eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Suspended from all my ebay, paypal accounts! Friends account??, (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/55335-suspended-all-my-ebay-paypal-accounts-friends-account.html)

jonahhexlives 01-13-2013 01:02 PM

Suspended from all my ebay, paypal accounts! Friends account??,

I recently had my account limited by ebay and paypal. An account that I had used for several years and had perfect feedback. It was linked to a paypal account that was in arrears. I also had other ebay and paypal accounts all registered to me that they limited as well. I think they linked all the accounts and systematically shut them one by one. I am assuming it was all linked to that one paypal account as the rest were in good standing. Not sure if they link via IP address or how they do it.
I have a friend who has offered me thier ebay and paypal account so it wont be linked to me at all. Thats ebay and paypal, different address, different everything, different seller for all intensive purposes. My friends account is also in perfect standing as both a buyer and seller.
My main question for the time being is can I, or should I list using this new account from my home computer. I also have a phone I can list from that has never been used for any ebay at all. Would ebay see my ip addresss and shut this account as well? What are the implications. Any advice would really be helpfull. Thanks

smokescreen 01-15-2013 10:53 AM

Do the following to make sure they arent linked:
-Get a new IP address, use a site like ipchicken.com to verify change of IP address
-Make sure you clear ALL cookies (including flash cookies), ccleaner is great to ensure that all the cookies are gone, I usually run it twice to make sure
-Do NOT use your old ebay templates and photo URLs, create new templates and upload the photos to a different URL (not relevant if you use ebay for image hosting), preferably use a new image of the product

bruceuk 01-15-2013 11:19 AM

The best advice anyone can give you before you go any further and kill more accounts is to buy the stealth guide.
Once you have read it all will become clear on what you need to be doing and obviously what you dont need to be doing. (You may need to read 3 or 4 times)
Then you will have questions (Why the forum exists).
There is good points to having accounts given but also bad points but until you understand the basics a little better i would not go any further .

mista_khan 01-15-2013 11:21 AM

agree with smokescreen, they do pick up on same templates and photos so i take like 12 photos of the same item and put 3 on each of my four accounts

hazy 01-15-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mista_khan (Post 410840)
agree with smokescreen, they do pick up on same templates and photos so i take like 12 photos of the same item and put 3 on each of my four accounts

I do the same thing just to be safe... But its a pain in the a**! Tons of pics

Speeder33 01-15-2013 01:26 PM

taking pics is no big deal, just have a folder with them and rename them the ebay username to keep track of them

mista_khan 01-15-2013 05:36 PM

pain in the ass no matter how u do it lol

rsot 01-15-2013 11:50 PM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you read around

reeve63 01-16-2013 05:02 PM

Hi, I have read all replies to this post and need to clarify something. I now have my new stealth account up and running and have 2 items listed, my question is this.... I hand make my products and I do have around 6 items that i had on ebay befroe that were my top sellers, i assumed i would no longer be able to list them as they are unique to me and thought ebay would see them....
Are you all saying that if i take different pics of them i can relist these items, whar about the tiltle i use .... where do i stand

Gail

NoneOther 01-16-2013 05:36 PM

If they are truly unique then you could run in to problems listing them again on any accounts regardless of how you photograph or describe them.