eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   The Future Of Selling Limits (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/57534-future-selling-limits.html)

Restriction 03-07-2013 08:38 PM

The Future Of Selling Limits

Okay guys, i wanted to ask everyone, where you see new accounts in the future being him with seller limits. At the moment most people even novices see 10 item/£650 just plain not useful due to the amount one single item can cost.

What i dont understand, is the fact that Ebay is just hellbent on driving away seasoned veterans that have brought in millions and replace them with buyers that will pull in 1/10000 of what a seasoned sellers group brings in.

At the same time, they are tryna keep us on the straight and narrow with good human being customer service rules but at the same time being dictated by a computer alogrithim (indefinite seller restrictions, limits, e.t.c.)

Everyday the more i speak to an ebay agent, the more i feel that they are computers that cant actually do anything to help

So im asking everyone, do you think seller limits are going to increase or decrease for new accounts in the future...cause its beginning to seem that one day we might wake up and find that we are resricted to selling 1 item or £10 a day!

GhostWhoWalks 03-08-2013 02:16 AM

Seller limits are only put so that some noob or someone selling phakes doesn't come on ebay and sell a bunch of items and ships nothing and runs off with the money!

When scammers, thieves, find a way to make money and get away they have to upgrade their systems. Either play by their rules or get out. Simple as that.

If you post 100 items for $500 laptops and sell it all in 5 days and get the money and run off and leaves 100 people out of laptops. How will this look on ebay that a customer came on there spent $500 and got nothing? So 21 day hold protects this. IF you are selling real items you have nothing to worry about. If you are selling knock offs then you got problems to worry about.

This is very dumb/lame asking why they do it and so forth.

If you sell tea cups, or tea on ebay for 2 or 4 months. Do you think your items are at risk? No you are dealing with tea only so sure you can do better with more without limits.

You got to prove to them you are real, not selling bad things on ebay. or have them worry about you to babysit that you are going to run off with peoples money.

Do you see yourself buying a laptop on ebay and within 21 days you got NOTHING from it? What would you do and how would you feel? I believe if your on the other side you would believe they are doing the right thing! I had no limits, then limits then no limits. 21 day limit to me, is fine I don't care for it. I got $7.8 million worth of items posted up on ebay. Do I care for 21 day hold? Nope doesn't bug me at all. Why did I get it? Maybe to many rufunds in a short time or who knows low DRS due to Walmart 85 IQ customers or just a bad snow storm up in Michigan with a lot of people who complain on shipping who are stupid not to know or read ebays message about delay in shipping. And ebay not seeing it. A million reasons. If I don't like it I have an option. Get a credit card processing feature + website + my own traffic = I am on my own!

Any more questions?

Sell high risk items that can be knock offs = limited!!! You won't last long people selling these things on ebay, are not business men/women to me they are losers!!! They can't find a way to becoming a real business person!

Selling low risk items, your own brand = you'll go far and have no limits and no worries about anything!

There is a tiny percentage of people who fall into the high risk and get limit etc.

If you don't like the limits then you are in the right place, open up stealths.

1 stealth = 10 items /650 pounds
20 stealths = 200 items /20,000 pounds.

You are not limited anymore! If you can see this clearly.

stanislav 03-08-2013 09:46 PM

Just wanted to say, fantastic post , GhostWhoWalks !

Sandy D 03-08-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks (Post 429383)
Seller limits are only put so that some noob or someone selling phakes doesn't come on ebay and sell a bunch of items and ships nothing and runs off with the money!

When scammers, thieves, find a way to make money and get away they have to upgrade their systems. Either play by their rules or get out. Simple as that.

If you post 100 items for $500 laptops and sell it all in 5 days and get the money and run off and leaves 100 people out of laptops. How will this look on ebay that a customer came on there spent $500 and got nothing? So 21 day hold protects this. IF you are selling real items you have nothing to worry about. If you are selling knock offs then you got problems to worry about.

If you don't like the limits then you are in the right place, open up stealths.

1 stealth = 10 items /650 pounds
20 stealths = 200 items /20,000 pounds.

You are not limited anymore! If you can see this clearly.

I have been telling people to spread their sales out over as many accounts as they can operate for a long time now. I do this myself and it not only pays off short term but builds accounts for the future.

Having a mix of aged and new accounts going then gives you flexibility. For example if you sell an item in a category that limits your listings then why not list more on other accounts?

Selling limits does to stop me from selling 1000s of items per month.

You just have to be smart about it and find a solution.

Which we have already established here.

corleone 03-09-2013 01:36 PM

Selling limits are actually helpful in that they help guide me to the amounts that I should be selling on each account anyway's. I tend to get carried away at times, and with the selling limits it keeps me in check. Last thing I want is to blow up with sales and have paypal after me for my SSN.

Selling on as many accounts as you can has benefits. You're still bringing in the money, and spreading the risk out much better.

Sandy D 03-09-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 429867)
Selling limits are actually helpful in that they help guide me to the amounts that I should be selling on each account anyway's. I tend to get carried away at times, and with the selling limits it keeps me in check. Last thing I want is to blow up with sales and have paypal after me for my SSN.

Selling on as many accounts as you can has benefits. You're still bringing in the money, and spreading the risk out much better.

There you go! Dead on correct.

Some people dont like the 10/1000 but I can tell you 3 months ago I started selling on several 10/1000 myself and can tell you most of them have been raised nicely after 90 days.

One that comes to mind went from 10/1000 to 100/3000 and another 150/5000. Most will have to leave those high limits sit after 2 months which is silly to do while I dont have to let any account sit.

Spreading sales has HUGE BENEFITS, selling on high limit accounts has far MORE RISK then people understand.

GhostWhoWalks 03-09-2013 03:42 PM

I am thinking about having 1,000 stealth accounts. But OMG! The work to do this. I can use my profits. As it only takes $27.63 for me to open up a stealth account now days. Later on $20.80. I would spend a lot of money on doing so!

It really requires pro work to be done on a higher then stealth level then most people.

Man I would need the most amount of RAM on a computer, I think an apple computer worth $100k should be fine with 64GB RAM! :) All those emails linked on one program. :) You get a notification, you know where to go to work at! :pound:

+150 websites! I GOT DREAMS!!!!! BIG GOALS!!! Having a large crew doing sales for me! Paid on commission! :D

Oh so nice to dream eh?

joesshooze 03-12-2013 06:42 PM

That was only part of

[QUOTE=corleone;429867]Selling limits are actually helpful in that they help guide me to the amounts that I should be selling on each account anyway's. I tend to get carried away at times, and with the selling limits it keeps me in check. Last thing I want is to blow up with sales and have paypal after me for my SSN.

my downfall Don C. Gotta take it slow this time. Not get too greedy. Even at my lo level.

rsot 03-13-2013 05:01 AM

Very simple to spread sales over many accounts - yes, takes time and dedication. Sandy_D is big on this - I do it too but not to super extent. Limits can go up with diligent work

Stigger 03-13-2013 06:18 AM

alot of intresting oppinions but did anyone actually answer the OP's quiestion....

To the OP.
i think they will stay at about what they are now becuase they have a staggered set up that can be changed as and when they see fit.