eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Reactivating a Limited eBay Account - Please Check My Letter? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/62449-reactivating-limited-ebay-account-please-check-my-letter.html)

jsward1976 07-24-2013 10:29 AM

Reactivating a Limited eBay Account - Please Check My Letter?

Hi all, it’s been a while since I have been on here as I have been happily using a stealth account with no limits for a while now and it’s now a Silver PS with all Seller Dashboard areas green and no problems of note.

However the reason I had to switch accounts to this new account was because my DSR rating for 'item as described' went over 1% for a few months and they limited my old account.

With my new account I have addressed all the problems that caused the low DSR's after rewriting all the listings and using a new strategy and approach to selling and am now am confident I won’t make the same mistakes and will be able to carry in a successful manner with this account now.

However I want to reactivate the old eBay account to have a backup without any limits as well, so I can sell on it again. It now has no negative feedback or low DSR's, and all Seller Dashboard areas are green again.

So I want to send off an email to eBay asking if I can list with the account again now everything has cleared on there, but wanted to check what I should put into the email with forum members before I send it.

I will mention the following points in the email.

1. I am very sorry the account went into limitation, but with a new approach and with your approval I would like to try out my new methods for listing my products again on eBay.

2. I have definitely learned my lessons from my past experience on eBay and have reviewed everything and the reasons the account failed and I now know where I went wrong last time.

3. I have therefore worked hard on a brand new strategy and approach which I am sure will work a lot better, involving listing the items in a different way than before. The new approach should stop me getting any low DSR's that caused the problems before with the account.

4. I also have rewritten all the listings with a lot more detailed information for all buyers, to again help eliminate the possibility of picking up any low DSR's, which should mean the account should now be a success.

Is there anything else I need to be saying to them to ensure that they will take the limit off the account and allow me to sell with it again?

Thanks

Ebayorbust 07-24-2013 10:42 AM

You would probably increase your chance of being successful by phoning instead of emailing. Emails can easily get ignored / deleted. Far harder to turn down a person at the other end of the phone than to send a generic "piss off" email.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

GreenBean 07-24-2013 06:38 PM

Emails are often ignored.

That becomes frustrating for you, the sender.

Do a draft of what you posted.

Make a phone call and sell yourself. Get the name of the staffer too.

Should they agree to your request, email them too. Make it look like you are being a professional.

Good Luck

:thumb:

rsot 07-25-2013 11:25 AM

Good luck on the call OP - if the agent is being rude or not letting you explain your story, some people have indicated that calling back in right after the call to another agent who is more attentive has helped their cause.