eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Just been banned on eBay uk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/149074-just-been-banned-ebay-uk.html)

Brentstarburst 11-16-2022 02:43 PM

Just been banned on eBay uk

Hello
Activity on your account didn't follow our Abusive buyer policy. Buyers may not misuse feedback, returns, buyer protection programmes, or payment dispute processes.
What activity didn't follow the policy

- Pattern of returning items that are different from the original item sent to you.

-----------------

I'm not sure what the hell I did wrong, I know what it says but I don't recall that happening. They won't even talk to me now..permanent suspension after 22 years!
Biggest kick in the balls is that I buy quite a bit of stuff from eBay. I sell quite often but it's not a business or anything, just to clear stuff out.

Do I need to go full stealth to buy again?
Is there a likelihood my wife's account may get banned? (Same IP?) She doesn't sell only buys, but if she tried to sell?
Can I sell through her account?

Cheers for any tips or advice

JamesNorth101 11-16-2022 02:46 PM

Re: Just been banned on eBay uk

I would personally keep the buyers account separate from the sellers account and just get something new to start selling on.

These days eBay are not that hot on linking accounts so its unlikely she will get banned if she is just a buyer.

Did you leave a few negs maybe or ask for a few refunds recently?

Brentstarburst 11-16-2022 02:54 PM

Yea I did leave a few negs lately on stuff that didn't genuinely show up and asked for refunds.

So do I need to go full stealth to buy again?
Or full stealth to sell again...or both?

murdered_by_ebay 11-16-2022 02:55 PM

buyer account should always be separate from seller account

regarding abusive policy , you should not file too many returns , 1%-2% are standard and you should be careful doing it on expensive items like iphones , it might be cheaper for ebay to kick you out for expensive returns rather than having to constantly refund sellers

JamesNorth101 11-16-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentstarburst (Post 1205468)
Yea I did leave a few negs lately on stuff that didn't genuinely show up and asked for refunds.

If your partner is buying I would just ask to use her account for buying

But yes a few negs and asking for a few refunds all in a short space will get the account banned im afraid

Brentstarburst 11-16-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1205471)

But yes a few negs and asking for a few refunds all in a short space will get the account banned im afraid

Yea, but if I wanna buy her something......?

I'd like to get a buyer account going again - so I'm guessing clean IP, do I need a new home address? New Paypal account? Guess I can't use Google Pay as I've used that before.

JamesNorth101 11-16-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentstarburst (Post 1205481)
Yea, but if I wanna buy her something......?

I'd like to get a buyer account going again - so I'm guessing clean IP, do I need a new home address? New Paypal account? Guess I can't use Google Pay as I've used that before.

Guest check out works.

I really would suggest against trying to run a buyers account and a sellers account on the same eBay account.

Your going to need a new address, new card and then hopefully not get linked. The problem will be that your DOB and name are always going to be the same so while they are not all that into linked accounts these days personally I wouldn't risk it if your going to be selling on the account as well. If its just a buyers account give it a shot and see what happened. Try to sell on that account though and you may have issues.

Brentstarburst 11-16-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1205485)
Guest check out works.

I really would suggest against trying to run a buyers account and a sellers account on the same eBay account.

Your going to need a new address, new card and then hopefully not get linked. The problem will be that your DOB and name are always going to be the same so while they are not all that into linked accounts these days personally I wouldn't risk it if your going to be selling on the account as well. If its just a buyers account give it a shot and see what happened. Try to sell on that account though and you may have issues.

Ah didn't know about guest check out.

I hear ya. I won't have the same buyer/seller account.

I just want something for buying right now with Xmas and wife's birthday coming up and all that. Just purchased the stealthbook guide and reading through

JamesNorth101 11-16-2022 03:39 PM

I would just use Guest check out for that :)

New card and the same address should be fine

Brentstarburst 11-16-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1205489)
I would just use Guest check out for that :)

New card and the same address should be fine

Cheers James

Oh - do I need to be using a different IP for buying in this way?

JamesNorth101 11-16-2022 03:58 PM

I would along with a new browser. It's so easy to do that you really may as well

rsot 11-17-2022 06:22 AM

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Brentstarburst 11-17-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1205493)
I would along with a new browser. It's so easy to do that you really may as well

Just a thought. Can my wife create a second account and I use that for buying? What would I do for the payment method?

rsot 11-19-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentstarburst (Post 1205565)
Just a thought. Can my wife create a second account and I use that for buying? What would I do for the payment method?

Can be done - should be done unlinked via stealth to be safe regardless - you could pay via credit card as an option

stevebills 03-06-2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentstarburst (Post 1205468)

You must be doing lots of expensive returns
And not telling us the whole story and what have you been up toyou naughty boy

linnex1 11-03-2023 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1205470)
buyer account should always be separate from seller account

regarding abusive policy , you should not file too many returns , 1%-2% are standard and you should be careful doing it on expensive items like iphones , it might be cheaper for ebay to kick you out for expensive returns rather than having to constantly refund sellers

Yes but it is too late now as ban is forever

linnex1 11-03-2023 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 1205471)

Good question about multiple devices on the same IP aDDRESS