eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Suspended after 9 years of honest selling for no reason by Ebay/vindictive sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/3821-suspended-after-9-years-honest-selling-no-reason-ebay-vindictive-sellers.html)

lucy 04-02-2008 05:59 PM

Suspended after 9 years of honest selling for no reason by Ebay/vindictive sellers

I had been using Ebay UK for 9 years, selling my own items such as old books, comics......, old clothing, unused items for friends and family, buying items cheaply and selling them in the hope of making a profit.....etc

During the 9 years I did come across a few vindictive buyers who seemed like they had a grudge against me, because the wrongly filed item not received claims, I won all the claims because I could prove the buyers had received the item, some buyers tried other methods of keeping the goods and getting a refund, such as a buyer, who somehow filed a chargeback claim, after I sent her a £110 dress, I was gobsmacked when this happened, I was out of pocket by £110 and the buyer got a refund and kept my dress..........etc

Now this is what led to my suspension from Ebay Uk -

I was given a pair of UGG boots for xmas, which I wore during the winter period, now that summer is approaching, I decided I no longer had need for them, so instead of keeping them lying around the house, I decided I would sell them on Ebay UK and try to get whatever money I could for them.

Now this is the really weird part, it seemed like Ebay/or some other seller/buyer was watching my a/c. I put the shoes on for 3 days, 2hrs left for the listing to end, the item is pulled from my listings, o.k I thought, my 1st thought was some seller didn't like me selling my ugg boots cheaper than theirs so they reported me as selling a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, when in fact I even had the original receipt in the listing, this really wound me up and I broke down crying that night.

I had given my Ebay a/c 9 years of hard work to get a rating of nearly 1200, I broke down crying, I couldn't go to sleep the whole night because Ebay is a means of making extra income for me and my daughter and it helps us get by selling whatever items we can buy cheap from sunday markets or from other sellers on Ebay.

Ebay have told me my a/c violatied intellectual property rights " I emailed them and the rights owner telling them these were original and I have the receipt to prove it to them, no reply at all

Now they tell me "your eBay account will only be considered for reinstatement , you've completed our reinstatement process..."

I don't drive, so the only thing I can send them from Group 1 list is Copy of Inland Revenue Tax Notification (is this a p60?) with address showing and from Group 2 a bank statetment, is this correct?

This whole experience, the way I have been harshly treated by Ebay, who have no care for the 9 years it took to get a good seller/buyer rating a/c on Ebay, they just brush me aside, it seems they look after powersellers, who bring them plenty of sales fees everything for them, but little people like me, we are nothing to them

I want my a/c opened again, shall I fax them what they want?, they don't reply to my emails, will doing this unsuspend me?

I would like to open up another a/c because I suspect some seller/previous buyer or even Ebay have some kind of vendetta against me or my a/c, I really don't have a clue, it feels like they are just looking for an excuse to stop me selling on Ebay

Now when/how can I open up a new a/c, since Ebay say 'Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or using any existing accounts' you can PM me if you wish

I am also getting the Ebook recommened on here, I found this forum by chance and was almost going to buy the ebay sofware from loobay

I know this is a very long post, but I am very upset and still crying and nobody else to talk to, I would appreciate any help that you can give me, lucy

ebayhateluv 04-02-2008 06:15 PM

HI, Lucy, Welcome"
Well, Believe me, youre not alone...
We are all here learning everyday. From each other..
-- The best advice-- DO NOT TRY TO MAKE A NEW ACCT on that SAME PC in your house or ANY pc in your house until you have mastered the Stealth e-book.. + Feel Confident.
--The only thing u can do asap-- is go to a Public Library--or ot your moms house- use her info-her phone, her address, her everything--her paypal, her pictures, her items,, NOTHING the same..
--In the meantime, I would try to save your acct--cant hurt--- I am not in the uk--theres a seperate section for that--but in the usa--they want the form signed, and your drivers license and a copy of your house utility bill... Before they will reconsider--
--as for your takedown--why not try to scan your receipt- send to the vero owner, ebay will give u their info--(BUT be careful--dont open their emails from your NEW pc/new id )---

_KEEP em seperate--- Read, read and read--and also pm members powerbid, mantisinc, to name a few that are good at what they do, and are also from the uk..
Best of luck :)

scouse12345 04-02-2008 06:17 PM

Lucy, if they have Suspended your account for 1 listing takedown, that sounds a little odd, plenty of people can help and advise here, and the best way to go about things is to be quite open and honest... are you sure this is the 1 and only infringement that you have incurred in 9 years..?>

As regards the faxing in of documents, yes, it won't harm your cause to do as they ask, and "if" it was pulled due to 1 infringement, i would say that your chances are fairly high of reinstatement, i have reinstated several accounts, but backup accounts are a must in the Ebay "game"..

Purchase the Ebook by all means, it has a wealth of facts and procedures to follow, and follow them to the letter... i suggest you firstly take a breath, calm down and gather yourself, it's a shock.. at first, but by no means the end of the earth.. trying to digest and take all the information in whilst upset, is just going to confuse and cloud the issue..

Submit the info they have asked for, and take a few days out to learn.. i kinda think if your story is the whole story, you will have that account reinstated..

lucy 04-02-2008 06:41 PM

scouse12345, I just read your post, I'm sorry I must have been so wound up with what has happened, that I was just steamed ahead with the post without thinking properly about any past suspensions

In the past they suspended me for not paying my seller fees, that went to a debt agency firm. The most recent about 1 week before my suspension were - I tried to help a friend by putting her hair straigtners on for her, these were pulled I think the 2nd day or 1st day of the listing and the boots. I would say during the 9 years, the suspensions in total have been less than 5 times, including going through the vero questionnaire...etc

They used to just pull the listing, but I could still sell without suspension in the I think in the past, I think what led to this real suspension where they ask for documents is the boots and hair straightners which were listed in the same week, They pulled 1 item, I did the vero questionnaire, then I listed my boots after that and that caused it

lucy 04-02-2008 06:45 PM

ebayhateluv, I have 1 other Ebay account that has some items on sale, which I opend up 2 years ago, what am I supposed to do, not login into Ebay because the IP will match the suspended a/c?, thanks for your advice, I will buy the ebook as well, this forum has calmed me down alot, just by talking to people here, I really want to get back on Ebay again selling, just got the Ebay bug

scouse12345 04-02-2008 06:55 PM

Changes matters slightly Lucy,both Vero items i would presume, chances of reinstatement drops significantly, Still fax them the info as requested, it can't cause any harm as the accounts suspended anyway.. faxing and then waiting, can take up to 14 days i seem to recall.. you can use the time in between to open a new account... BUT do not rush into anything Lucy... take your time, and make sure your fully aware of what to do... you want your new account to last, so be carefull in the planning.... and a word of advice.. do not list anthing for friends, family.. etc.. more trouble than it's worth.. and don't feel so low and dejected... i assume that 99% of the members here have been through the same.. and came out the other side.. when your able to say " an Ebay suspension is F*** all".. You will have understood and followed the system correctly.. and if your really just selling odds and ends.. you won't have to much trouble.. Named Items.. Branded Goods Etc... your always dicing with suspension.. so.. don't do it..

lucy 04-03-2008 03:10 AM

I've seen sellers on ebay uk that are selling vero items, which you know are not the real deal, yet ebay allows them to continue, probably because they make more sale commission, yet they took me down for listing genuine items, they won't reply to my emails about me having the original receipts, looks to me, they were intent on suspending me, i just feel a victim, who has been beaten and left to die, thats how bad it is, i'm really low at the moment, how are you supposed to sell vero items that you have the receipt for, if they take your listings down, thats a ebay vendetta then

deeplydippy2011 07-14-2011 02:21 PM

Its happened to me Lucy Im disabled and I cant do much else except Ebay. Selling branded goods there appears to be jealous sellers. As for the Ebay Agents. If anyone has seen the film " I Robot " - I reckon thats where they get all thier agents from, probably a bit rusty by now thats why there voices are totally weird and they then telll you their name is Fred.......All personality has been sucked out of them and stored in a jar and they can only have it back when they leave. Its knocked me for six made me so depressed.

isitworththestress 07-15-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 34652)
I've seen sellers on ebay uk that are selling vero items, which you know are not the real deal, yet ebay allows them to continue, probably because they make more sale commission, yet they took me down for listing genuine items, they won't reply to my emails about me having the original receipts, looks to me, they were intent on suspending me, i just feel a victim, who has been beaten and left to die, thats how bad it is, i'm really low at the moment, how are you supposed to sell vero items that you have the receipt for, if they take your listings down, thats a ebay vendetta then

You are taking it personal, when it is not you personally, you just happen to be in a group of sellers they do not want anymore.

The cards are stacked against you, as the complaints and buyer complaints are worked out on percentages, which those selling a lot of the same item can beat by numbers but unique goods sellers tend to be held back by circumstance.

Two things I did to make me feel better was open up lots of accounts and the second was start moving some of my stuff off ebay to one of the alternatives.

I had about ten years of customers that I contacted and told them I was moving to this great new site and that cheered me up no end.

And the fact you think paranoia when you are talking about other sellers attacking you, just see how many sellers bitch at you in response to your emails when you do that. I was surprised how many of them there was.

Good luck and enjoy the small victories.

One thing I would add after reading through your posts more.

I would probably try and get a better understanding of the seller dashboard and the way the new ebay works if you don't just want to keep going through accounts.

deeplydippy2011 07-16-2011 02:33 AM

Where can I move to

Thanks for that Lucy I sorta feel like my arm has been cut off. ebay agents are so callous, they are awful to deal with. I cant get the hang of Ebay stealth and how to open back accounts so although its good in theory and it is a great idea I havent got the resources to do it. can you tell me the wonderful new place you have gone to ?Im disabled and online selling is all I can do.

isitworththestress 07-16-2011 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplydippy2011 (Post 249612)
Thanks for that Lucy I sorta feel like my arm has been cut off. ebay agents are so callous, they are awful to deal with. I cant get the hang of Ebay stealth and how to open back accounts so although its good in theory and it is a great idea I havent got the resources to do it. can you tell me the wonderful new place you have gone to ?Im disabled and online selling is all I can do.

It is easier than you think if you continue reading and reading the forums and does not have to cost any money,
bank accounts are free, telephone numbers on sipgate.co.uk are free and read the forums on address changing and ID, which is all free.

The place I started adding stock was ebid.net and I wish I could say I was selling loads on there but the reality is last week I got three sales, the week before two and tends to go like that. I get better money on ebid for items but they are not as frequent.
But in ebids defense ebay tends to take up so much time I do not have loads of stuff on ebid and those that have a lot of stuff on seem to be getting a lot of sales.

The benefit is, it costs me nothing to list on there and only costs me 2% if it sells. The other benefit is those small victories, where I sell something on ebid it does make me feel good that it is money ebay are not getting and a customer that is going to be willing to look around after a successful purchase from me.

The buyers on ebid for unique goods tend to be better than the ebay buyers, which sort of rejuvenates the spirit, after dealing with ebay buyers, and people who sell the same as you will help you rather than attack you, which is great.

And you have to remember that ebay are changing to ebayzon if we like it or not, and eventually they will really want us gone, so you are better off learning the ropes of one of the alternatives now rather than later.

Good luck and don't give up, as it really does get easier once you give up being their victim. Before you know it you will be opening up accounts for the fun of it and as back up just in case.

paypalpains 07-31-2011 01:00 PM

Lucy, goto ebay live help and talk to one of the reps there. Tell them that you have recieved an email asking for documents , but are unable to upload them as your account does not allow you to. Make sure you have the docs ready to hand.

They will provide you with an email that you can send the docs to. keep the agent in chat, and tell him when you have done this.

he will be able to check the docs for immediately.

GrannyT 08-01-2011 03:04 AM

Erm - not wishing to pee on anyones parade but this thread is 3 years old.:doh:

:pop2:

missinglink 08-06-2011 11:26 AM

2008 post by lucy, lucy probably old lady now and her kid got pension, these people not cut out for ebay, ebay is for tough guys, I got disabled kid, thats tough, not some account on ebay, I had family killed in civil war in my country, not cry over ebay. plus this posting is by branded goods seller I garantee it , ugg and ghd, good try but ebay cut off your face if you sell that, try job at dry celaners or somethin

GTB 08-06-2011 12:17 PM

FFS........i will keep my thought to myself,otherwise it could get messy

paypalpains 08-07-2011 12:25 PM

my bad,sorry

GTB 08-07-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypalpains (Post 256805)
my bad,sorry

iv`e done this before,its funny IMO:bounce: