eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   MP advice please? Last hurdle (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/143115-mp-advice-please-last-hurdle.html)

thecj 04-21-2021 10:55 AM

MP advice please? Last hurdle

Hello guys, hoping someone can help

I'm about to connect a high street bank with my eb managed payments.

I was about to click the connect button on the last stage

The final message before you connect says this

"Trustly Group AB would like to access your account information for the next 90 days"

The information you'll share

Your account details

- Your account name, number and sort-code
- Your account balance

Contact and party details

- The name of the account and the full legal name(s) of all parties. Optionally this can also include their address or addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses as held by the bank/card issuer

If I click accept will ebay be able to see all of this information? The only thing i'm afraid of is the telephone number and email address, the rest are fine.

Also there was two methods to link the bank account, the "recommended route" or the manual route where you need to show bank statements and can take a few days, which would be better?

Appreciate any comments, thank you

13obby 04-21-2021 03:45 PM

Re: MP advice please? Last hurdle

Yes of course if you use Trusty then they can see everything which includes your legal name.

I would go with the manual option and upload bank statement just make sure the bank statement you upload is the same as the bank your linking with managed payments I.e you can't link a TSB account and send them a HSBC statement.

thecj 04-24-2021 02:29 PM

Thank you for your response. I will try this

dune 04-25-2021 02:57 AM

Ok, but you could go on with trustly, previous changing street+phone in the bank.
Then open a new account in another bank and do the same.
Now you have 2 eBays under your name but different persons at the eyes of eBay. Am I correct?

denjosh99 04-26-2021 06:03 PM

It is all good and all to get past this stage but dont get caught up when they randomly request ID and do the manual check every user had. My stealths which all got suspended after this check were all good with payouts till they request the check. That is why i hesitate and delay sending till i see the payout in my account now. Since I did the 2nd verification, i have ebay holds for 90 days but seems it is all good. Just be careful as I know someone who sent a £800 item first few days after getting managed payments on stealth then they held account for 2nd checks which seems to be unpassable for most at the moment. And by law, they suspended him and his money is on hold.

resilient 04-27-2021 02:00 PM

Some of the posts above are INCORRECT AND UNEDUCATED.
'Trustly' is a third-party software eBay uses to link to your bank account.
eBay CAN NOT see the details on your account.
By using 'Trustly' you will avoid the need to upload 'creative' statement.

The 'unpassable' section is the id verification, the only way around this is to use real info including real name & DOB.

winge00 04-27-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resilient (Post 1151258)

The 'unpassable' section is the id verification, the only way around this is to use real info including real name & DOB.

It’s all hit and run kind of info here, some saying creative bank statements are no good anymore, also has to match with eb acc holder details, if any creativity shown on b statements then eb can see all that with you link a bank with eb acc,

If your statement is correct then I see lots of real Id theft coming on the way,

Only time will tell,

james_112233 04-27-2021 03:20 PM

If you are selling knock off's and shady goods then I understand why you want to go stealth.

Otherwise just give your real info and be done with it. They will allow you to trade on all of the accounts you convert from stealth to real until you're not allowed too.

They are the boss after all.

dune 04-27-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resilient (Post 1151258)

So if using Trustly and all info matches ebay will never request you to upload ID card, passport or driving license?

e2free 04-27-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1151275)
So if using Trustly and all info matches ebay will never request you to upload ID card, passport or driving license?

Bank account and ID are 2 different things,
1. ID they never ask if you pass the soft search if you don't you must needs to upload ID.
2. Bank account you can verify 3 ways by login using their system, using 2 small deposit or uploading Bank statement.

It does not matter if they verified ID and they don't ask to verify Bank account both are different and must verify before you get your payouts

dune 04-27-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1151277)
Bank account and ID are 2 different things,
1. ID they never ask if you pass the soft search if you don't you must needs to upload ID.
2. Bank account you can verify 3 ways by login using their system, using 2 small deposit or uploading Bank statement.

It does not matter if they verified ID and they don't ask to verify Bank account both are different and must verify before you get your payouts

Soft search for ID means asking third parties to verify your ID?, "asking" your bank?, or both?,

What does it need to match in order not to be required to upload an ID card like a drIver license for instance?.

-Name & surname?. (No second surname on eBay)
-National ID number (unicque, like a SSN in USA)
-D.O.B. of course
-What about the address?, it could be random but near your IP or it doesn't matter?

But all this matching with the public database,?, or/ and with the bank too?

It's confusing, I just don't want to upload a physical ID card ...

resilient 04-28-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1151290)
Soft search for ID means asking third parties to verify your ID?, "asking" your bank?, or both?,

What does it need to match in order not to be required to upload an ID card like a drIver license for instance?.

-Name & surname?. (No second surname on eBay)
-National ID number (unicque, like a SSN in USA)
-D.O.B. of course
-What about the address?, it could be random but near your IP or it doesn't matter?

But all this matching with the public database,?, or/ and with the bank too?

It's confusing, I just don't want to upload a physical ID card ...

The post by 'e2free' above is right on the money.
Just read it as many times as you have to in order to understand the process...

resilient 04-28-2021 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1151275)

What do you mean by 'matches'?

Verifying your bank account and verifying your identity are 2 SEPARATE processes!

Your info will be 'matched' with credit agencies database, if there is a match then the answer to your question is YES (except the 'never' part, their compliance team may ask you to upload your id for many reasons and at any point in the future, even months/years after successful MP verification depending on account performance, risk of goods sold, etc...)
IMPORTANT POINT HERE: If you have any items listed directly on eBay.com, eBay.ca & eBay.au (all non-European websites), you MUST end them before signing up for MP (you can still sell internationally through eBay.co.uk) or you will be REQUIRED to upload id. So this is just a warning in case you don't want to upload your id (or you don't have it in hand! if you know what I mean)

The real name on the bank account doesn't need to match the name you give eBay. But the name, DOB & potentially address?? (not sure about the address bit) you give to eBay, needs to be 'real' for it to pass the credit check.

FOR EXAMPLE, if you don't want to use your own name due to being previously banned, you may decide to use your mom's (stealth won't work and will be banned IMMEDIATELY). This, of course, will open a whole new can of worms, such as tax implications. HMRC can't go after a 'stealth' person (ghost) but CAN go after your mom/sister/brother/friend, so proceed with CAUTION! This will pass the id check and no id upload will be required (as long as you have entered your mom's details correctly). That's id verification part DONE!

But you may not necessarily want to use your mom's bank account.
If you decide to use your own bank account, then you will have 3 ways to verify:
1. Manually - this is when eBay will request a statement (eBay will get information from you bank the name doesn't match, but WON'T BE TOLD what the name on the account is) and you'll need to upload a 'creative' one with you mom's name.
2. 2 small deposits into your bank account - no 'creative' statement required
3. 'Trustly' 3rd party software - no 'creative' statement required

PLEASE NOTE, EBAY WILL BE MONITORING THESE FORUMS JUST LIKE ALL OF US SO ADDITIONAL AND/OR PERIODIC CHECKS MAY/WILL BE INTRODUCED AT SOME POINT AND ALL THE WORKAROUNDS MENTIONED HERE MAY BECOME OBSOLETE OVERNIGHT (OR OVER TIME) JUST LIKE STEALTH & PAYPAL!
'MP' IS NEW TO EBAY AS WELL & I'M SURE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY WORKING TO IMPROVE IT IN THE BACKGROUND!!!

It will all depend on how much they care about this stuff (or are forced to care by regulations, etc...), end of the day they want your money!

Just like it'd be naive to think PayPal doesn't know about 'stealth'?!
But they let us run it for 10's of years and still do...because...you guessed it!...they want your money!

THERE IS ONLY ONE CERTAINTY: OUR FUTURE ON EBAY HAS BECOME VERY UNCERTAIN SINCE MP!

dune 05-02-2021 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resilient (Post 1151352)
What do you mean by 'matches'?
The real name on the bank account doesn't need to match the name you give eBay. But the name, DOB & potentially address?? (not sure about the address bit) you give to eBay, needs to be 'real' for it to pass the credit check.
That's id verification part DONE!

Check this Adyen link: https://docs.adyen.com/platforms/verification-checks and click on "Identity". There you can select your country.

You are lucky in UK as don't have to provide a SSN (or a DNI like us in Spain):

Select Spain, you will see a request:
"individualDetails.personalData.documentData.numbe r"

"Providing an ID Number
For some countries, you need to provide the documentData.number of the account holder. The following ID types are accepted.
Country ID Type Example
Brazil Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas (CPF) number 614.492.110-97
Canada Social Insurance Number 123-456-789
Italy Codice fiscale MLLSNT82P65Z404U
Spain Documento Nacional de Identidad (DNI) 12345678X"
United States Social Security Number 123-45-6789 or 6789"

Any solution so I don't have to upload a physical ID card?

dune 05-25-2021 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resilient (Post 1151352)
IMPORTANT POINT HERE: If you have any items listed directly on eBay.com, eBay.ca & eBay.au (all non-European websites), you MUST end them before signing up for MP (you can still sell internationally through eBay.co.uk) or you will be REQUIRED to upload id.

Yes, I am in Europe but sell on eBay.com ALWAYS as the majority of my customers are there.

But are you 95-100% they will require uploading ID if selling on ebay.com/.ca/.au?. Because it would be a nightmare to change all the listings to another eBays ...

And what about international visibility?, do you recommend eBay.co.uk ...
But the worst thing about it could be the taxes other buyers would have to pay now UK is out of the European Union (not Europe of course)

And I lose the "list 200 items for free" promotion !

Give me a helping hand please ...