eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Sole trader help please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/34747-sole-trader-help-please.html)

ulsterbeef 08-02-2011 11:39 AM

Sole trader help please

Hi. So like everyone else on here Ive been banned off ebay. I did have the eBook but it no longer works?? Any ideas people?

Anyway I know the basics of the new credit card, address etc. So... What my main question is beside the eBook is this. Before I had personnel accounts but I now want to become a sole trader which is in the eBook and paypal book so it must be an ok method of getting back on but what I dont get is... Do I have to register with the business address on ebay/ PP or can I register with a different address. I realise the sole trader bit has more drawbacks than normal but its my only route for what I want.

Any tips with this route or what should I avoid etc? Thanks

GrannyT 08-02-2011 12:01 PM

As a sole trader you can register anything you want. I'm not sure what you think you are gaining unless it's that you are a business. I have only ever registered business accounts and there is no difference.

:pop2:

ulsterbeef 08-02-2011 12:06 PM

So youre telling me that youve registered yourself on eBay as a business without actually being/ owning one?

GrannyT 08-02-2011 12:10 PM

I am several businesses - but I don't see what that has to do with Ebay - we are talking stealth here not semantics. If all you are doing is saying 'Look ebay, I'm a business and I want to make an account' then go ahead.

The same pitfalls apply

:pop2:

johnnyleeds 08-03-2011 07:05 PM

Yes I have registered as various business names on ebay before, a few years ago you could bypass the whole credit card verification nonsense by registering a business account and they would send a letter with a confirmation code in it to your 'business address' - i would use my neighbours addresses, friends addresses, squats etc. Saying you are a business for the purposes of setting up an ebay business account doesnt require that you actually register as a business and get a VAT number etc. As a sole trader you dont necessarily need that, but in the long run there are advantages to having a limited company, I dont know the full ins and outs of it myself as its something I am just looking into, but there are all kinds of benefits to do with claiming things back against your taxes as business expenses, you can rip people off hundreds of thousands of pounds and then declare your business bankrupt (only joking!) etc. Does anyone here trade as a limited company on eBay? If they do please can you explain to me some of the advantages this can have?

cheers!

SweetPea 08-03-2011 07:29 PM

About the ebook... you should have an email with the link. If you know your number they assigned you, you can log on and have access to the online book. Contact Aspkin if you have a problem.