waste my time trying to give advice to someone when I have NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED.

mrf100uk 03-19-2009 11:32 PM

I think the removal mite have somthing to do with the fact that adidas has never produced a leather hoodie b4 :)

I know the jacket you are on about. The chinese say its a a15. But the a15 was very ltd and was real leather and didnt have a hood.

My advice to you will be don't sell any more on ebay as adidas have clocked up on to it.

mantisinc 03-21-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

i got it from a wholesaler in china and started selling it,

Enough said, your jackets ARE ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

I'd move onto another product stream.

I take it you sourced these from somewhere like DHGate?

Lyda 03-21-2009 02:14 PM

It's too bad if you really have bunch of these to unload...Try iOffer, listings are free and everyone is selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ there...but competition is fierce, and even your supplier might be selling there for less than he sold you. But, if you can get rid of this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff and not lose too much money in the process, give it a try.

jbluntz 11-16-2009 05:02 AM

I think multiplicity is key in selling vero, instead of having 1 account to sell 1 item, have 10 accounts with 10 different listings and pics of the same item but only use 1 at a time. So you've got 1 active and 9 nonactive, or you could also be selling other product on the other 9 and the first account listing gets removed just put up a different listing of the same item on the second account and once you get to 10, start back at 1 again and record your time and try to adjust it to a year. I think then you will begin to see those hong kong feedback scores and keep your accounts from ever being suspended.