eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   VWware v 24VC v Mobile Tethering (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/96449-vwware-v-24vc-v-mobile-tethering.html)

mich74 05-18-2016 07:13 AM

VWware v 24VC v Mobile Tethering

Just setting new stealth (things have progressed a little since I last did this) & am almost there just to a little extra advice on IP's.
The guide recommends using 24VC to obtain & static IP, others have kindly suggested using VMware (thanks for that) & I have considered mobile tethering which gives a new IP on each use (don't know if this flags anything up at eb or pp)
From a cost point of view tethering is the cheapest followed by 24VC & VMware.
I am looking to create more than one account so as to have a back up should anything go wrong.
Any advice or comments gratefully received.

ps accounts in my own name & address at pp & eb were suspended about 2 years ago, I can use an address I can have access to in the next town, can I use my own name at that address or should I go with an alias.

just_smile 05-18-2016 07:31 AM

Re: VWware v 24VC v Mobile Tethering

Cheapest method is a dongle or tethering.

Just record your ip everytime. You don't want to use the same ip on different accounts.

If you have a common name there is no harm is using your real name. Assuming everything else is different.

phaz0rz 05-18-2016 07:36 AM

VMWare is not an IP solution. You would use either 24vc/dongle/tethering to obtain a new IP for your virtual machine in vmware. But if you were to just set up a VM and start browsing, you would still have your same banned IP.

If you choose to use VMWare you will still need to get a new IP somehow.

Personally I have a bunch of VM's with a dedicated 24vc connection for each.

likefrasers 11-30-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 772313)
VMWare is not an IP solution. You would use either 24vc/dongle/tethering to obtain a new IP for your virtual machine in vmware. But if you were to just set up a VM and start browsing, you would still have your same banned IP.

If you choose to use VMWare you will still need to get a new IP somehow.

Personally I have a bunch of VM's with a dedicated 24vc connection for each.

Me too, VM's + dedicated IPs, the best option to run multiple accounts in one laptop. But sometimes if the IP provide company has some technic issue, that means you will have to wait patiently for 1 hour or longest 2 days (my longest case) to fix the lines.

Play 11-30-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 815139)
Me too, VM's + dedicated IPs, the best option to run multiple accounts in one laptop. But sometimes if the IP provide company has some technic issue, that means you will have to wait patiently for 1 hour or longest 2 days (my longest case) to fix the lines.

Best thing to do is link your ebay accounts to a shipping managent tools that imports orders / prints labels - that will ensure all orders still go out on time.

Then reply to questions directly from your email (without having to login to ebay). More on that here http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ails-move.html

That essentially means any downtime won't have any drastic impact. Stuff like listing new items and responding to cases will of course have to wait a little.

likefrasers 11-30-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 815143)
Best thing to do is link your ebay accounts to a shipping managent tools that imports orders / prints labels - that will ensure all orders still go out on time.

Then reply to questions directly from your email (without having to login to ebay). More on that here http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ails-move.html

That essentially means any downtime won't have any drastic impact. Stuff like listing new items and responding to cases will of course have to wait a little.

5) When someone sends you a message via ebay, simply reply back to the email as if you were replying to any email, enter your response, send. Done. The buyer will get the message in their ebay inbox within a few minutes.

I never heard of that. You can reply directly from Gmail no need to log into ebay?

Play 11-30-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 815148)
5) When someone sends you a message via ebay, simply reply back to the email as if you were replying to any email, enter your response, send. Done. The buyer will get the message in their ebay inbox within a few minutes.

I never heard of that. You can reply directly from Gmail no need to log into ebay?

Correct. As I've said though, 1. Hit reply, 2. enter message, 3. click send.
Keep it simple, don't mess around with anything.

likefrasers 11-30-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 815149)
Correct. As I've said though, 1. Hit reply, 2. enter message, 3. click send.
Keep it simple, don't mess around with anything.

That's a fantastic news. I will try to see if outlooks works like that as well. I was so worried every time when I'm going out to leave a laptop at home, coz my mail app on iPhone can receive message sometimes urgently but I can not log back to ebay to reply buyers on the mobile.