eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New Account - New Problem! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/3415-new-account-new-problem.html)

geester1 03-14-2008 05:45 AM

New Account - New Problem!

I've managed to set up a new account, its been working for 5 days! I've been selling for 3, now I come to list a digital download and I got a message stating that the email address registered with ebay must be the Paypal email address! Now the problem is I 'm "loaning" this account to see if what I've done works...if it works (up to now it has) I will open several new accounts!

I've been selling over £4,000 of ebooks per month until the end of January...so can anyone tell me if I put the email address in of my "Paypal account" will ebay cross reference it? As I set this up as an "add on" email to an existing account that got chopped!

If I make it the new email the main account, will this solve my problem? Or do I open a new paypal account get verified and use that? If I open a new Paypal account, how do I set up bank accounts??

Any help greatly appreciated.:D

thelizardking 03-14-2008 12:50 PM

Where are you from??

If the email address is already on an exististing Paypal account you don't want to use it cause it will link you to that PP...you will probably have to change your email on ebay then make a new Paypal with that email and info to match ebay...have you been using a merchant account?

aspkin 03-15-2008 12:02 AM

Yeah, no that won't work.

Simply adding an email address to your old Paypal account won't work anymore. You'll need to create a new Paypal if anything if you want to add it to ebay.

anthonychan 03-15-2008 03:48 AM

From experience I can tell you that you need to get a new Paypal and yes, you would need to have bank account to be verified.

Have an unverified account is problematic.

dollybaby 03-16-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geester1 (Post 31189)
I've managed to set up a new account, its been working for 5 days! I've been selling for 3, now I come to list a digital download and I got a message stating that the email address registered with ebay must be the Paypal email address! Now the problem is I 'm "loaning" this account to see if what I've done works...if it works (up to now it has) I will open several new accounts!

I've been selling over £4,000 of ebooks per month until the end of January...so can anyone tell me if I put the email address in of my "Paypal account" will ebay cross reference it? As I set this up as an "add on" email to an existing account that got chopped!

If I make it the new email the main account, will this solve my problem? Or do I open a new paypal account get verified and use that? If I open a new Paypal account, how do I set up bank accounts??

im taking it you're in the uk, ive started opening new bank accounts so i can open a few pp accounts, my own bank is the halifax and it is so quick to open up another acc, you just go onto online banking and it takes about a min to open a web saver account, most uk banks do the same i think, im in the process of opening a couple with other banks aswell just cash accounts no credit checks or anything.

geester1 03-17-2008 12:45 AM

thanks everyone, I'll open another bank account.

steve 03-23-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geester1 (Post 31189)

its always the best to have a new ebay and new paypal account with both the same email. you definately need to get the new paypal verified as well with new bank account if you're planning to do high volume like that...

so you're from the UK ?
how do you list items for digital download on ebay uk ?
i don't think that's possible....
or do you go through ebay.com ?

frustr8ed 03-26-2008 06:00 PM

Do the Halifax direct savers accept the Direct Debit mandates that PP send when verifying. I have direct savers at another bank. The two small amounts get deposited fine but the direct debit mandate is refused by the bank. Therefore I get an email a week later from PP saying that there was a problem with setting up bank funding.

The result is that you can verify your PP account and link it to eB to start selling, however if somebody pays you by PP you can't withdraw the money. In order to withdraw the money you need to have your DD mandate accepted to your bank account.