eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   IP Cable connection (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/9156-ip-cable-connection.html)

forest7 01-15-2009 06:19 PM

IP Cable connection

Hi,
I have virgin broadband cable connection so my Ip is static. Never changes.
I read somewhere in this forum that if I unplug the cable from the modem overnight my ip then changes.
It this it true, is this method absolutly reliable. Can I be sure that then I wont be trackable?

thank you

TGMT² 01-15-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sound73 (Post 72703)
Hi,
I have virgin broadband cable connection so my Ip is static. Never changes.
I read somewhere in this forum that if I unplug the cable from the modem overnight my ip then changes.
It this it true, is this method absolutly reliable. Can I be sure that then I wont be trackable?

The overnight thing has always worked for me. If you are using a wireless router, be sure and clear it with the reset button before you unplug it for the night. And make sure the DSL router/modem is unplugged as well.

I'm not sure why, but the wireless router can pull back the original IP address if not reset.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...html#post68687

Check your IP Address before and after with...

What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

GreenBean 01-15-2009 09:05 PM

virgin broadband cable offers dynamic ips and static ips for residental customers. These IPs
tend to have a long lease which is why they can be assumed to be static. Turning off the modem overnight may not easily 'force' a change of IP. You could maybe try and leave it switched off for longer, in the hope that the lease expires & someone else connects & grabs that IP. Then when you reconnect you may have an new IP (nb maybe/might.) Other way is to consider going from USB to Ethernet, or adding a router or new Ethernet card. This assigns a new IP (to your mac address.)

forest7 01-16-2009 08:58 AM

I have a cable virgin modem and plugged to the Ethernet.
Now i am going to leave my modem unplugged overnight. They day after I plug it again to Ethernet. Say my IP is changed.
Can I now be sure that the issue about IP is solve and Ebay can not track me?

Thank you

karenc76 01-16-2009 04:33 PM

you cant get yourself a splitter and a new router set up a new user account on your pc.
use the user accounts to log on to the different ips i.e. when logging into the new ebay account log on new user with the new router but remeber to swap over ethernet cables when logging onto the new user. take note of the different ips and always check that using the new ip for the new ebay

tommybod 01-16-2009 05:01 PM

I don't know what your package deal is, or your time limit of your contract etc. But if you get yourself on AOL, all you have to do is reboot your router and you'll get a new IP address everytime.

I'm not too sure about this, but if you check out the forum a lot of people reckon the IP address is not really the issue these days anyway, ebay have other more reliable means of tracking you. Saying that, I do reboot the router when changeing accounts,but maybe only because I can.

freakazoid789 01-19-2009 09:54 AM

would this involve in any other problems?
say other than ebay, in the other way round

which site relys on static ips?

yaw1800 01-20-2009 08:59 PM

it so much that they depend on static IPs, they just use the IP the same way ebay does (ex.. credit cards, banks)