Some advice on ebay suspension please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 01-12-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Some advice on ebay suspension please

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I've not put this in the right place! But I'm looking for a bit of advice.

This afternoon I got an email from ebay saying the stealth account I bought from someone on here in November has been suspended...

'We have reviewed the activity we have seen connected to your account. As a result, your account has been suspended because we believe this activity presents a risk to our eBay community. We do not make this decision lightly. Building a trusted marketplace where people around the world can buy and sell safely is our first priority.

This suspension is permanent and means that you will not be able to participate in any buying or selling activities on eBay. In addition, any other accounts that you own, or that are associated with this account, will also be suspended.

We regret the frustration or inconvenience this may cause you. However, there is no appeal for this decision.'

I know there was no reason why the account should of been suspended... I use a brand new iPad cellular that is only used for that account and nothing else witch has never been contacted to wifi.

Off my 10 or £650 last month I sold 10 items totaling £340 odd pounds. All where sent off promptly and as a result I received 7 glowing feedback (not everyone leaves feedback). I paid my fees in full via the linked PayPal account even before they became due.

Ebay must of been happy as promptly this month they raised my limit to the 100 £3500 without me even asking.

Taking all this into account I went onto customer service chat and just asked why my account had been suspended?

I was asked for the name and address linked to the account. What the account was used for? Then told suspended to get people to verify the details help was standard practice. As I'd confirmed them the account would be reinstated.

I'm back selling after a 5 or so year brake but I've 10+ years experience before my brake and I've never seen this before, just wondering if anyone else has and any advice as to why ebay would have done this and what to look out for.

Happy new year to you all
James
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Some advice on ebay suspension please

they just want to verify there is a real human behind the account and you passed with flying colors
Old 01-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Some advice on ebay suspension please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jliam140 View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry if I've not put this in the right place! But I'm looking for a bit of advice.

This afternoon I got an email from ebay saying the stealth account I bought from someone on here in November has been suspended...

'We have reviewed the activity we have seen connected to your account. As a result, your account has been suspended because we believe this activity presents a risk to our eBay community. We do not make this decision lightly. Building a trusted marketplace where people around the world can buy and sell safely is our first priority.

This suspension is permanent and means that you will not be able to participate in any buying or selling activities on eBay. In addition, any other accounts that you own, or that are associated with this account, will also be suspended.

We regret the frustration or inconvenience this may cause you. However, there is no appeal for this decision.'

I know there was no reason why the account should of been suspended... I use a brand new iPad cellular that is only used for that account and nothing else witch has never been contacted to wifi.

Off my 10 or £650 last month I sold 10 items totaling £340 odd pounds. All where sent off promptly and as a result I received 7 glowing feedback (not everyone leaves feedback). I paid my fees in full via the linked PayPal account even before they became due.

Ebay must of been happy as promptly this month they raised my limit to the 100 £3500 without me even asking.

Taking all this into account I went onto customer service chat and just asked why my account had been suspended?

I was asked for the name and address linked to the account. What the account was used for? Then told suspended to get people to verify the details help was standard practice. As I'd confirmed them the account would be reinstated.

I'm back selling after a 5 or so year brake but I've 10+ years experience before my brake and I've never seen this before, just wondering if anyone else has and any advice as to why ebay would have done this and what to look out for.

Happy new year to you all
James

I have very similar situation with my account. But after first suspension, not lasted very long until I was suspended permanently.

Everything was smooth like you said. Until second suspension without explanation.