eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/107748-buyer-account-banned-because-there-no-bank-attached.html)

liam22 05-26-2017 03:22 PM

Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

I recently made a new eBay account on a separate laptop, on a new IP. After a month or so and after making 4-5 low value legit purchases my account was suspended. After asking as to why that happened via phone, one customer service employee told me that my account got banned......because my PayPal account didn't have a bank account attached (still had a legit vcc attached).

Has this happened to anybody else? I find the reason very strange to say the least.

richie2065 06-05-2017 03:56 PM

Re: Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

Yes I think you have been fobbed off there, the rep prob saw a bank account omitted and went on that.. if this was the case then why would they allow you to have and use an account at all

JHerald 11-27-2017 05:36 PM

Re: Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam22 (Post 849328)
I recently made a new eBay account on a separate laptop, on a new IP. After a month or so and after making 4-5 low value legit purchases my account was suspended. After asking as to why that happened via phone, one customer service employee told me that my account got banned......because my PayPal account didn't have a bank account attached (still had a legit vcc attached).

Has this happened to anybody else? I find the reason very strange to say the least.

They can issue an MC113 suspension for being considered a high-risk with an unverified PayPal account linked making it look even more riskier.

Generally, performing the verification with PayPal may allow eBay to remove the suspension from your account, unless the system is locked as permanent.

Your previous representative was most likely reading the case notes, which is probably based around not being PayPal verified. It would not have been a direct cause of the suspension, it has to be a confined decision based on a mixture of influencing risk factors and an assessment of your account.