Detailed Seller Ratings- What is that about?! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Hmm, you dont think ebid is worth bothering with? I havent really looked at it in much detail, I was just gonna give it a try with a few items and see what happened. Well my account is still going as of today and I have had 15 more items sell, I have had lots more good feedback too, well 5 since yesterday so my percentage is inching back up towards 99%, I'm gonna go open some more 'basic' bank accounts tomorrow as they are the only ones my appauling credit rating will allow me to have. Anyone got any suggestions on bank accounts? I have used halifax and lloyds already, I am on BOS at moment, I was gonna try the Yorkshire bank, anyone have any experience of it - also Barclays....

Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

cooperative is a good one,

yeah mate,if i was you i would give ebid a shot,BUT do not give up on eb

if your inventory sells well on ebid you could do well,but i dont really know TBH

but,IMO you seem to be doin okay on eb ay,just went through a sticky patch,like we all do,whether it was your fault or not,we can not control everything on eb ay and we definitely cant control the buyers so sometimes you are gonna face issues

anyway...i would open some stealth accounts and get them selling a few items here and there,buy a few too and if your main one goes down you can go to the others you have invested in

but as for ebid,compared with eb,it is like a nokia 51-10 brick compared to an iphone LOL

give us a shout if ya need any help
Old 08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
I dont know how to check my seller dashboard to see if the complaint has left a 'stain' I have received an email from ebay saying that the case was closed - here is what they have said:

'Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has closed this case. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

This case won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.'

Road-Kill, I agree with what you are saying about ebay not being the right venue to sell antiques and collectables, only its ironic that ebay was originally founded for this and now its all about people selling on wholesale goods like inkjet cartridges and dvds sadly. I am gonna give some of the other places a try - ebid etc.

ta!
I think the seller dashboard is on the drop down list if you hover on third tab along (Account's Tab) on your my ebay page.

You should familiarize yourself with that tab as that one has all your site options and fees and stuff.

But looking at that message I don't know and it is one I have not seen before, so maybe you are OK.

As to ebid, I use it and as MR GTB says it does not have the traffic ebay has, but it does have benefits, and a lot of collectible sellers are doing OK on there.

But most of us that sell on ebid also sell on ebay and build ebid for the future and use ebay like a marketing tool. Just the way the big companies do, as once ebay get enough big companies on board that they really do not need us, then we will be toast on there. It is different to ebay and you have to work a little different but like I say it has several benefits.

But just leave ebid alone until they get over the five million, as I want that five grand. LOL

If you do use ebid, do not use the same paypal account linked to any of your ebay accounts, as I still have not heard from anyone saying off site paypal complaints will not hit your ebay account.

You can join the Cooperative online, which is handy, I am not sure about Barclays or if the forms for a new account are just for people with an account, the same as Natwests.

All three of them work be careful with Loyds TSB, as they may be giving more info than the others

Last edited by isitworththestress; 08-08-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, thanks for the advice isitworththestress, what i mean is I cant make sense of the seller dashboard info or this DSR nonsense, its all decimal points and monthly averages, its bloody ridiculous. Unfortunately I cant get a coop bank account as I have had an account with them before and I ended up with nearly 2K worth of bank charges from a £200 overdraft facility!!! Has anyone tried using the building society accounts for accounts to use with Paypal / ebay? Also does Entropay still work?
Old 08-08-2011

e`pay does work but you cant withdraw,you really need to get a bank account with a direct debit mandate

what about halifax?
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 83%

I don't know what they have/had in the UK, but in the US I used to see stores that would sell your stuff for you on E-BAY. That's one way not to have to deal with all the hassles

People are always asking about what to sell on E-Bay to make money. One answer is to sell other peoples stuff, but that is probably too much work for the people that post questions like that anyway.
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes Road-Kill there are places like that in the UK, I wouldnt use them though as their 'commision' is usually too expensive to make it worthwhile unless it was just as a one off for a high value item.
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Movie time - 40 year old Virgin.
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Yes Road-Kill there are places like that in the UK, I wouldnt use them though as their 'commision' is usually too expensive to make it worthwhile unless it was just as a one off for a high value item.
If a sales assistant charges a commission surely they must be worth it. I charge 15% so a seller gets 85% of something rather than 100% of nothing. Don't understand your point I'm afraid Johnny. If someone is going to take all the stress off you surely they are worth their corn. Or am I missing something?

Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, what I am saying is would you sell all your items through a 'sales assistant' as you describe them, FFS, if they were so great then everyone would use them, put it this way I was using an ebay trading assistant before I sorted out my stealth accounts and it cost me dearly, plus he wasnt very good at selling online!!! The guy charged extra per picture, he would take postage out of my profit and all sorts of crap like charging me silly money for packing materials etc, out of £200 worth of sales on ebay I would be lucky to see £80 at the end of it!! Yeah, I'd love to!
Old 08-09-2011

fifteen percent may not sound like much but then you have ebay taking twenty percent and listing fees and then they will probably use paypal, which adds on a whole lot of new percentages depending how much it sold for and where it sold too.

It all starts adding up and you end up with not a lot for the item you thought would make you something back. So I can see why people try to hang onto every percentage they can. Add to that that most people will no longer sell high end items on ebay, so this is a large percentage from a lot of small priced items, and it just keeps looking less attractive.

johnnyleeds

I think there are little question marks all over the page that tries to explain it but google tends to bring up better and less biased explanations of how they work if you can get on the right websites and get past the ebay flood stuff
Old 08-09-2011

Quote:
Well, what I am saying is would you sell all your items through a 'sales assistant' as you describe them, FFS, if they were so great then everyone would use them, put it this way I was using an ebay trading assistant before I sorted out my stealth accounts and it cost me dearly, plus he wasnt very good at selling online!!! The guy charged extra per picture, he would take postage out of my profit and all sorts of crap like charging me silly money for packing materials etc, out of £200 worth of sales on ebay I would be lucky to see £80 at the end of it!! Yeah, I'd love to!
So it's settled then, you prefer to deal with E-Bay and all the problems you pointed out in two pages of complaints , verses paying 15% or whatever the lowest rate is. And not having to deal with all those problems isn't incentive enough to hire someone else, or shop around for a lower assistants's rate.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 08-09-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2011

bit more advice jonnyfromleeds

use paragraphs

makes it easier to read you posts and you will get more views
Old 08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
So it's settled then, you prefer to deal with E-Bay and all the problems you pointed out in two pages of complaints , verses paying 15% or whatever the lowest rate is. And not having to deal with all those problems isn't incentive enough to hire someone else, or shop around for a lower assistants's rate.
I couldn't put it better. If you don't want to pay someone else do it yourself. Some people can't so they pay someone else to do it. Negotiate your own deal or sell on your own. If your item cannot stand a 10 or 15% sellers fee then perhaps you are selling the wrong item. Like anything else it's all about research.

And why would you expect a sales assistant to work for little money? I'm afraid I don't understand your logic

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
KingRay (08-10-2011)
Old 08-10-2011

I don't think anyone expects them to work for nothing but with all the hikes in fees, they are less attractive than they ever were.

maybe the assistants need to get more successful and cut a better deal with ebay and paypal.
Old 08-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

What ever happened to this being about the OP not knowing what DSR's are and are all about.

OP, have you gotten this in your head yet? Its really not hard to follow at all if you just look at it. Not trying to be a hard ass but every time someone explains it to you there is another post about how its so confusing and you dont understand.

You must fiure that out because selling on ebay without the knowledge is not worth doing. You will be suspended very fast without taking care of dsr's

Most people on here could care less about feedback but check dsrs several times a day.
Old 08-11-2011

If the 15% is too much, the OP could just hire someone to stare at the seller dashboard.

Not good at British sarcasm.
Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

LOL.. Yeah really.
Old 08-11-2011

its simple,the only way you can control your dsr`s is by the following

no`1. give good thorough descriptions
no`2 communicate with buyers,even if they don`t communicate with you
no`3 get items out as fast as possible,same day,next day maximum
no`4 free p&p if possible,if not,explain why it costs e.g £5 to send them a book etc
no`5 treat buyers how you expect to be treated

follow these and you will do okay,unless you get rougue buyers as was talked about earlier in the thread

understanding the drs`s is tricky at best but read through them untill you understand it

you will get it if you keep reading it,honestly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (08-11-2011), KingRay (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
I don't think anyone expects them to work for nothing but with all the hikes in fees, they are less attractive than they ever were.

maybe the assistants need to get more successful and cut a better deal with ebay and paypal.
The main point of using a sales assistant is that you don't have the hassle. I know 3 very well. Their sellers are constantly saying 'do this' 'do that' 'list this' 'list that' which if they did would see the sales assistants accounts restricted in the same way as the sellers accounts were. Some sellers cannot be told anything.

The biggest complaint against sales partners seems to be the commission they charge. Sorry - deals for nothing ended last week.

I had someone I sold for who did it properly. He studied how I sold, he listened to me about products, he listened to me about customer service and DSRs. He finished up buying the account off me and running it himself. He is in the USA and I still do the fullfilment for him. - That's how to use a sales assistant.

It's a fact of life that you can be successful on Ebay - but if you wont listen when people tell you how to do it can you be surprised if it doesn't work?

DSRs are more important than anything else on Ebay selling. If you cannot grasp that and work within the set parametres you have 2 choices. Get another job or hook up with someone who can

Simples really

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
KingRay (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Staying on topic is just as simples too
GrannyT (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011