eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Using 2nd eBay business account when one is suspended from selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/49258-using-2nd-ebay-business-account-when-one-suspended-selling.html)

hotpink 08-02-2012 05:33 AM

Using 2nd eBay business account when one is suspended from selling

Hey everyone,

I want to ring eBay this morning and ask this but any advice or previous experience stories first, would be greatly appreciated.

History:

I have 2 business accounts of actively trading companies.

Account 1) indefinate selling suspension in April 2012 due to inproper pulls for authentic goods (genuinely authentic, receipts were supplied and spoke to top team managers for weeks but eBay said no, we won't re-instate the selling until it's review in Nov).

So Account 1 is basically no use as I can't sell, so I don't even bother logging into it anymore.

Account 2) long standing business account from around 2003. No issues on this account but it is in my name, the same as the business Account 1, so I haven't logged in or used it because of the terms of not being allowed to use or register any other accounts.

Now, my question is regarding Account 2. It's a fully running business and we need that account.

It's under sole trader but what if I register it as limited and remove myself off the name, if possible.

The business doesn't involve just me anymore so it is wrong that the name is prevented from selling when that name or business has done nothing wrong apart from be associated to my name.

Shall I ring eBay and explain this, ask what I can do and say how can I get this Account 2 to be used as it is a business.

Thanks!!

rsot 08-02-2012 06:22 AM

Accounts are linked basically is what you are saying. You need to go STEALTH pronto and have back up plans for accounts that are UNLINKED.

Do not call eB - unless you can risk your 2nd account going down right away. Chances are good your explanations = worthless.

they_screwed_me_too 08-02-2012 07:03 AM

ive had similar experiences

id sell on the second account without a thought about it

as rsot correctly says id get some stealths up and runniing as back up

but hell why not use the account

i think that they would have toasted the second account when the first one went if it was linked (obviously it is linked)

but at this stage perhaps only a manual review would notice it IMHO

hotpink 08-02-2012 10:34 AM

They do know the accounts are linked as when I appealed the Account 1 selling suspension, I put forwards all the Account 2 selling history and feedback to prove I wasn't a risk to the community, quite the opposite.

So I don't think I have anything to lose in speaking to them?

Would it be best to speak to them and say we need the other business account. Or risk going ahead and just starting selling on it?

Thanks!

NoneOther 08-02-2012 10:45 AM

Start selling on it. It is worth the risk, it could run for a few days, maybe weeks or even months. or maybe forever, who knows

Do not speak to them.

There is nothing to gain from this as under their rules you are not allowed to operate any e/b accounts if you have previously been banned and will only lead to the second account going down fairly quickly

they_screwed_me_too 08-02-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 364870)
Start selling on it. It is worth the risk, it could run for a few days, maybe weeks or even months. or maybe forever, who knows

Do not speak to them.

There is nothing to gain from this as under their rules you are not allowed to operate any e/b accounts if you have previously been banned and will only lead to the second account going down fairly quickly

right on the money