eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Restricted Ebay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/40126-restricted-ebay-account.html)

Obnoxio 12-05-2011 03:08 PM

Restricted Ebay account

I have been a registered on Ebay for 8+ years and for the last 18 month have been selling 40+ items weekly that I have got from various car boot sales. Profits have been good and by any definition I am 'a buisness'. I have been informed by Ebay that I am unable to list any new items unless I register as a business.

I don't wish to do this, simply because of any possible tax implications. I already work a 9-5 and pay taxes on rents from properties I own; in short I feel that I contribute enough!

Two questions: 1. If I change to a buisness, will then inform HMRC? 2. If I let the account lie dormant for a while, what are the chances of Ebay rescinding their earlier stance on my selling limits.

Please, if you are only planning to post to inform me to pay my taxes, don't bother!! I'm fairly sure that millions of children won't be in poverty, schools will not close, nurses will not have to prostitute themselves and the collaspe of Western civilization will be averted just because I pay MORE taxes for the Government to waste.

GreenBean 12-05-2011 05:24 PM

Welcome to the forum :yar:
Your name suits ;)

Taxes are payable. Do it whatever way you want.

Get a bit more credit here B4 you bother telling us how we can reply to you:amen:

Back to your questions:

HMRC are watching ebay, and actively looking for tax evaders. They are building up cases for prosecution.

Answer to your 2nd question, possibily no.

Obnoxio 12-06-2011 03:44 PM

I'm obliged, apologies for the abruptness but I have read similar postings with the majority all saying 'pay your taxes' etc; my choice, my consequences I suppose.

Does anyone know what the 'trigger' is for HMRC? My sales are around the £20K pa mark.

oompaloompa 12-07-2011 02:38 PM

thought you knew everything about taxes....but do not know the personal allowances before income tax starts at its lowest rate? ok well from next year it is just over £8000...so if you mean a 'trigger' suppose that would have to be it by definition.

HMRC watches business sellers (their 'addresses' are posted on auction) but also banks could see significant amounts coming in and report you too, how much? probably amounts per bank, of over the tax threshold....

bottom line it is BANK that leads to you.

and I agree btw, they do pee our taxes up the wall...

Stigger 12-08-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obnoxio (Post 293232)
I'm obliged, apologies for the abruptness but I have read similar postings with the majority all saying 'pay your taxes' etc; my choice, my consequences I suppose.

Does anyone know what the 'trigger' is for HMRC? My sales are around the £20K pa mark.

your about there.

Obnoxio 12-08-2011 04:11 PM

Many thanks for the updates. In regards to the 'trigger' limit for HRMC to become involved, I normally send the money to my son/daughters Paypal account who then withdraw it. They both work and are unlikley to attract the attendtion of HMRC due to this. It saves me having to explain the money to the accountant as it may comprimise him (if I'm wrong about Paypal would somebody correct me :))

It appears that, no matter what I do I will likley end up giving more to the taxman if I want to continue.

Just wondering, given the amount of taxes I have paid over the years, just how much of Greece I now own!!

Obnoxio 12-08-2011 04:13 PM

Just to clarify, the trigger I was on about was one where you would be 'flagged' to HMRC, either by Ebay, Paypal or your bank, rather than a tax allowance.

Stigger 12-08-2011 06:37 PM

why don't you save yourself a whole heep of stress and sleepless nights and just register as a part time business ?

At least that way you can go all guns blazing.

Another thing is, You can get away with 3 moths online trading before having to submit to ****, so 4 stealths with 4 different bank accounts would cover you every 12 months and enable you not to be caught as such by keeping under the radar.

dburnside 12-11-2011 02:57 PM

if your worried about tax then i assume your registered to your current adrress on the account?

create a stealth account if your that worried :)

Obnoxio 12-12-2011 12:32 PM

Do you mean a different address on Ebay or at the bank? The latter may be problematic for reasosn I won't bore you with. I've been reading up on stealth accounts but most come with restrictions on the amount you can list in one category (I don't mean the 100 limit listing etc) when you start a new account and they will only lift it if you provide additional information or change to a business. Which leads me back to square one :(

I'm having a break until after Christmas but I would be greatful if someone could advise me, given previous postings about banks/paypal etc, what they think the best way to 'disperse' the amount of payments coming in from Ebay. As I have said previously, I normally email money from Paypal to relatives accounts who then withdraw it and give to me in cash.

Thanks again for all your help however :)

oompaloompa 12-15-2011 08:19 AM

yes what does burnside mean? bank must be in your details, either personal or business...