eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   how everyone is coping with the new ebay uk policy? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/2843-how-everyone-coping-new-ebay-uk-policy.html)

powerbid 02-19-2008 12:06 PM

how everyone is coping with the new ebay uk policy?

hi everyone..

being UK ebayers i think its about time to discuss ways to avoid getting suspended with the new change in ebay policy to register or upgrade already registered accounts into bussiness and display contact info to users.... well as far as upgrading the account is concerned it is not a problem but since most of us are suspended previously using our true details i m bewildered by the thoughts of getting good accounts suspended with tons of feedback.. has anyone devised a way to overcome it then lets discuss here to others benefit and i will also update and add info to this thread if i become successful in overcoming this obstacle..

steve 02-19-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerbid (Post 26289)
hi everyone..

being UK ebayers i think its about time to discuss ways to avoid getting suspended with the new change in ebay policy to register or upgrade already registered accounts into bussiness and display contact info to users.... well as far as upgrading the account is concerned it is not a problem but since most of us are suspended previously using our true details i m bewildered by the thoughts of getting good accounts suspended with tons of feedback.. has anyone devised a way to overcome it then lets discuss here to others benefit and i will also update and add info to this thread if i become successful in overcoming this obstacle..

sorry mate, but i don't quite get what you mean.
which change in ebay policy are you refering to ??

powerbid 02-19-2008 01:29 PM

to register/upgrade account as bussiness if you are a mass seller and display contact information to users either in item description or about me page..

LongMan 02-19-2008 03:26 PM

I haven't heard about this new policy, what do they consider "mass"?

powerbid 02-19-2008 04:49 PM

wow thats quite strange to find out that not many aware of this new policy anyway here is the link if you wish to check January 2008
it says about powersellers but if you read detail it says anyone who has been trading on high levels will receive an email and they will be required to upgrade their account to bussiness in order to continue selling....

rings some bells now maybe ?

steve 02-19-2008 05:13 PM

well, i had no notice on my power seller account so far, so i'll see and wait... but i don't think it would be a big issue...

LongMan 02-20-2008 06:20 AM

So you can't just input ⊗⊗⊗⊗ data again and then make up some bs if a buyer inquires about it?

pauluss 02-20-2008 06:57 AM

dont sign up to be a powerseller then - problem solved

powerbid 02-20-2008 07:09 AM

no its not only about powersellers.. if you read the policy change u will find out that ebay will see how u were trading for the last 3 months if you were actively selling it will automatically put your account on hold untill u upgrade to bussiness account and do the necessary changes..

if it was just simple i wouldnt even bother

GreenBean 02-20-2008 07:14 AM

Run multiple accounts maybe? Spread yourselves

steve 02-24-2008 01:43 PM

alright, i got this email as well now.
but they are asking me whether i'd like to register as business or private seller.
well, i'm a business seller and powerseller. but i could just register as private seller or do you guys think i'll then get in trouble with ebay ?

mantisinc 02-24-2008 02:12 PM

Steve, I had the same, and I put private. I'm not a powerseller yet as I've only been back for about a week, but I'm selling a huge volume that, in 3 months, would class as a powerseller for sure.

However, I still put private.

It sayas somewhere if they think you should be a business, they will send you an alert with instructions on how to upgrade to business.

powerbid 02-24-2008 04:16 PM

some updates..

i upgraded my account to bussiness about 5-6 days back all fine no problems... i m also registered with hmrc as ebay seller so i didnt felt any hesitation in upgrading... but disclosing my private address is wat i donot want to do.. any advice regarding this matter?

steve 02-26-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerbid (Post 27339)
some updates..

i upgraded my account to bussiness about 5-6 days back all fine no problems... i m also registered with hmrc as ebay seller so i didnt felt any hesitation in upgrading... but disclosing my private address is wat i donot want to do.. any advice regarding this matter?

why have you registered with hmrc ? is this necessary ? is ebay checking things like that ?

my most reputable best ps account has got my real address and cc info on it anyway...

powerbid 02-26-2008 01:19 PM

yes steve if you are trading on ebay as a seller.. meaning buying to resell u should declare that to hmrc.. even if you make a penny in profit.. check HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page and goto self employed section it will give u all the details...

no ebay cant check things like that its just for u tobe on the right legal side...

Jonas 02-29-2008 11:34 PM

I mentioned this a month ago when I saw the notice on auctiva. Pauluss said I was lying so I didn't talk about it again until now.

The auctiva notice said it was from rules in the european union and not ebay that is doing it.

I'd personally just do private and have many low volume accounts.

geester1 03-05-2008 05:28 AM

could you not claim the sales were from your website??