eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   I'm close to eBay account suspension, but not there yet (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/15275-im-close-ebay-account-suspension-but-not-there-yet.html)

ddda88 12-17-2009 01:21 PM

I'm close to eBay account suspension, but not there yet

I'm close to eBay account suspension, but not there yet
I got a message from eBay Trust & Safety
'MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Breach - Unauthorised Item'.

I think I should stop selling on this account and perhaps sell what left of the same product under different account. Please advise me.

I have 2 other account link to the same PayPal acc. I am a bit new to this and I know the eBay rules have tightened. I don't want to jeopardise the 2 other account with completely different inventory to the one that is to be suspended if I don't do anything about it.

I just would like to get rid of the product that got me into trouble, and move on selling something else.
But I need your advise please, some of you are really experienced eBay sellers and I just need you today.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you

ddda88:pout:

oompaloompa 12-17-2009 01:25 PM

let account rest for 3 mths then you can sell same thing on it again, if you have to.
make mre unlinked accounts, then you can spread things around them
dont sell vero on low feedback or new accounts....

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 01:25 PM

Hi, definately rest the account! It will be fine.

If your other accounts are all linked as you say I suggest you set up a stealth account or 3 to shift your hot inventory.

CaptainJack

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 01:27 PM

Wonder how many seconds that was between our post :)

I hate coming second :(

CaptainJack

ddda88 12-17-2009 01:45 PM

Thank you. I'm a bit nervous about it all, this product was my main product and I had enough money to invest in 'slower' selling products from it to eventually move on from it completely.

What is 'vero' by the way? (told you I'm a newbie).

Would 3 months be enough for the dust to settle?

I yet have to learn about the stealth account, do you think that would provide the temporary solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

ddda88

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 01:56 PM

From Ebay:
The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme lets intellectual property rights owners request the removal of listings on eBay that offer items or contain materials that infringe their intellectual property rights. This helps protect members of the eBay community from purchasing items that may be counterfeit or otherwise unauthorised.

Intellectual property rights owners can request that we remove listings that they claim, by a signed statement, offer an item or contain material that infringes their intellectual property rights. These rights can include trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights. For example, the item being sold may bear the rights owner's trademark (such as a logo on a designer purse), but may not be an authentic product.

Before a listing is removed, the rights owner must fill out a form that is designed to ensure that the person reporting the item is authorised to do so, and to enable us to correctly identify the listing to be removed. If your item is reported, you will receive an email explaining why your listing was removed.

Unfortunately, eBay cannot require rights owners to provide you with the exact reason for the removal of your listing. However, we do require that they provide you with an email address to contact them directly. The rights owner's email address should have been included in the email we sent to you notifying you about your listing removal.

We do encourage you to contact them where you feel your item was removed incorrectly. Where the Rights Owner has an About Me Page we would encourage you to read this first as this may answer some of the questions you have.

And yes go stealth.... If these accounts are registered with your real info best not to risk them.

CaptainJack

ddda88 12-17-2009 02:04 PM

Thank you, I'll sleep tonight. Thanks a lot, I'll post more questions should they arouse.

A new stealth account means I have to change both description of items and pictures?

ddda88

captainjack1980 12-17-2009 02:10 PM

yes indeed....

CaptainJack

oompaloompa 12-17-2009 04:28 PM

arouse - freudian slip

change everything, use new window user account or if using same screen delete all LSO and cookies..as a newbie, please read forum carefully before making new accounts or they will get linked....

ddda88 12-21-2009 07:50 AM

Thank you to both of you for your help.
Now, I got 21 payment hold on my PP, 'sweet'... they haven't shut down my ebay account as yet.
In order to have my stealth account set up here in the UK, do I need a new address, bank acc or credit card?

As always, grateful for your help.

captainjack1980 12-21-2009 08:33 AM

yes all 3, plus new winders user account and new IP address.

CaptainJack

ddda88 12-21-2009 05:01 PM

I use Auctiva to list and re-list on eBay. Auctiva has its own checkout. Do you think that would be a good alternative to Paypal? Have you got any experience with this platform? Thank you

verdugo 02-19-2010 12:06 AM

how many mc019s can an account take before it gets taken down. What if you get one on one item listing, but not other identical listings, listings with the same product. Will they eventually all fall?

NZT 02-19-2010 06:26 AM

I know it used to be if you got two of the "ebay listing removed" messages then you take the tutorial.

Then I think a further two "ebay listing removed" messages would see an ebay suspension. (which in some cases is lifted after 1 year without sending documentation, as long as ebay fees are paid. Also if your ebay account is suspended and they refund listing fees bringing your ebay fees into a (+) amount (they owe you) then the chances are higher that you will be able to email for reinstatement after 1 year. (dont bank on this, its just possible)

The exceptions are if they link you to other ebay accounts. Then you have to resolve problems on other linked ebay accounts.