Can not delete ebay account? Please Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-24-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Can not delete ebay account? Please Help

Hi guys, im new to this forum but have been a previous guest reader. I have opened my ebay account around last June as I was a student in the UK, My account has 430 feedback at a 99.5% positive fb, I was mainly selling Digital Goods (Yes I am aware eBay are very picky with this), however i no longer want to sell on eBay and wanted to delete my account. I removed my UK address and added my home address of Sri Lanka, removed my payment method and made my feedback private. All ebay fees have been paid, & it has been 30 days since I have sold anything. My seller standard says above average, I get the odd customer message me regarding an item, which i reply back to, its usually help with usage or something like that and quickly solved. All cases are closed and i dont have anything pending, as ebay allow 60 days for feedback to be left, there is probably around 50 potential feedback to be received yet. Also I have had a Vero request last year but this issue was solved and i wasnt suspended or anything. I have also made my feedback private as im no longer selling.

As it take 30 days after not selling anything to close your account I thought id start the procedure. However I got this message:

Unfortunately, we can't close your account yet, because it has been suspended, restricted, or is otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards. Until you have resolved this matter, your account must remain open. If you would like to appeal your suspension or have an account reviewed by a member of our Trust & Safety team, please contact us.

I am still messaging customers and able to logon my acc as normal and have received no emails to say my account has any restrictions or holds of any kind, in fact I recently received an email from ebay asking where I have gone and to list items. I think due to me removing my paypal and changing country address maybe this had arraised suspicious activity? by the way the items were quite low value £3 £4 £5 and the occasional £11

I am reluctant to contact ebay as by doing this it will likely have my account actualy looked in to further and put under a microscope, which will reveal I have been selling mainly digital goods and would probably lead to my paypal being ban to be used on eBay even as a personal buyer on a different account as this was a selling account or my name and other details blacklisted. 99.5% of all customers have been very happy with their purchases and the few that were not were refunded, so in terms of customer satisfaction, this is not issue.

Can someone with experience give me some advice?

I was thinking to just ensure all previous customers are happy eg. avoid any negatives or cases and eventually just never log in again? and after 180 days of my last item sold delete my paypal account connected to this ebay selling account and open a fresh ebay & PayPal, just for buying personal items? does this sound like a good idea? It has been over 30 days since my last ebay sale, so im guessing if anyone will make a claim, it will be through PP now. I also had a question, now my account address is a Sri Lanka address, when i try to delete the account, is it ok for me to delete from .com? or could it be this causing me the issue and I should try deleting from the Sri Lanka ebay site, as I'm unsure why exactly I can not delete my account.

Thanks guys

Last edited by joedavid; 05-25-2020 at 03:42 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Re: Can not delete ebay account? Please Help

? anyone