eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Multiple accounts: A Myth? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/7075-multiple-accounts-myth.html)

cortex 09-13-2008 06:23 PM

Multiple accounts: A Myth?

It seems to me there is a mass of conflicting theories and a convolution of tips and hints, some of which dates back to 2007 and is well out of date.
Lets try and keep this thread as *simple* as possible.

To have multiple ebay seller accounts, you need multiple verified paypal accounts. Thus, you need multiple physical bank accounts.
You also need multiple landline phone numbers. I tried a call box today and it didnt ring.

1.How does one obtain multiple bank accounts? Is it a case of going down the high street and filling out tonnes forms and waiting a week to recieve the card details + another week for verification from paypal?

2.How many accounts can I have with one bank branch which I can use for paypal verification?

3.Is there a UK equivalent of WaMu (online bank account)?

4.Is there a cheap/working way to circumvent the phone verification process such as an VOIP service? Phoneboxes dont work.

PS Please dont ask me to buy the book. Im using the forum, just like you are right now :) and lets try and keep the answers succint and straight to the point. It will be useful for future readers alike.

cheers,
Cortex

aspkin 09-13-2008 07:11 PM

Probably your best bet Cortex is to get one account going first before going through the 'mystical' multiple eBay accounts. To tell you the truth it'll be a lot harder for you since you're in the UK. The people in the US can open bank accounts online like nothing, have access to voip that work and are accepted by eBay and Paypal, use prepaid cards, etc etc. You on the other hand will have problems.

The solutions are out there, but like you said you're using the forum.

Good luck,

cortex 09-13-2008 07:20 PM

Lets hope we get some answers for UK users. Perhaps we could then add them to the existing e-book?

Quasi_Mojo 09-13-2008 07:39 PM

1) I really don't understand the problem of not being able to open multiple bank accounts in the UK. Can you not walk into any bank in the UK and open a new checking or savings account? True, it will be in your name, but I believe that there is some privacy law in the UK that states that the bank will not reveal the name on the account.

2) Refer to 1. Same name, different account numbers and "sort codes".

3) I don't think anyone has found an alternate in the UK. Have you tried Googling for info? You could be the first to find that alternate.

4) I have no idea if it will work, but you might want to try this: Using cellphone for ebay verification instead of landline? - Yahoo! Answers

I know that searching through all the sections of the forums and all the threads contained in the various sections seems a little daunting. Let me give you a little search tip to make things easier (I think it's easier, anyway). Try using Google to search for more in depth answers to your questions. Using Google to search the aspkin forum allows you to use all the nifty Google parameters like quotation marks, plus and minus signs, and the like.

For instance - Google search (using the site: parameter): site:aspkin.com +"virtual address" for just +selling
If, after you've done further searching, you still have some questions, we'll be happy to help you.

cortex 09-13-2008 07:52 PM

Nice posts guys.

1. Sure we can walk into any bank and open an account. But there are only 5 major banks here and im not sure they let you open multiple savings accounts under one name. a business account may be an option but it may require further funding.

3. Im a researcher by profession so sure, if i find some useful answers for my fellow commrades i'll be sure to post them here first.

4. Cell phone numbers definitely will not work with ebay seller accounts. Tried it a thousand times just like everybody else. Wont work. Period.

aspkin can we keep the thread open incase we do have someone with crystal-clear answers?
cheers
cortex

krazi 09-14-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortex (Post 58010)
Nice posts guys.

1. Sure we can walk into any bank and open an account. But there are only 5 major banks here and im not sure they let you open multiple savings accounts under one name. a business account may be an option but it may require further funding.

3. Im a researcher by profession so sure, if i find some useful answers for my fellow commrades i'll be sure to post them here first.

4. Cell phone numbers definitely will not work with ebay seller accounts. Tried it a thousand times just like everybody else. Wont work. Period.

aspkin can we keep the thread open incase we do have someone with crystal-clear answers?
cheers
cortex

hello mate you can open as many accounts you like in the uk. if you credit score is good you will not have a problem. you can even open another account with the same bank i just opened one with lloyds tsb online. there are plenty of places to open an account with especialy online.

I have also applied with smile.co.uk & cahoot.co.uk online. its always good to have a few spare for a rainy day :D

cortex 09-14-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazi (Post 58061)
hello mate you can open as many accounts you like in the uk. if you credit score is good you will not have a problem. you can even open another account with the same bank i just opened one with lloyds tsb online. there are plenty of places to open an account with especialy online.

I have also applied with smile.co.uk & cahoot.co.uk online. its always good to have a few spare for a rainy day :D

Ahh...you are the man!
Now we are getting some good answers! OK buddy, im gunna try it with LLoyds, Smile and Cahoot.
Feel free to post any other hints/tips/suggestions for UK sellers...im sure you know loads more some of us.
Thanks again!

Quasi_Mojo 09-14-2008 12:08 PM

cortex, I'm curious...
Did you go to the link I posted in point #4 up in Post #4? Did you try the method that was described there (i.e. input a real number of a business near you, it gives you an option to enter a cellphone and you enter it, after the account is created, go in and remove the real business landline from the account, leaving only the cell)?

cortex 09-14-2008 02:43 PM

Quasi_Mojo,

I looked at the link yeh, but I know for a fact that method wont work in sept 2008, already tried that.
However, I have succesfully managed to get round the problem of verifying ebay seller accounts via landline, setup and verified 2 seller accounts today. Thanks for the update though.

Only thing left to do is open up multiple physical bank accounts and get them verified on payapl and im set to sell again.

digitaliz 09-16-2008 06:38 AM

Cortex if you're not prepared to read or listen to what established members are saying then what is the point of asking a question.

Also you make the UK sound like some crappy third world country, we don't only have 5 major banks, there are more than 20, and it is easy to get a new bank account, and even if your credit score is crap, government legislation means that all banks have to provide at least a basic account to us, this basic account can also be used to verify paypal.

cortex 09-16-2008 06:54 AM

Digitaliz,
Does one become "established" within 5 months of subscribing to this forum?
Do you have an ebay account? When was the last time you sold something on ebay?

digitaliz 09-16-2008 07:03 AM

cortex one becomes establised by making useful posts, you on the other hand need to stop spamming the forums, you come across as immature and retarded.

Also no I don't have an ebay account and no I don't sell on ebay, I just like to sit here and pretend that I do, and I must be pretending real good as I'm having trouble keeping count of all the "pretend money", I make from ebay.

cortex 09-16-2008 08:23 AM

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

aspkin 09-16-2008 09:50 AM

Thread is off topic, Cortex please respect other members, we're all here to help.

Thread Closed.