Help. Customer from hell....... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Help. Customer from hell.......

In dire situations like this I would perhaps suggest a gift of a roundhouse kick to the face be delivered to the Buyer in order to calm the situation...

Just watch a few Chuck Norris scenes while rewriting your T&C's, this in no doubt will have you better prepared next time.

Last edited by Smus; 07-11-2014 at 06:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smus For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-11-2014), kittyamnezia (07-11-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-11-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
No seller protection? She paid cash and it's not the OP's responsibility to match someone's decor. I'd love to see someone pull this sh!t with me on Crai.gsL.ist.

Also, how does this person know where you work? If you told them that, that was one huge mistake. This is one of those people who are too stupid for their own good. Pull the listing down and tell them to fvck off.

No one can prove you sold it to her just like when I sell something to someone on CL. If they want to play games like that, they should've bought from a store with a return policy. Even then, a store would tell them to fvck off if they brought the product back damaged. Don't back down to this person if they truly damaged the product.

I have had the same thing. Lady keeps a teapot she bought for a month, then tells me it does not meet the description. When I asked why not she said the colors did not match her kitchen decor and therefore it is item not as described because my pictures were off color.

Total idiots.
Old 07-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Really? That's insane. You would know from day one if it matched or not, plus surely that's not our responsibility as sellers to be dealing with that crap. I know by law I'm not required to refund her, however to be left a negative because I'm just expressing my rights is a bit bolluuux :(
Old 07-11-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I have had the same thing. Lady keeps a teapot she bought for a month, then tells me it does not meet the description. When I asked why not she said the colors did not match her kitchen decor and therefore it is item not as described because my pictures were off color.

Total idiots.
had that before so had to add to the listings that item colours can vary on different monitors.

I did not mind the idiots before ebay started messing around, as sometimes you knew they were taking the urine but it did not seem to matter too much. And the messages between us were often funny rather than threatening as they are now.
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
had that before so had to add to the listings that item colours can vary on different monitors.
This is 100% true and no one thinks about this. I have a handful of cheap monitors and high-end monitors. Colors can look vastly different, especially if contrast, brightness and backlit have never been set properly.

But, in Sandy D's case, holding an item for a month and then realizing it's not the color you want is just being a cheap a$$hole.

But, hey, I still get chargebacks for $20-$30 items 2-3 months after people paid with absolutely no contact from the customers, even when I attempt to make contact with them. What cheap worthless piece of crap of a human being decides they need a measely $20 back after months of having the item?
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
What cheap worthless piece of crap of a human being decides they need a measely $20 back after months of having the item?
Oh, do you know my sister-in-law???????????????

Can you imagine my HORROR when that girl dog made a BIN on an item of mine.

That item was out of stock so darn quickly.

She had asked me once about how to return an item which failed her litmus test. Luckily I educated her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-11-2014), Sausage (07-11-2014), Smus (07-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

I'm lost GB.
Old 07-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm lost GB.
The relative tries to get refunds long after any expiry date

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (07-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
Oh yes they can be bothered to read your messages.
I had a negative and an INR case removed yesterday even though the item had not been received by the buyer, the customer support rep read through the correspondance I had had with the buyer and that was the deciding factor.
Fair enough, but I mean't unless the buyer specifically asked them too, and someone that stupid surely wouldn't think rationally. Those kind of people just resort to threats and shouting. Perhaps they always look without being told, i'm not sure. I just wrote that based on eBay and Paypal siding with the buyers 99.99% of the time, but perhaps sometimes they actually do their job.

I think you can either take the negative (not 100% you'll get it, but very likely. I once had a buyer who was shouting in caps lock and spamming !! and threatening to do all sorts of things, and then never even left me feedback). One negative isn't going to effect you too much for buyers, or for eBay, unless you have a low feedback score. If you have 100s or 1000s, one negative won't make much of a difference.

You could contact the buyer outside of eBay, and take a loss and agree to give a refund provided you get it back, then get it cleaned and resell for a lower price. It depends how bad getting a negative is for you. On eBay you just never know. I once had someone leave a negative because they never got the item (lost in the post I guess). They never contacted me to say this, and never opened any cases. I even contacted them after the negative to offer a refund, but they never replied. It didn't look like a competitor either as they had 80+ feedback.
Old 07-12-2014

Depends on what you sell on how much the feedback hurts you in most cases.

For the penny profit items it probably will not make a difference as they sell so many but when the person sells higher end items then each sale makes the profit so they do not need to sell as much and do not sell enough for DSR's then the one neg can hurt.
If the op is in this situation then I hope they have other accounts to allow this one to cool off

When this all started with the FB changes, the only person I know of that could not work out a way around it sold things like boats, muscle cars and even sold an aircraft (And yes I seen the listing.)

The problem is each buyer can hit you so many times just for one item.

Case against you (defence) Bend over and take it
Negative Feedback (defence)(Response) Does not help with ebay but eases other buyers (Move on to new account and let it cool off)
Any or all of your DSR's (defence)(???) You do not even know who hit them (if it is not possible to fix problem when they drop move onto another account)

But back to topic for the Op and the case they opened against them has me puzzled, as what resolution can there be if they have already been refunded?
I would be wording my response carefully to that one

Last edited by isitworththestress; 07-12-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

people give negs anyway even when refunded, happens all the time...

it has to be delivered back to you in cleaned condition, or you knock off an amount for cleaning it.

work address is never to be given out.

people like this can intimidate you in to refunding, this is the issue with pick up items, your addresses are sacred, they are worth more than business is, you are possibly better having it delivered and adding it to price. Then if they want a refund, you can go and inspect it or ask for detailed photos of it, and send a van over to pick it up...and remove that from the refund.

...keep yourself, your family and work right out of the picture.....
Old 07-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
people give negs anyway even when refunded, happens all the time...

it has to be delivered back to you in cleaned condition, or you knock off an amount for cleaning it.

work address is never to be given out.

people like this can intimidate you in to refunding, this is the issue with pick up items, your addresses are sacred, they are worth more than business is, you are possibly better having it delivered and adding it to price. Then if they want a refund, you can go and inspect it or ask for detailed photos of it, and send a van over to pick it up...and remove that from the refund.

...keep yourself, your family and work right out of the picture.....
There's regulations stating a business has to show their address. Can't recall how it is worded but I know it has to be an address you operate out of so some sellers will have no choice.

Adding the price of delivery would possibly price them out of the market place.

For some people trading on ebay, expansion out of ebay is often the better direction.
Old 07-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Just as an update, she's now using the fire safety regulations as an unfit for purpose claim. The sofa had a certificate on it when it left, and what's worse, is we buy from auction houses that have to sell items that are fire safety tested to comply by law. She's threatening trading standards and the works. F****ing b****
Old 07-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Ok, she has definitely done this before then. She d@mn well knows she is fvcking with you. Who knows how many people she has taken advantage of.
Old 07-14-2014
Threadstarter  

It makes me so angry I've wasted 5 days over this bull. She hasn't escalated the case yet, has told me to await further correspondence.
Thing is. The sofa is 1939, no regs needed. It's had a couple of cushions redone, but it's still damn old. She should know it doesn't apply. *bashes head on the wall*
Old 07-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyamnezia View Post
It makes me so angry I've wasted 5 days over this bull. She hasn't escalated the case yet, has told me to await further correspondence.
Thing is. The sofa is 1939, no regs needed. It's had a couple of cushions redone, but it's still damn old. She should know it doesn't apply. *bashes head on the wall*
I remember a few years ago we were selling some vintage goods as we got a line on a whole heap of stock and had to add in the listings that these items may not be fit for purpose, as they did not fit modern standards so she probably knew this but she is using the fact that most people don't.
They still sold.

But what is she expecting to happen if she has been refunded and no one was actually hurt using the item?

Have you asked them what they actually expect or want out of this?

I just don't see what else you are expected to do after they have been refunded.

But if the auction will not supply items that do not meet regulations, which is a new one on me, as most auctions will sell anything. Maybe you should have a word with them and ask them how they assess the product.
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

She hasn't been refunded, I don't intend to refund her at all. The auction house is an antiques dealer during the week and they throw out things that don't meet the regs. I know this because I nearly screamed once seeing all of this stunning 60's furniture being thrown in the skip, took a piece and put it in my house lol
Old 07-15-2014

Our local auctions would just sell it, with the buyer beware mentality.

But interesting to see how that one goes, as being right is not enough where ebay are concerned.

What condition was the thing in when it was returned?
have you mentioned it was returned in the case, as i am sure they have?
Old 07-23-2014

Longevity: 56%

Ive had a similar problem before now with a buyer.

I actually sat down, and wrote out an email describing exactly what has gone on inthe most basic points.

1, you bought a sofa, removed it in a dirty van and took it away for ?? days

2, you threatened this, your threatened that

3, fire regulations do not matter pre 1939

blah blah, literally describing EVERYTHING that had gone on. All you policies, and how ahat has happened counteracts that. Use consumer act and distance selling points if need be.

When my buyer got this email, one backed down and said 'i understand' the second i talked to ebay about and they read the messages and cancelled the dispute.

Sometimes, just sometimes eBay can be helpful. But as we know, it is so rare, you are more likely to see five shooting stars tonight.
Old 07-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Rough to hear about the situation wired :( sucks but keep on with the better sales
Old 07-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I
Sometimes, just sometimes eBay can be helpful. But as we know, it is so rare, you are more likely to see five shooting stars tonight.
I see them all the time.

Old 07-23-2014
Executive [VIP]