Free Gifts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-15-2012
Bunneh's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,946
Thanks: 666
Thanked 1,064 Times in 815 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (24)
Default Free Gifts

So i am wanting to start sending out free gifts out to my buyers,
How much do you spend on free gifts??
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 05-15-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,043
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,018 Times in 7,035 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

I recyle unwanted gifts from sellers
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

i always for 7 years have included free gifts on ebay sales

everyone likes sweets right

i buy a couple of boxes of chocolate chew bars

work out at 10p each

gets me out of trouble lots and avoids many low dsr's and bad feedback

accompanied by my lovely compliment slip :-)

for website sales i buy bulk loads of 512k memory sticks

they are printed with my web addresses

now 512k aint alot these days but its something they wont throw away

its always next to the computer (obviously)

and therefore on their mind when puchasing things
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

theoreticaly
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I recyle unwanted gifts from sellers
smart thinking you cheapskate
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,043
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,018 Times in 7,035 Posts
Activity: 41%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
smart thinking you cheapskate
It's chocolate chew bars too
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
they_screwed_me_too (05-15-2012)
  #7  
Old 05-15-2012
Bunneh's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,946
Thanks: 666
Thanked 1,064 Times in 815 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (24)
Default

Quote:
I recyle unwanted gifts from sellers
HAHA classic

Quote:
i always for 7 years have included free gifts on ebay sales

everyone likes sweets right

i buy a couple of boxes of chocolate chew bars

work out at 10p each

gets me out of trouble lots and avoids many low dsr's and bad feedback

accompanied by my lovely compliment slip :-)

for website sales i buy bulk loads of 512k memory sticks

they are printed with my web addresses

now 512k aint alot these days but its something they wont throw away

its always next to the computer (obviously)

and therefore on their mind when puchasing things
Do you mind me asking, If you send sweets does that mean you should be selling them?

I thought i should send a gift that fell under the same category that the buyer made the purchase from ...

Otherwise they might think its random.

Even though i think sweets is a great idea
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

good idea that

ill buy them at 10p

free p & p

let ebay/pp have their fees

58p tp post it

leaves me somewhere about -70p

il get on it and list a few hundred today

should make me bakruot in about 2 years


great thinking Bunneh any other little gems of business wisdom for me ?

we could rule the world baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
HAHA classic



Do you mind me asking, If you send sweets does that mean you should be selling them?

I thought i should send a gift that fell under the same category that the buyer made the purchase from ...

Otherwise they might think its random.

Even though i think sweets is a great idea
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-15-2012
Bunneh's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,946
Thanks: 666
Thanked 1,064 Times in 815 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (24)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
good idea that

ill buy them at 10p

free p & p

let ebay/pp have their fees

58p tp post it

leaves me somewhere about -70p

il get on it and list a few hundred today

should make me bakruot in about 2 years


great thinking Bunneh any other little gems of business wisdom for me ?

we could rule the world baby


Good point you have but what i mean was say
i was selling stickers and some one bought stickers from me,
Wouldn't it be better to give a sheet of stickers for a gift rather than say something different like a sweet

And just so you know i dont sell stickers
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

i'd send anything that is cheap and relevant

makes them think we are nice

sweets cover all sexes and ages and products

its a universal save gift

although i once got a neg feedback from a diabetic

works for me
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-15-2012
oompaloompa's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,579
Thanks: 502
Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,187 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (7)
Default

I have sent out christmas decorations before but only seasonally....
__________________
https://youtu.be/bn4t0BuClbw
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,484
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,137 Times in 6,503 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Have in the past used momento pens.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 26
Thanked 203 Times in 166 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
iTrader: (0)
Default

if your items arrive in a couple days, you do not need free gifts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
if your items arrive in a couple days, you do not need free gifts.
dont be daft

there is much much more to an ebay transaction than delivery time alone

postage costs might be an issue

item might be not as they percieved it was

they might not like the way it was wrapped

and many many more variables

a simple "extra free item" plants a pychological "this is a NICE seller" thought in their mind

as we know every little better feedback and every higher dsr helps us immensley

ill waste 10p for a 3 dsr instead of a 2 every day
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-15-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,484
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,137 Times in 6,503 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Just a side note on the foodstuff type of free gifts, make sure your sh*t is peanut-free because some of that could come back to bite you in your a$$ if your buyer/family is allergic to peanuts...you'll be sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-15-2012
Bunneh's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,946
Thanks: 666
Thanked 1,064 Times in 815 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (24)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Just a side note on the foodstuff type of free gifts, make sure your sh*t is peanut-free because some of that could come back to bite you in your a$$ if your buyer/family is allergic to peanuts...you'll be sorry.
Tell us what happened
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-15-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,484
Thanks: 4,629
Thanked 7,137 Times in 6,503 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Not me personally but was a thank you gift for event - the promoter got sued for having peanut-based stuff in the "loot bag" - I dont know the result but it's all along the same lines.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 26
Thanked 203 Times in 166 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
dont be daft

there is much much more to an ebay transaction than delivery time alone

postage costs might be an issue

item might be not as they percieved it was

they might not like the way it was wrapped

and many many more variables

a simple "extra free item" plants a pychological "this is a NICE seller" thought in their mind

as we know every little better feedback and every higher dsr helps us immensley

ill waste 10p for a 3 dsr instead of a 2 every day
Free gifts are over rated. Buyers want their items immediately, and when it arrives in just a few days, you run into very very minimal problems. Take the comment above of the seller who recycles theirs. My point exactly. The free gift rarely spike the customer interest, and 99.99% of the free gifts I get end up in the trash.

- Postage costs are rarely an issue, unless you are trying to make bank on postage. Make a few extra dollars is perfectly acceptable and common.

- If the item is not perceived the way you sold it, than you shouldn't have sold it in the first place. Sell and explain the item exactly as it is. Never had an issue with this and I range from 150-300 items daily.

- Wrap the product the way you would like it wrapped and, once again, minimal issues should occur.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

all your comments are valid to normal buyers

but all buyers as we know arent normal

i try to preempt the 2% of t***
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-15-2012
TGMT²'s Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,050
Thanks: 639
Thanked 1,447 Times in 790 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (3)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
if your items arrive in a couple days, you do not need free gifts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Free gifts are over rated.
I for one don't agree with you. What may work for you, may not be the best possibility for everyone. Plus the thread is not about if the OP should or wants to send free gifts, he has already decided it may be a good idea. (I concur)

Personally, I think free gifts are a Great idea for most business models. I myself send free gifts in all my packages and get about 70% return feedback (on eBay) which is way above the normal average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
So i am wanting to start sending out free gifts out to my buyers,
How much do you spend on free gifts?
For the OP: In general I never spend more than 25¢ on each free gift. But since I garage sale every Saturday, I am able to get lots of new low-priced-items for almost nothing.

Depending on the buyer and the item sold, I will put between 1-5 (or more) free gifts in each package.

Helpful Hint: Buy a decent price-gun, and mark your free gifts with the retail price. Makes your customer think they are getting a nicer gift. :D
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
they_screwed_me_too (05-15-2012)
  #21  
Old 05-15-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 204
Thanked 252 Times in 209 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post

Helpful Hint: Buy a decent price-gun, and mark your free gifts with the retail price. Makes your customer think they are getting a nicer gift. :D
what a great idea
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-15-2012
johnnyleeds's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 451
Thanks: 29
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I dont know about 'free gifts' but I recently noticed that one of my tortoiseshell cats white whiskers had fallen out - as they occasionally do, and this whisker had become stuck to the outside of a parcel under the clear sellotape.

The package was being shipped to the USA - Westchester, wherever that is, and I was quite amused that one of my cats whiskers was going to be travelling to the USA....!

I personally think that considerate packaging, efficient service and reasonable postage costs are far better offers than the trinkets and baubles offered to distract the customer from the fact they've been charged £5 postage to receive a scratched DVD that took 8 weeks to arrive... ho ho ho! only kidding!
__________________
DON'T LET THE B**STARDS GRIND YOU DOWN ! ! !
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying Using eBay Group Gifts safe? Gman91189 Subscriber Discussions 8 03-25-2012 06:55 PM
Sending/receiving payments as GIFTS magic62 PayPal Talk 6 05-24-2011 12:28 PM
Paypal gifts? DevilBay PayPal Talk 4 03-28-2011 09:29 AM
What prepaid gifts cards work for Canadians? Jonas eBay Discussion! 0 09-09-2007 10:09 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts