eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Trying to register for MP but been asked for photo ID. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/140146-trying-register-mp-but-been-asked-photo-id.html)

James Brown 11-16-2020 11:48 AM

Trying to register for MP but been asked for photo ID.

Been ignoring repeated warnings to register for MP so just tried to register.
Made sure account name and address exactly matched that shown on bank statement (genuine doc) which I uploaded, but have now received request for photo ID. I have no photo ID so just asked if they will accept birth certificate.

I have several credit cards and couple of bank accounts registered here but I'm not on electoral roll, which may be reason.

Keep you posted on progress...

yankee 11-16-2020 12:27 PM

Re: Trying to register for MP but been asked for photo ID.

Give them what they want. Vendors here should be able to help.

James Brown 11-17-2020 05:01 AM

Ebay response to no photo id is below. I did ask if birth certificate was acceptable but no mention of that in their reply below;

"If you do not have a Passport or Drivers Licence you can provide the following to assist us with verification.

Valid non-photo ID doc, with full name and DOB
Accompanying document such as a government issued Tax statement / letter / letter from a judicial or government authority Or Statement from a regulated utility company which has at least full name and address, and is not older than 3 months".

James Brown 11-17-2020 07:27 AM

Well, ebay have just confirmed what many of us have suspected for sometime - they are greedy idiots. I explained several times I had no photo id, no passport nor driving license. I uploaded bank statement and credit card statement - both genuine but apparently they are not enough. The birth certificate that paypal accepted several years ago also 'didn't pass verification'.

Instead they want an id such as photo or paper driving driving license!! I'm not sending the morons anymore documents, all they do is collect every document you have and file them for future reference. I hope the *astards shoot themselves in the foot by getting greedy and trying to grab all paypal profits.

james_112233 11-18-2020 02:32 PM

Statement from a regulated utility company which has at least full name and address

That sounds like a gas or electric bill should do it, like on paypal

James Brown 11-19-2020 04:57 AM

My situation is a complicated one which for obvious reasons I can't discuss on here. Basically the bank statement I uploaded was 100% genuine. I can't give them a utility bill because I don't have anything in my name as all paid by someone else. I suspect they are checking validity of all docs so a modified utility bill would most likely instantly get account suspended at this point.

Incidentally, although they are still requesting proof of ID, they have already set up a direct debit in bank account! Cheeky sods.

Just read their id requirements again. "Valid non photo id with full name and DOB accompanied by, blah blah blah, statement from regulated utility company which has at least full name and address". So utility bill on it's own won't be enough.

james_112233 11-19-2020 05:31 AM

It sounds no different to paypal to be honest. Give us exactly what we want to meet anti money laundering regs or you're not allowed to continue.

So the fact you have no photo ID isn't good enough in their eyes.

defwax7 11-19-2020 04:04 PM

Mayby they are saying, You cannot use one form of identification for both name and address. For example, if you provide your driving licence or Valid non-photo ID doc as proof of your name and D.O B, you must provide another form of identification for your address, such as a utility bill/bank statement.

Volupia 01-01-2021 02:36 AM

Just provide them with the info they want and be done with it. It really isn't hard to overcome the problems in this thread. It is similar to passing eu limits via PayPal but unfortunately legit details are needed as credit history in my opinion is major factor. For example I have opened bank at new address and set up account in my details with new address that bank was opened with. Previous details where banned. I have not been asked for any docs and mp accepted which is another major answer that financial profile is checked on info given

james_112233 01-01-2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volupia (Post 1134068)
I have not been asked for any docs and mp accepted which is another major answer that financial profile is checked on info given

So haven't I other than a statement on an account that I didn't use trustily on to verify.

They are definitely using agencies to verify the information. Name and DOB is the important factor I think.

Volupia 01-01-2021 02:55 AM

They have always used agencies to check individuals especially on mc011 pass rate. Also account creation.

Yeah statement standard

Volupia 01-01-2021 02:58 AM

Ayden being a payment processor and ebay also checking financial record. Anyone selling on ebay without any form of financial status (basic bank account) is obviously a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account and high risk so bye. Common sense

James Brown 01-01-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volupia (Post 1134068)
Just provide them with the info they want and be done with it. It really isn't hard to overcome the problems in this thread. It is similar to passing eu limits via PayPal but unfortunately legit details are needed as credit history in my opinion is major factor. For example I have opened bank at new address and set up account in my details with new address that bank was opened with. Previous details where banned. I have not been asked for any docs and mp accepted which is another major answer that financial profile is checked on info given

The bank details and statement I supplied to ebay were from a legit and matured current account. They still insist on Photo ID.

Just because they haven't asked you for photo id yet, doesn't mean they won't in future. This a fact worth bearing in mind for anyone that thinks they got away with supplying fictitious docs. Once the account starts trading and is holding a nice wedge of cash don't be surprised if the request for photo id comes your way. If they do ask for it, it needs to be 100% legit or prepare to cry because money is stuck in limbo.

If you are alluding to having opened a bank account using an assumed name and address then I'm sorry I don't believe you. All id docs presented to banks are checked for authenticity whilst customer is in branch, as they did when I opened a Nat West account couple of years ago.

Several people have suggested using photo id bought from various sources, but that would be a waste of time and money. Adyen or ebay are obviously obliged to verify docs using a database to weed out bogus id.

Volupia 01-01-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brown (Post 1134170)
The bank details and statement I supplied to ebay were from a legit and matured current account. They still insist on Photo ID.

Just because they haven't asked you for photo id yet, doesn't mean they won't in future. This a fact worth bearing in mind for anyone that thinks they got away with supplying fictitious docs. Once the account starts trading and is holding a nice wedge of cash don't be surprised if the request for photo id comes your way. If they do ask for it, it needs to be 100% legit or prepare to cry because money is stuck in limbo.

If you are alluding to having opened a bank account using an assumed name and address then I'm sorry I don't believe you. All id docs presented to banks are checked for authenticity whilst customer is in branch, as they did when I opened a Nat West account couple of years ago.

Several people have suggested using photo id bought from various sources, but that would be a waste of time and money. Adyen or ebay are obviously obliged to verify docs using a database to weed out bogus id.

The bank was opened at a family member's address in my legit details a while back.

The fact PayPal didn't require docs when they requested more info at eu limit provides obvious proof that when the check is performed through credit reference agencies they could confirm my identity and see the bank registered to that address. As well as my full name and dob being confirmed.

I didn't imply photo ID will not be needed for future checks but as of now it looks like they are happy with my identity from their checks.

Volupia 01-01-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brown (Post 1134170)

Actually, you are wrong. Docs aren't always required when opening a high street bank online!

ebaywanton 01-01-2021 07:36 PM

Docs are required 100% when opening any bank account, even online.

What bank/online bank are you referring to?