eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Ebay suspended but not paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/69690-ebay-suspended-but-not-paypal.html)

AJ. 01-27-2014 02:33 PM

Ebay suspended but not paypal

I have an ebay account that I've used for years, not one single negative feedback. My attached paypal account recently got permanently limited out of the blue with no reason given, I don't really sell anything either and definitely haven't done anything wrong so that sucks.

I understand that making a new paypal account and using it on my current ebay account could cause both accounts to get limited but my question is that if I paid for items with my other debit card (different to the one attached to my paypal) would that info be kept forever and cause links for any future paypal account with that debit card.

Basically, would using a new debit card on an ebay account that has previously had a limited paypal account cause any future paypal account made with that debit card to get limited?

Thanks!

rsot 01-27-2014 03:31 PM

Re: Paypal limited, but eBay Poweseller not

- simple answer: YES, link would be set up and POTENTIAL for link problems...you cant use old ANYTHING for future pp account

GreenBean 01-27-2014 05:21 PM

Re: Ebay suspended but not paypal

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ. (Post 523491)

Basically, would using a new debit card on an ebay account that has previously had a limited paypal account cause any future paypal account made with that debit card to get limited?

Thanks!

paypal always have a reason for limiting an account.

Sadly the seller may not undrstand the reason.

We never recommend making a new paypal account and attaching it to an ebay where there is an already limited paypal.

The idea would not work long term.

E B A Y 01-29-2014 04:43 AM

yes it will

you have to be really careful where cards are concerned, ON and OFF ebay.

for example.

you might use this card now on a website to puchase something and the website uses PP to process the transaction without any visible sign that the website is actually using PP , 6 months time create a PP account and try add the card and BAM your toast.

1 rule of thumb is , every PP and EBY Setup should have everything new, name, DOB, address, phone number, bank acc, CC, listing descriptions and photos, windows install, sure you can cut some corners and try different things but only once you know the ropes.

AJ. 01-31-2014 09:38 AM

OK thanks a lot! I thought that was the case but wanted to know for sure. I assume the same applies to the question below?

I make a new paypal account, everything completely changed from the the old account. This new account has an attached address that I don't have access to. I sign up and use an online retailer to buy goods, on this website I use my actual address which is the same address that was used on my previous paypal account. Would there be a link even though paypal is only being used for the funds, my address and personal information is all handled by the retailer?

Cheers.

AJ. 02-03-2014 08:36 AM

Bump. Can anyone help with that? I've searched but I can't find an explicit answer. Thanks.

NoneOther 02-03-2014 09:36 AM

Yes, there is still the potential of creating a link to your old info.

Where p/p are involved there is always danger.

There have been reports of people losing accounts after using 'independent' retailers sites where there was no obvious sign the p/p were the payment processors.

Always work on the assumption that p/p see every detail of a transaction.

If you were selling through your own website and using p/p to process payments you would understand why.

AJ. 02-03-2014 11:36 AM

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully I'll be able to repay it down the line when I've been around a while.