Not Yet Registered For Managed Payments. What's the plan? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Not Yet Registered For Managed Payments. What's the plan?

So I've read through most of the UK managed payments threads and it still seems like early days for a conclusion. Most if not all of my stealth accounts have had an email asking to register to Managed Payments with a start date after the 18th January at the earliest. One account had a deadline of October which is now missed and that account is restricted.

For those of us who have yet to enrol into this inevitable managed payments system and have till January to enrol what should we do in the meantime?

A lot of us have mismatched names on our accounts and it seems like the users on this forum who enrolled to managed payments are the ones who have matching names on their accounts.

Keeping this thread simple, what should we do going forward?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2020

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Not Yet Registered For Managed Payments. What's the plan?

The stumbling block here appears to be post successful verification of the documents submitted. around the start date and then the first few weeks into using MP's users are then getting suspended which points to a flag raised by the bank? or maybe a post soft credit check by ebay? (a couple of ideas)
At this time its still a learning curve on what to do.. the initial stealth guide wasn't made in a day its all trial and error.
There are a few current members who have gone live with stealth so hopefully we will get some positive feedback over the next few weeks on how they get on

AGREEING WITH THE ORIGINAL OP HERE, please keep this thread constructive to building a process
The Following User Says Thank You to richie2065 For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020

Longevity: 21%

It does work for stealth accounts but you must make sure you make up good documents a badly made up document will get you suppend.
My steath account went live on the 2nd Nov and got my first payment into my bank account today
But you never know like Richie2065 says its trial and error. What work of one may not work for another
The Following User Says Thank You to Uavmods For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
It does work for stealth accounts but you must make sure you make up good documents a badly made up document will get you suppend.
My steath account went live on the 2nd Nov and got my first payment into my bank account today
But you never know like Richie2065 says its trial and error. What work of one may not work for another
Thanks for the response. Can you go into a bit more detail as to the kind of documents are needed. As a stealth eBay account the name registered does not match up to the name on the bank account. Can eBay see the name of the bank account at all?

Can you talk me through the steps needed to be taken so I don't mess anything up. It will also be easier for anyone who hasn't been on this forum in a long time.

Really don't want to lose my stores. Thank you
Old 11-04-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Be Back View Post
Thanks for the response. Can you go into a bit more detail as to the kind of documents are needed. As a stealth eBay account the name registered does not match up to the name on the bank account. Can eBay see the name of the bank account at all?

Can you talk me through the steps needed to be taken so I don't mess anything up. It will also be easier for anyone who hasn't been on this forum in a long time.

Really don't want to lose my stores. Thank you
Well we can't hold your hands there's so much to cover and this is why we always tell new people to start with the stealth guide instead of getting bits and pieces in the wrong order.
Old 11-04-2020

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well we can't hold your hands there's so much to cover and this is why we always tell new people to start with the stealth guide instead of getting bits and pieces in the wrong order.
The stealth guide isn't updated on how to pass Mp checks yet. As Op wrote we all have successful stores accounts that we will lose because they stealth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugarlaces For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-05-2020), sax4 (11-09-2020)
Old 11-04-2020

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Hi

Have you used Driving Licence, Passport or EU ID?
Old 11-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well we can't hold your hands there's so much to cover and this is why we always tell new people to start with the Stealth Guide instead of getting bits and pieces in the wrong order.
This is completely new for 2020. The Stealth Guide does not cover this.
Old 11-05-2020
Threadstarter  

I'd just like to add more information about the emails that eBay sent about managed payments. With my stealth store that got restricted. This account had emails from eBay about enrolling into managed payments stating "Make sure you register by October 16" they sent several reminder emails asking to do this which I ignored hence the restriction.

With the rest of my stealth accounts the emails that eBay sent did NOT include a deadline date for registration and only a date when it will become active (After January 18th). As of yet they haven't sent any reminder emails which at this point they would have if Jan 18th is the deadline. For those who have had similar emails and didn't have a deadline but an activation date which has now passed, what is your experience.
Old 11-09-2020

Yea The sheath guide does not cover MP and why would need to buy the sheath guide if you already have a good working sheath account.
Its early days yet as to what way MP accounts will pan out
The Following User Says Thank You to Uavmods For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yea The sheath guide does not cover MP and why would need to buy the sheath guide if you already have a good working sheath account.
Its early days yet as to what way MP accounts will pan out
I have been reading the other threads and have seen that you have been approved for MP with a full stealth account. May I ask what you did exactly as a lot of users are using real details. How did you manage with a full stealth account.

Thank you
Old 11-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Okay so today was actually the first time I logged back onto my stealth store which missed the deadline to enrol on MP. When trying to list a new item I am unable to which is expected. However I am able to increase my current listings on the store without a problem.

I decided to read the email eBay sent again to double check

"You have missed the October 16 deadline to register and your ability to create new listings has been disabled. To reinstate your ability to create new listings, register for managed payments"

Do you know if this will affect my listings when it comes to Good till cancelled. I don't mind not being able to list more as long as the current listings are still active.
Old 11-11-2020

In the short term, I think not. But in the long term, ebay will distance themselves completely from PP and your current listings will be affected
The Following User Says Thank You to eBay1234567 For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Be Back View Post
Okay so today was actually the first time I logged back onto my stealth store which missed the deadline to enrol on MP. When trying to list a new item I am unable to which is expected. However I am able to increase my current listings on the store without a problem.

I decided to read the email eBay sent again to double check

"You have missed the October 16 deadline to register and your ability to create new listings has been disabled. To reinstate your ability to create new listings, register for managed payments"

Do you know if this will affect my listings when it comes to Good till cancelled. I don't mind not being able to list more as long as the current listings are still active.
Sounds good to me, I would settle for that, ride it out as the PayPal demise might not be till 2023.
Are you able to revise them though ie change quantities?
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarlaces For This Useful Post:
Ill Be Back (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay1234567 View Post
In the short term, I think not. But in the long term, ebay will distance themselves completely from PP and your current listings will be affected
I agree. In the long term we will all have to find a way to stealth but I'm just happy that we have more time to figure this out. I was initially worried because a lot of members here have said that eBay has suspended their accounts and wasn't able to list once their good till cancelled listings have run out.

In my case I am just unable to list new items. As for my other business stores they have all been invited to register to MP however they do not have a deadline. The email also doesn't state "You Must Register" unlike the first email I got.

It seems like eBay is inconsistent with how they are getting business sellers to enrol. At least for now.
Old 11-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
Sounds good to me, I would settle for that, ride it out as the PayPal demise might not be till 2023.
Are you able to revise them though ie change quantities?
Definitely need to ride it out for as long as I can. Yes I am able to revise and increase quantities. I believe my good till cancelled listings have already been automatically relisted so it does seem to be okay for now.

For those who will face the same situation soon I highly recommend listing as many items as possible and at least you will be able to carry on selling and perhaps changing the titles of items as a means to create new listings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ill Be Back For This Useful Post:
sugarlaces (11-12-2020)
Old 11-11-2020

Longevity: 30%

I have gone through MP and skipped bank statement. "I'm ON THE LIST"
Now I can list again and add quantity selling with paypal. Ebay are asking me to add bank statement to use MP. What happens if I just leave it? I could not care less about MP if I can sell using paypal
Old 11-12-2020

On whatever day they actually enroll you into MP, if you do not have a bank statement (or any info they are asking for), your selling will be stopped by Ebay. Meeting all their requirements in MP is the only way to keep the account going at that point.
The Following User Says Thank You to jieta2 For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (11-13-2020)
Old 11-12-2020

Longevity: 53%

yes although any buy it now auctions will continue unaffected- payment through paypal. inc the good to cancelled listings
The Following User Says Thank You to richie2065 For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (11-13-2020)
Old 11-14-2020

I meant to say activated, not enrolle. The listings stay active after you enroll but once they activate the account for MP, then all selling ceases if you have not complied. At that point, there are no more PayPal transactions. I had two I moved to MP but the third account I did not send in any paperwork for. Eventually, they suspended all selling on that account. PayPal is not an option for receiving funds once you are activated.
Old 11-14-2020

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jieta2 View Post
I meant to say activated, not enrolle. The listings stay active after you enroll but once they activate the account for MP, then all selling ceases if you have not complied. At that point, there are no more PayPal transactions. I had two I moved to MP but the third account I did not send in any paperwork for. Eventually, they suspended all selling on that account. PayPal is not an option for receiving funds once you are activated.
i had 4 account after not registering for MP they MC011 it and goodbye to the account... they don't even give chance right now...
Old 11-16-2020

Longevity: 30%

Ok so I sent the bank statement and ID (all professional from a top seller in the forum)
First accepted onto the list. Then 2 days later BAM! Suspended without appeal

“Your account registration information (name and address) must match your government issued ID”

Everything matched on paper. EVERYTHING. There is definitely something happening after a visual check is done.

This account was also in very good standing. A sad day..