eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Changing the paypal on an old ebay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/64190-changing-paypal-old-ebay-account.html)

Batmantrippin 09-04-2013 07:44 AM

Changing the paypal on an old ebay account

Hi, I have recently stupidly managed to get my real name and address banned from ebay, after trying to save it for about a year with always using stealth accounts.

My dad has a nice ebay account, registered with a different address, was created in 1999, 200+ feedback, 100% and selling limits of 100 items a month. I have previously done stuff that ebay might consider slightly dodgy and where negative feedback was more of an issue. Now I have a business I want to run that is completely above board so being a real person as far as ebay and paypal is concerned would be nice.

So I was thinking of using my dad's account, but it would be ideal if I could change the paypal to a new one (would be a stealth paypal with different name and address to that of ebay) so that money was going to my bank account.

How much would this flag up to ebay and is it worth taking any risk at all?

Any advice would be great!

GreenBean 09-04-2013 07:47 AM

Guess you do not like your Dad too much?

:pout:

JamesNorth101 09-04-2013 07:48 AM

Poor Dad. This would get this account 14 year old accounts locked down eventually.

Better to start from scratch

Batmantrippin 09-04-2013 07:52 AM

Maybe I need to add that I'm not stealing this account? He is happy to let me use it for my business.

Batmantrippin 09-04-2013 08:07 AM

Guessing changing the paypal is too risky anyway, I know how bad ebay can be for suspensions.
It's possible to just run the business through him and his account anyway and that keeps everything completely legit, no ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, addresses, documents.
At least then ebay might be off my back for at least a little while

JamesNorth101 09-04-2013 08:08 AM

It really is better to simply start from scratch. Do you really want to risk getting your dads info banned?

GreenBean 09-04-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmantrippin (Post 482741)
Guessing changing the paypal is too risky anyway, I know how bad ebay can be for suspensions.
It's possible to just run the business through him and his account anyway and that keeps everything completely legit, no ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, addresses, documents.
At least then ebay might be off my back for at least a little while

What are you doing to have ebay on your back?

Sounds like you are going to repeat the same stuff again....

Bad move to kill your dad's account.

:nono:

Batmantrippin 09-04-2013 08:14 AM

I didn't mean ebay are hounding me down! Everything being sold on the new account is absolutely fine, no risk of ebay having a fit about it.

Plus I don't see how it would kill my dad's account? Since there will be no link to me? It's just as if he started selling the items I happen to be selling on his account. I don't see how that is dodgy?

Plus let's say worst case is my dad's account gets suspended for selling perfectly reasonable things, we've lost an account that is occasionally used to sell second hand stuff and buy every so often.

I will be making new stealth accounts, just thought the best option would be to actually not pretend to be someone else and do everything perfectly legally.

JamesNorth101 09-04-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmantrippin (Post 482745)
It's just as if he started selling the items I happen to be selling on his account. I don't see how that is dodgy?

Really, that does not seem even a bit off to you? eBay may think otherwise.
Are you also 100% that you dads account is not already linked to your old account? Only takes logging in from the same IP, or another other small bit of info being the same.

Quote:

Plus let's say worst case is my dad's account gets suspended for selling perfectly reasonable things, we've lost an account that is occasionally used to sell second hand stuff and buy every so often.

I know my dad would be pretty annoyed about never being able to use eBay again, even if it is just for 1 off items now and again.

Quote:

I will be making new stealth accounts, just thought the best option would be to actually not pretend to be someone else and do everything perfectly legally.

Really is better to just start from scratch.

Batmantrippin 09-04-2013 08:21 AM

Thread has completely lost it's point now anyway. I'll take your advice and won't be changing any paypal details.

Thanks for your help.

GreenBean 09-04-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmantrippin (Post 482748)
Thread has completely lost it's point now anyway. I'll take your advice and won't be changing any paypal details.

Thanks for your help.

There is often a different point with threads....

We try to help give advice that will work to the best for a user.

Sorry to say sometimes the replies are not what users want to hear.

But it is better than losing an account.

:peace: