Help please with queery - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Help please with queery

Morning all. I sold an item on ebay, posted it with tracking. The buyer has got in touch saying she has not recieved the item. I checked the royal mail website, and it says it was delivered and signed for. I got back intouch with the buyer, and she is still saying she has not had it, or signed for it.

Not sure what to do now, as I have completed my part, and the proof is there that it was signed for.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2011

Can you check the signature on line? Report to Royal Mail that customer says it has not been received - most important - keep the customer informed about what you are doing - you do not want neg fB or low DSRs because of this

Old 07-31-2011
Threadstarter  

hi, there is a signature, thanks
Old 07-31-2011

Send the customer to have a look, if the customer says 'Not me guv' you will have to involve Royal Mail. PP should cut you some slack on this as you have a signature. - Keep the customer informed - if they are genuine it is not their fault

Old 07-31-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks, she has just said she has not got it, and i checked again and it was signed for...so not sure whats going on...thanks for your help.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 90%

I can guess at what has happened, I have heard of stuff like this before, in one instance the postman took the parcel to the wrong house, and some unscrupulous person claimed the parcel was for them, so yes they did get a signature, but it wasnt the right one, alternatively someone other than the buyer - but in the same house may have taken receipt of the parcel from the postman and signed for it and not declared the package was received, either way you ought to be filing for some kind of compensation claim from royal mail as the sooner you get that ball rolling the sooner you will get refunded, if you dont give the buyer a refund first then paypal will do it for you, plus you could end up with a case opened, bad feedback etc, is that really worth whatever the amount the item sold for? If you can afford to refund the buyer in the meantime then I would do it, and hopefuly either the item will actually turn up or you will get compensation from Royal Mail eventually, but it can take MONTHS the way they perform and you cant realistically expect the buyer to wait that long, but explain to them what you are doing, and keep them in the loop as I find people are more forgiving if they know what is happening, if you dont communicate then they will start to get suspicious and bitter, then its harder to dig yourself out of the mess. I know you havent caused the problem, and its ridiculous that you should have to sort it out, but this is what we have to do now to keep things on an even keel.

regards

Johnny
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 77%

do not show it to customer as it gives customer ammunitiona against you. just string her along and say you making enquiry with royal mail and then maybe she give up . If dispute, enter tracking, and copy of post receipt showing her addresss, you will win. then buyer can go jump off cliff and sort it out with postman.

Last edited by missinglink; 08-06-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglink View Post
do not show it to customer as it gives customer ammunitiona against you. just string her along and say you making enquiry with royal mail and then maybe she give up . If dispute, enter tracking, and copy of post receipt showing her addresss, you will win. then buyer can go jump off cliff and sort it out with postman.
Not really a good idea.

The idea is happy customers.

Stringing the buyer along isn't going to do that.

Explain that the items been signed for and that your going to investigate.

Give the delivery office that the item was delivered from a call on Monday morning, explain, and the manager will speak to the postman who delivered it.

Although you won't lose your money as it is signed for...you still need to work for the buyer to avoid negative feedback and bad DSR's.
Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 78%

Ask them if they have asked anyone else living in the house or a neighbor if they may have signed for it for them?
Then say you will call their local sorting office in the morning to try find out what happened to it, as you prefer to talk to the actual postman in these cases, before they forget, so it may take you a few days getting hold of them so please be patient.

You could also ask them if they could ask on their end, as it is often better if two of us do it, sort of makes the postmen think about it more.

Then describe the parcel with as much detail as possible.

If you are going to have to get your money back from RM, then they will only pay you back the price of the item.

They may loose a buyer complaint against you, but that buyer complaint will still be a mark on your account, even if you win so your aim is to avoid that if you can.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 08-07-2011 at 03:02 AM.