eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   UK Bank Accounts for Verifying Paypal Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/7577-uk-bank-accounts-verifying-paypal-account.html)

johnnyleeds 10-13-2008 03:29 PM

UK Bank Accounts for Verifying Paypal Account

Hello

This is my first post on these forums, hello everyone! I am in the typically suspended from eBay / Paypal for the umpteenth time situation, as I guess a lot of folks using these forums are. I'm a bit bewildered by the amount of information / advice on opening new accounts, particularly when having to be creative about my identity.

From what I can gather it appears that it is still possible to open a bank account in my own name that will have a new account number and sort code that I can use with my 'bogus' name for the purpose of verifying my new paypal account - is this correct?

Also can anyone in the UK advise me as to which UK banks can provide multiple accounts to an individual, preferably accounts which can be managed online.

Any advice is gratefully received!

Cheers!

Johnny

kasabian 10-14-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 61743)
Hello

From what I can gather it appears that it is still possible to open a bank account in my own name that will have a new account number and sort code that I can use with my 'bogus' name for the purpose of verifying my new paypal account - is this correct?

CORRECT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 61743)
Also can anyone in the UK advise me as to which UK banks can provide multiple accounts to an individual, preferably accounts which can be managed online.

I don't know about "multiple accounts" but as far as I can see, any bank where you have a CURRENT account, you can open up a SAVINGS account very easily. Your sort code will be the same, but you will have a new account number for the savings account, which you can then use on paypal.

I've done this twice in the past week. I have a current account with HSBC and with BARCLAYS. Both those current accounts have been used and banned by paypal.

I went into my Barclays branch, and said I would like to open a savings account. They literally did this straight away, while I was there. I left the store with an account number, which I went home and used on paypal immediately. All sorted. Paypal is up and running.

HSBC was even easier. I've got online banking with them. I logged in, and it let me open a savings account at the click of a button. I was amazed at how easy it was. Account number was issued straight away.

johnnyleeds 10-14-2008 02:17 PM

Thanks for the info Kasabian!

citypark 10-15-2008 07:16 PM

After you can open new paypal account. Paypal will limit your activity (limit of £1,700 received money per year). Then they will ask you to provide the prove of address, Photo id and so on... with your bogus name and address, how can you do this step?

ebayalien 10-18-2008 09:19 AM

Money

Quote:

Originally Posted by citypark (Post 62003)
After you can open new paypal account. Paypal will limit your activity (limit of £1,700 received money per year). Then they will ask you to provide the prove of address, Photo id and so on... with your bogus name and address, how can you do this step?

Is it worth making new account then as I would go beyond this sum of money probably way beyond it.

bobtol 12-13-2008 03:27 PM

Paypal asking for photo i.d

Hi
Surley this is not the case. I was and have never been asked to provide Phto i.d when i have opened an account with paypal. Might have changed recently but didn't think so. Anyone know if this is the case.

GreenBean 12-13-2008 05:42 PM

bobtol, No,not when you open the paypal account. When paypal limits an account then the request is made to supply information including photo ID. They send a 'To Do List';)

GREMLIN 12-14-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasabian (Post 61819)

HSBC was even easier. I've got online banking with them. I logged in, and it let me open a savings account at the click of a button. I was amazed at how easy it was. Account number was issued straight away.

Yes your correct. Hsbc savers is very easy however i tried using it to verify a paypal account. I got passed the penny deposites and verified the account. 2-3 days later got an email saying that the account has been removed as its not compatible and to contact my bank as its a problem with them and not paypal.

So with my experince hsbc savers will not work. If anyone can back this up them please do so.

LongMan 12-20-2008 06:14 PM

Tried using the HSBC savers account about 6 months ago and it worked flawlessly.

Tried using it a couple of months ago and I got the deposits into the account but then the paypal account got limited due to my bank saying there was an unauthorised electronic fund transfers.

IMO HSBC saver accounts have changed recently and can no longer be safely used for paypal.

GreenBean 12-20-2008 06:22 PM

^^I agree^^. Tried HSBC & had no luck. This was with an acount made online.

Penya 05-27-2009 01:28 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know if it's still the case with HSBC saving acc as I was quite hopefull to use it?
Thank you

oompaloompa 05-28-2009 01:41 AM

we have said over and over, savers usually dont carry direct debit, but if in doubt call and ask them

Penya 05-28-2009 12:21 PM

Thanks oompaloompa, I've been here only for 3 days and it's just too much new info for me :noidea: so really sorry for annoyance. I must also say your posts are very helpfull :thumb:

Penya 05-29-2009 05:44 PM

Ok, just a thought, checked my HSBC account online and my saver has Standing Order/Direct Debit setup option there, haven't tried it but it's there. Now LongMan said:
paypal account got limited due to my bank saying there was an unauthorised electronic fund transfers
so HSBC probably don't like DD being setup in name different to account holders name or they cannot see this different name?

GreenBean 05-29-2009 06:40 PM

At this point, HSBC is a right royal pain. For me another bank is a better working option.

eta: when I created the same account, I got the same message from HSBC. Put it down to a name difference. There are reports of some banks causing problems with paypal fro our purposes.

dburnside 06-01-2009 04:24 PM

alliance and leicester work fine, just open online account and get cashback through other sites