What's with the 0 Allowance ?? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: What's with the 0 Allowance ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobileah View Post
Im sure now for uk eBay selling accounts haveing 0/0 alliwance is standard as you now need to get
First 10 buying feedback first before you can sell on eBay uk but eBay only let's you bid on 2 items at a time
Until you paid for them and I would guest they will then let you bid on more items after your first few feedback
This is probably because people are abuseing the stealth system and spoiling it for everyone else .
This is, without doubt, the biggest pile of factually incorrect horse poo I have ever seen on this forum. Considering Stevebills has made over 2,000 posts, that is saying something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
This is, without doubt, the biggest pile of factually incorrect horse poo I have ever seen on this forum. Considering Stevebills has made over 2,000 posts, that is saying something.
Last stealthi just made was 0/0 allowance and while bidding will only let me bid on 2 items at a time but says if I get out bidded on one of the other 2 items I bidded on I will be allowed to bid on this item I tyres this on few different auctions and all said the same about bidding this was only a few days old account my other 4 stealth a are working perfect
Old 09-26-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokecola View Post
Last stealthi just made was 0/0 allowance and while bidding will only let me bid on 2 items at a time but says if I get out bidded on one of the other 2 items I bidded on I will be allowed to bid on this item I tyres this on few different auctions and all said the same about bidding this was only a few days old account my other 4 stealth a are working perfect
When did you make this stealth?

The last one I made was last week and that was standard 10/650

Will maybe make a couple today to see if there has been a seismic shift in policy.
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 64%

i got a 0 allowance, spoke to ebay then increased it, listed item and got banned lol
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 76%

0/0 has become a lot more frequent recently as well.
Old 10-01-2015

EBAY REP:
Please be informed that this is process is being applied to all newly registered and I do apologise for the inconvenience it has cause you on your end.
EBAY REP:
I will provide you the steps on how you will be able to request for your selling allowance.
EBAY REP:
However, if the steps will not work. You will have to go through a phone verification with our Selling Allowance Team, xxxxx.

This balls keeps being put into live chat conversations as well
Old 10-04-2015

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 87%

Hi,

Does anybody know what is involved in this 'phone verification'?

Thank you
Old 10-07-2015
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

Sometimes it's a few questions on what you're selling and where it's from, sometimes it's a case of sending in docs.

This may be sensitive info or may be common knowledge, but I was chatting to a customer service rep and when they say 'give me two minutes to review your account', they forward your details, item you're selling and question answers to a 'policy expert' (their words) and they decide manually if you need to send in documents or if you can have a selling allowance.
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 65%

Probably they start checking credit score via credit check agencies like experian ,equifax etc ..
Btw -if you open PP and ebay with real person with good credit score your money on paypal are not hold for 21 days .
The Following User Says Thank You to Kleso777 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-10-2015)
Old 10-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleso777 View Post
Probably they start checking credit score via credit check agencies like experian ,equifax etc ..
Oh really....and you heard that where or is that another load of speculation.

Yes, definately a load of bull.

Also, you've just admitted to identity theft. That is not what this forum is about!
Old 10-09-2015
peghmeypong

Quote:
Btw -if you open PP and ebay with real person with good credit score your money on paypal are not hold for 21 days .

This is a very odd and concerning post.

Would you care to cite your sources on these two subjects?
Old 10-09-2015

I used my own real details! That why I know they don't hold the money this is not speculation Callidus this is real experience .
One question,why do you attacking me ? I am trying to help here .
The Following User Says Thank You to Kleso777 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-10-2015)
Old 10-09-2015

Not attacking anyone - it is very concerning when you're making a post about using real info. Using 1 set of your own real details does NOT mean that this happens, you probably got lucky!

eBay are NOT using equifax or any credit agencies.
Old 10-09-2015

maybe I was lucky but I don't think PP or ebay work on Luck .
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I used my own real details! That why I know they don't hold the money this is not speculation Callidus this is real experience .
One question,why do you attacking me ? I am trying to help here .
Just because you got ''lucky'' on your account does not make your statement true.

99% of accounts always have the holds. Paypal does not trust you more than the next person.
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 59%

Bummer
I have not got one of those in a while I have been getting alot of 50 item and a few 1000 item a few 5 and 10 items
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradiatorman View Post
Bummer
I have not got one of those in a while I have been getting alot of 50 item and a few 1000 item a few 5 and 10 items
you are in the USA... we are in the UK. Different rules.
Old 10-09-2015
peghmeypong

Do you have a source you can provide that backs up eBay and PayPal using credit reference agencies?
Old 10-09-2015

I am waiting to see this source as well..
Old 10-09-2015

Got more chance of Obama showing his 'real' birth certificate.
Old 10-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
Do you have a source you can provide that backs up eBay and PayPal using credit reference agencies?
PayPal clearly say they do this in their Privacy Policy, since eBay and PayPal share information, eBay will use PayPals assessment to establish seller limits, I believe that is how it works:
https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?c.../Privacy_print

Information about You from Third Parties
In order to protect all our customers against potential fraud, we verify the information you provide with the "Payment Processors" and/or "Credit Reference and Fraud Agencies" listed in the table under the section "Disclosure to Third Parties other than PayPal Customers" below. In the course of such verification, we receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you register a credit card or debit card or bank account with PayPal, we will use card authorisation and fraud screening services to verify that your bank or card information and address match the information you supplied to PayPal, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.

If you send or receive high overall payment volumes through the PayPal Services, or if as a merchant have limited selling history, in some circumstances we will conduct a background check on your business by obtaining information about you and your business, and potentially (if legally permitted) also about your directors, shareholders and partners, from a credit reference or fraud agency such as Dun & Bradstreet, as listed in the table under the section entitled, "Disclosure to Third Parties other than PayPal Customers" below. If you owe us money, we may conduct a credit check on you by obtaining additional information about you from a credit reference or fraud agency, to the extent permitted by law. PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to periodically retrieve and review a business and/or consumer credit report supplied by such credit reference or fraud agency for any account, and reserves the right to close an account based on information obtained during this credit review process.

If you use your PayPal account to sell items, we may also collect public information about your business and your behaviour on social media platforms (such as the e-mail address and the number of “likes” and “followers”), to the extent relevant to confirm an assessment of your transactions and/or your business, including its size and the size of its customer base.

We may also collect information from members of the eBay Inc. corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies). If you are sending transaction related communication on PayPal’s or eBay’s conflict resolution platforms to your buyer or seller, we may collect such information in order to assess your transactions and any risk associated with your activities, as well as for fraud detection, prevention, and or remediation of fraud, or other illegal actions or to detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or the applicable user agreements.

Last edited by unity006; 10-10-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-11-2015
peghmeypong

We've all read the ts and cs, and every change is pored over on the forum

The fact is that PayPal don't run the details through the credit and fraud agencies at account creation - I've created several accounts in my real details and have never seen searches in my credit files.

PayPal and eBay may well use the agencies when they are chasing bad debts etc, but we aren't talking about that here.