eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Achieving new Extremes of ebay gross silliness (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/63275-achieving-new-extremes-ebay-gross-silliness.html)

northwestshop 08-14-2013 10:19 AM

Achieving new Extremes of ebay gross silliness

So, I just have to share this with you all - this story is quite simply incredible.
I always have two or three ebay and paypal accounts on the go and I am an old hand at proxy servers, IP address and even MachineID manipulation but this takles the biscuit.

So - about six weeks ago my Mother in Law gets a new cooker. The old cooker was quite nice and the delivery guys wouldmn't take it because she had not "paid the extra". So, as I quite like my mother in Law I offered to sell it for her. Because this was absolutely no big deal, a cooker - what could go wrong?
So the auction ran for the full week on MY OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT (nothing could go wrong - right?) This account I have had 12+ years, over 1000+ positive feedback NEVER a negative and it is synched with my genuine Paypal account all verified AND with the Paypal Mastercard - all very legit and above board.

So the auction ends and the stove, dammit £300+ Holy Smokes. So the guy has to organise a van, fair enough, so he pays me in full via Paypal (there is a lesson here for Cash on Collection).
A week later he collects the cooker.

He opens a dispute - claims the stove is COUNTERFEIT!

Paypal grab the cash back and freeze my account (okay, ebay grabs the cash back, does it matter?) - so then I try to get the cooker back.
Oh boy. He then claims he has returned it. To the address in which I first opened the ebay account twelve years ago and is a mere 200 miles away from where I now live - and have lived for ten years - YES i changed my address on the account. So I try to contact the new owners of my old house. You can imagine the conversation - "sorry to bother you, you dfon't know me - do you have my cooker?"

The bottom line?

My Paypal account is now £250+ in a negative and ebay closed my account and I really did not become abusive on the telephone at any time. And when I asked for the UK address of ebays legal department was told it is in Dublin Ireland and I pointed out that Dublin is NOT in the UK - it doesn't seem to matter.

A lesson for you all there.

GreenBean 08-16-2013 06:41 AM

I must ask htfudge a stove could be considered counterfeit?

Does not surprise me given the IQ of............ ( fill in the blanks).

I can tell by your post, the staff did the 'read from the script' to talk to this seller trick.

:mad:

JamesNorth101 08-16-2013 06:50 AM

Phake cooker. Not ever seen that before.

Shows the major dangers of people paying on PP and then collecting.

Have your other accounts been effected or are they totally link free?

Ebayorbust 08-16-2013 06:58 AM

It really is amazing some of the fairy stories that people "cook" up.

Hope you are able to get matters sorted.

tmastermind 08-16-2013 08:36 AM

how did the buyer who scammed you know of your old address when you had changed it in ebay/pp?...or am I missing something?

northwestshop 08-16-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmastermind (Post 477755)
how did the buyer who scammed you know of your old address when you had changed it in ebay/pp?...or am I missing something?

Well the whole thing stinks. All he would have seen is the confirmed address in my paypal account - which was linked to my ebay account (nothing to hide - right?) and the address he used to collect the item from.
The only way he got that address was from ebay.
As I am not about to call them up and subject them to twenty questions, which they wouldn't answer anyway, we will probably never know.
I do know this though - I will never pay much - if anything - in ebay fees ever again. It is right back how it was in the early days, like the wild west!

tmastermind 08-16-2013 12:29 PM

You right mate but dont suffer in silence, as you said this is your legit personal account with hardly any negatives plus a story of a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cooker is beyond me, defo get in touch with ebay, they might be able to reverse the hold or at least stop this guy from doing the same again. There should be nothing to fear as this isn't one of your stealth accounts and you're done nothing wrong.

rsot 08-16-2013 03:53 PM

Very odd that the buyer had access to your old address on eB...dont follow it.

AuctionsDenied 08-16-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northwestshop (Post 477140)

Paypal grab the cash back and freeze my account (okay, ebay grabs the cash back, does it matter?) - so then I try to get the cooker back.
Oh boy. He then claims he has returned it. To the address in which I first opened the ebay account twelve years ago and is a mere 200 miles away from where I now live - and have lived for ten years - YES i changed my address on the account. So I try to contact the new owners of my old house. You can imagine the conversation - "sorry to bother you, you dfon't know me - do you have my cooker?"

The bottom line?

My Paypal account is now £250+ in a negative and ebay closed my account and I really did not become abusive on the telephone at any time. And when I asked for the UK address of ebays legal department was told it is in Dublin Ireland and I pointed out that Dublin is NOT in the UK - it doesn't seem to matter.

A lesson for you all there.

Did you change your address on both your PP and EB accounts?
Strange about getting old address.

Since everything on your account was on the up, you should go ahead and try to get it back.
After all you were the one scammed.