eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   anyone been asked to confirm BD via 3rd party company? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/138206-anyone-been-asked-confirm-bd-via-3rd-party-company.html)

bizonas 08-06-2020 08:34 AM

anyone been asked to confirm BD via 3rd party company?

hi, I see everyone are discussing documents request regarding MP, but just wondering if anyone been asked to login to online banking via ebay, so they can confirm bank details etc, the app is some "Trustly Group", so basically I been pushed to the corner..., because as I understand if I will use that login, eBay can see a real name and address, not sure how much ebay can see..., maybe they just want to see if you are able to login to your online banking.

so this is what happens when I click add bank details to MP.

ebay

About logging in to Online Banking

-This is secure connection to your bank via Trustly Group,
an eBay partner

-Your bank login details cannot be seen by eBay

brassmonkey 08-06-2020 03:30 PM

Re: anyone been asked to confirm BD via 3rd party company?

Yes I was asked but there should be an option to enter your bank details manually which means you can avoid logging into your bank via ebay.

CaptainComedown 08-09-2020 05:13 AM

I am having a similar problem with one of my accounts. I have submitted bank documents and details twice now but both times they say they cannot verify the account. They are asking me to login to the bank account now, although I have emailed them pretending that the link won't load for me, and asking why they cannot verify from the submitted documents. They obviously haven't realized it's all phake or they wouldn't have given me three chances, so there must be something else wrong ffs, plus they accepted my passport

If I get any useful information out of the ebay rep, I will post in here again and let you know about it

LOMBOK 08-09-2020 06:18 AM

Trustly doesn't exactly command must trust if you go by the reviews on Trustpilot!

I will be honest and did not expect a positive result when I uploaded my docs for MP but was pleasantly surprised when they verified them.

CaptainComedown 08-09-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOMBOK (Post 1109642)
Trustly doesn't exactly command must trust if you go by the reviews on Trustpilot!

I will be honest and did not expect a positive result when I uploaded my docs for MP but was pleasantly surprised when they verified them.

Glad to hear it, they have rejected my bank docs twice now, and are asking me to submit them again. I have emailed them about it and they say they have escalated the problem and will contact me during the week.... so they're either gonna force the verification for me, or ban me, I guess I just have to wait and see!

It's interesting seeing how they handle it though

LOMBOK 08-09-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1109656)
Glad to hear it, they have rejected my bank docs twice now, and are asking me to submit them again. I have emailed them about it and they say they have escalated the problem and will contact me during the week.... so they're either gonna force the verification for me, or ban me, I guess I just have to wait and see!

It's interesting seeing how they handle it though

How did you change your bank statement? I am told they have software to check if changes have been made. I altered the name and address only on mine and blanked out the transaction details. I left the amounts, dates and type showing.

CaptainComedown 08-10-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOMBOK (Post 1109659)
How did you change your bank statement? I am told they have software to check if changes have been made. I altered the name and address only on mine and blanked out the transaction details. I left the amounts, dates and type showing.

I only altered the name and address on mine, and left the transactions visible. I edited the name and address on the PDF bank statement and then sent a screenshot of it. Perhaps they have detected an issue, although if they can see it was edited then I doubt they would ask me to upload it 3 times so I'm not sure what the issue is

Ebayorbust 08-10-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1109783)
I only altered the name and address on mine, and left the transactions visible. I edited the name and address on the PDF bank statement and then sent a screenshot of it. Perhaps they have detected an issue, although if they can see it was edited then I doubt they would ask me to upload it 3 times so I'm not sure what the issue is

What type of bank account did you add? Savings or current account?

CaptainComedown 08-11-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 1109787)
What type of bank account did you add? Savings or current account?

Wirecard/Uaccount mate, although I have spoken to a rep because I though maybe that was the problem but they said it isn't the problem.

I figured I'd just use "disposable" uaccount's until I figure MP out a bit more, as I don't wanna burn any of my proper accounts

CaptainComedown 08-11-2020 03:47 AM

Does a savings account not work anymore? I have used both current and savings in the past.