eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   MP activated without sending any docs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/140007-mp-activated-without-sending-any-docs.html)

175tom 11-09-2020 09:15 PM

MP activated without sending any docs

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my situation! I registered for MP i think on the 16th October in a panic more than anything. I gave my stealth name and wrong bank account and it came back saying “please update your bank info” since then I have been selling on ebay as normal payments all going to Paypal. Today i received a message saying “your account will be activated for managed payments in the week starting 15/11/2020”. I have active listings so does this mean that payments will not go to Paypal?

I havent given them any info no bank statement or id all they are asking is for me to update my bank info. I was considering changing my stealth details into my real info and then submitting the bank info they require? I cant see any way forward with my account other than to do that as I think milking the account for as long as possible has come to an end!

Your thoughts are welcomed!

bytor3k 11-09-2020 09:41 PM

Re: MP activated without sending any docs

Either it's a glitch or you got lucky.

Or...

https://i.imgur.com/MS1SaYW.jpg

richie2065 11-10-2020 05:04 AM

people have been suspended a few weeks after being accepted on MP so only time will tell

rsot 11-10-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 1123975)
people have been suspended a few weeks after being accepted on MP so only time will tell

Quite a few active people on the forum experimenting and working out the issues - time will tell, true

ngirg001 11-10-2020 03:24 PM

What from most people have experienced, your best chance is to use your real name and SSN and DOB. You may be able to convert future accounts with the same info and different business and EIN, but that has not been proven yet.

I changed all the info on my account to my real info. They now want an ID to prove it so I will be sending in my real ID

175tom 11-10-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngirg001 (Post 1124061)
What from most people have experienced, your best chance is to use your real name and SSN and DOB. You may be able to convert future accounts with the same info and different business and EIN, but that has not been proven yet.

I changed all the info on my account to my real info. They now want an ID to prove it so I will be sending in my real ID

I think it would be different with a UK account we dont have SSN. So i think it will be a case of changing my name and DOB. However I wonder if I should change my address to my real one? Only reason being is if they ask me to upload id my address will need to match the account.

Does ebay allow such a drastic change to the account? New name dob address etc? I mean ive got nothing to losr because the account is toast otherwise!

sugarlaces 11-10-2020 05:00 PM

they dont ask for dob unless they see ID. You can change name and address or do them some days apart so no flag.

DENDEN76 11-10-2020 06:27 PM

I wonder if it will be easier to get accepted using creative methods from an African country

ebaysniper 11-10-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1124081)
I wonder if it will be easier to get accepted using creative methods from an African country

Have you tried?

175tom 11-15-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarlaces (Post 1124076)
they dont ask for dob unless they see ID. You can change name and address or do them some days apart so no flag.

Okay so ive changed my info did it over a couple of days kept the date of birth as the old stealth one. Changed the business info to my real address aswell. Im worried abit because this address is obviously my own and my real ebay was banned about 7 years ago now at that address. This surely has to flag up with ebay? I will wait until the activation date tomorrow and see what happens and if im unable to list anything then I will upload the statement.

It seems this is the only way to do it, however how are ebay not banning all accounts that are being changed to old banned accounts.

Ill keep you all updated although im not hopeful! Haha

Dexter-uk 11-19-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 175tom (Post 1124940)
Okay so ive changed my info did it over a couple of days kept the date of birth as the old stealth one. Changed the business info to my real address aswell. Im worried abit because this address is obviously my own and my real ebay was banned about 7 years ago now at that address. This surely has to flag up with ebay? I will wait until the activation date tomorrow and see what happens and if im unable to list anything then I will upload the statement.

It seems this is the only way to do it, however how are ebay not banning all accounts that are being changed to old banned accounts.

Ill keep you all updated although im not hopeful! Haha

How did it go? Any joy?

175tom 11-19-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter-uk (Post 1125905)
How did it go? Any joy?

Converted all my info over to real aswell as the DOB. As soon as I did that they requested for photo ID which I sent and then 2 days after I was accepted and now on MP. Made my first sale today. But before I did any of this I gave my stealth name and real bank to MP which came back with "you need to update your info" since changing everything to my real info I have checked the bank section of MP it shows my real bank info which payment will be going to and the stealth name which I entered in at the start. So well see if that causes any issues! I'm hoping not!

james_112233 11-19-2020 06:52 PM

Fingers crossed. Is it just the one account you have ? I think we can all easily get one account on to MP with real info it's the other stealths we have that we need to get on there without linking. How does one do that ...

175tom 11-19-2020 09:23 PM

I have just the one account registered for MP with real info. The other stealths are all personal so are still using Paypal. I think your best bet would be to stick with the one account for now and wait to hear on the forum from other members its all trial and error at the moment. Well see if the way I have done it even lasts yet! You said you have done the same as me? Does yours show the stealth name next to the bank account number on MP?

james_112233 11-20-2020 05:35 AM

I never created any accounts with stealth names only stealth addresses. I didn't want to withdraw funds from PayPal in a phantom name as I was more concerned with what the bank would say seeing deposits from John Smith when my name is David Lloyd.

So my business eBay has stealth business address but real owner details (previously banned on eBay from years ago) info.

So far they seem to be letting me sell which is great, that's all I want.

Now this can all go tits up if I put in real info in more accounts as it will come to light I've been selling with multiple stores for years when they thought they got rid of me with their ban.

james_112233 11-20-2020 05:37 AM

I only have 1 store that I can risk losing. So I am definitely going to experiment with that one by leaving made up stealth details in the MP portal. Just waiting for others to share their genuine experiences but it is still early. We will see what happens by the end of Jan 21.

Ebayseller1 12-10-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 175tom (Post 1125937)
Converted all my info over to real aswell as the DOB. As soon as I did that they requested for photo ID which I sent and then 2 days after I was accepted and now on MP. Made my first sale today. But before I did any of this I gave my stealth name and real bank to MP which came back with "you need to update your info" since changing everything to my real info I have checked the bank section of MP it shows my real bank info which payment will be going to and the stealth name which I entered in at the start. So well see if that causes any issues! I'm hoping not!

How are you getting on? Any issues after a few weeks?

I have 2 stealth accounts, 1 running my limited business through my real paypal and another totally stealth

1 account has had a VERO listing removed in the past so on this account im planning to only change the name, keeping DoB / Address stealth and upload my Personal Bank account to match my real name. (**k* ID / address + real personal bank statement)

On the 2nd account thats very solid im planning to change my name + Dob to match my real details while keeping the address stealth and then upload my business bank account with this (Real ID / **k* Address / Real business bank statement )

This way the 2 accounts will not be linked together and hopefully at least one will get through.

frustr8ed 12-10-2020 09:25 PM

Uploading a f*** ID for MP registration we’ll get you banned, as many have experienced

Flipinit 12-10-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frustr8ed (Post 1130252)
Uploading a f*** ID for MP registration we’ll get you banned, as many have experienced

It depends if your stealth information is completely stealth or is somewhat legit.

james_112233 12-11-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipinit (Post 1130264)
It depends if your stealth information is completely stealth or is somewhat legit.

:nono: Then it's not stealth, surely