eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Account Limited From Selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/44042-account-limited-selling.html)

arshavin 03-17-2012 12:16 PM

Account Limited From Selling

I've had an account thats got 500 posiive feedbacks limited from selling. I have a high positive feedback %. I looked at my DSRs and i 5 for shipping as i give free shipping and the other 3 DSRs where 4.8.

Is it the 4.8's that have killed this account?

Thankful 03-17-2012 12:23 PM

They limit on risk factors, i don't think this is to do with DSRs 4.8 is fine, what type of items you selling? any vero by any chance?

How olds this account?

Callidus 03-17-2012 12:26 PM

The thing I cant understand is how they get people with nearly 1 million feedback that are running businesses processing 36,000 items per month easily!

He is selling phone accessories but surely the volume he is pushing through would deem him as high risk or am I wrong as the volume he is doing he is covering himself from people doing chargebacks etc and he can cover any refunds etc?

I must be missing something otherwise we would all be selling with 36,000 transactions a month

Thankful 03-17-2012 12:34 PM

hdavey - they just don't want the little guys going far, i think with all these limits they are basically saying we don't want you, eBay is very strange but i'm sure those million feedback sellers, have really good connections with eBay and our also ebays biggest income, i'd put on money on saying if you sold the same items as the biggest players on eBay, you would be limited in no time whilst they continue to prosper.

MM78 03-17-2012 03:05 PM

That's the problem with everything these days, Same with the Walmart's of the world. They take out all the small Ma' and Pa' stores, eventually there will be no more Ma' and Pa' stores. Ebay is no exception, they have sellers who deal in the thousands and don't want the little guy making cash.

I also feel that another problem is the Chinese vendors selling to US buyers, How can US sellers make money when Chinese vendors are totally underselling the items.

Maybe if small sellers team up and buy in bulk together, might get a cheap price and be able to compete with the big boys. I've done that with some items I sell at Swapmeet(s). I get 3-4 family members and we buy huge amount of an item, split up the items and sell at competitive price.

FizzyFish 03-17-2012 03:36 PM

Gotta be a high risk item, right? Otherwise why get rid of you? Those are good stats! 4.8's wont get you kicked 4.6 or lower will...sez so on their page!

But...were you registered as a business? How old was the account?

Quote:

The thing I cant understand is how they get people with nearly 1 million feedback that are running businesses processing 36,000 items per month easily!
Key word is business. They will be registered properly as a business - not a tax dodging private seller! Not that I'm accusing anyone of avoiding their taxes :) But if they are all signed up and "legit" they are low risk, right?

Quote:

they just don't want the little guys going far, i think with all these limits they are basically saying we don't want you
Are the limits there to say we don't want you? Or is it simply to try to keep control over what's going on? If everyone was unlimited to sell as they please then they would have an even worse reputation than they do. People would list hundreds, thousands of items and would then struggle to cope with dealing with the associated workload. Certainly that's the way I see it.

A private seller selling 100 things a month seems like quite a lot. That's a lot of trips to the post office! Also if you sell to your limit 2 months in a row you have already crossed the tax threshold (in the UK anyway). I'm sure the tax man gets a bit miffed when he can see all of these sellers making money but he's not getting his cut! Someone's gonna end up with slapped fingers.

NoneOther 03-17-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshavin (Post 322315)
I've had an account thats got 500 posiive feedbacks limited from selling. I have a high positive feedback %. I looked at my DSRs and i 5 for shipping as i give free shipping and the other 3 DSRs where 4.8.

Not the whole story here I would guess :noidea:

GreenBean 03-17-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshavin (Post 322315)

Define 'limited from selling'?

As in no more selling or total reduced :spy:

stevesokol21 03-18-2012 01:40 AM

well if you have a 4.8 in other categories. odds are those people that left you a feedback could be a positive or a negative, left a 1 or a 2 in the DSR for one or more of the categories. they dont care what your actual feedback score is. you could have 95% and have a 1000 feedback score. but if none of those people left a bad DSR then that person will keep on selling and still have an account. if that 5% who left negative feedback all left a 1 or a 2 in the DSR category, then they will be out of there or have a strict selling limit. normally they restrict your selling or limit it but it looks to be that they just booted you.

it might be for what you sell too. who knows.

and another thing. if you sell high enough volume.. over 400 transactions in a 3 month time period, your DSR ratings get looked at on a 3 month scale rather then 12 months when they evaluate your account.

hope this may shed a little light.

steve

arshavin 03-18-2012 03:56 PM

I can no longer sell at all but i can still buy.

I sold v ero dvds.

the account is almost 2 years old

Sandy D 03-18-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshavin (Post 322647)
I can no longer sell at all but i can still buy.

I sold v ero dvds.

Thus the reason.

Being 2 years or 15 years old does not matter if you are doing this.

Hope you have other accounts and understand why the account went down.

arshavin 03-19-2012 09:44 AM

I have a couple of other accounts. But these are being restricted but i have good DSRs and feedback for these also.

The products i have been selling are no longer good to sell. I'm stuck now with nothin to sell at the moment.

NoneOther 03-19-2012 02:29 PM

I though the whole concept of stealth is to build long term accounts not blow them by selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff.

It's accounts like this that make it all the more difficult for those trying to do the right thing.

arshavin 03-19-2012 02:44 PM

I hear what your saying but i found it impossible to find non vero items that sell and give some margin. I'd love nothing more to sell non vero items!

hackteck 03-19-2012 03:57 PM

i sell brand new and used electronics,phones,tablets etc and i make excellent profit look a little harder theres tons of stuff thats non vero you can make a nice profit on

Sandy D 03-20-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackteck (Post 322944)
i sell brand new and used electronics,phones,tablets etc and i make excellent profit look a little harder theres tons of stuff thats non vero you can make a nice profit on

I agree.

I dont sell vero and never have and do very well.

arshavin 03-20-2012 05:34 AM

hackteck and sandy d you have both just made me feel better :). I'll get digging again thanks

arshavin 03-20-2012 02:15 PM

when you guys are looking for items do you use/need terapeak?

rsot 03-21-2012 06:07 AM

Seems to be looking bad for this account - could chance an e-mail to eb or live chat.

arshavin 03-22-2012 10:31 AM

The mad thing is i am selling on a second i made with the same details. Its linked to the same paypal aswell. Fingers crossed it stays alive!

NoneOther 03-23-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshavin (Post 323788)
The mad thing is i am selling on a second i made with the same details. Its linked to the same paypal aswell. Fingers crossed it stays alive!

Probably not for too long.

I expect its on its last few breaths right now. :mad:

Say a prayer for the dying

rsot 03-23-2012 11:01 AM

@arshavin, yeah be careful - you could get blocked at ANY time.