IP address always can be traced back to your EXACT location - but only with a warrant - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-24-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default IP address always can be traced back to your EXACT location - but only with a warrant

I have been advised today by BT Broadband tech support that your IP does not give your location away . To be able to find your location a third party has to apply to BT for that information . under the privacy laws that information is not give out to the business community . only in extreme cases to the police and government agencies. The IP in the united kingdom is only tracked to the server in Basildon covering the south east. all connections go to there.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

Possible work round for positive clearing of flash objects or as some call them here flash cookies. go to macromedia website and download uninstall tool for flash player. This special uninstall tool will remove properly the whole software. To be sure i went to search in win xp. and found all traces of fragements. deleted them. run ccleaner or spybot. reboot. then download a clean install of flash player, That should get rid of past ebay flash objects, start a fresh. i guess its not much good if your running a lot of accounts though.

there is a FAQ page there that shows how to avoid objects being left on your pc too.
Old 08-30-2008

Longevity: 93%

IP addresses point to the general vicinity of your residence depending on your service provider, some of the IP's that have been assigned to me over the years have pointed to my exact location and some have pointed to locations over 100 miles away, this is not the issue and the reason why IP addresses need to be changed for different ebay and paypal accounts.

The solution to removing flash objects from your computer is an easy one, but the real issue is, what hoops ebay will make you jump through once it cannot see those flash objects, there is talk of instant suspensions until you can verify your identity and even random phone calls, so deleting your flash objects is not the solution, creating different windows users for different ebay accounts is.
Old 08-31-2008

Longevity: 98%

Both those sites trace my IP wrong. the first says new york and the other california. This is largely because my current ISP rents the IP addresses from others and then a lot of times they geotarget wrong, often with the wrong geotargetting even in the reverse DNS giving a city in another state.