Managed Payments Problem! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Managed Payments Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
I think it would be best to make a fresh legit account if I were you

And here on this one, just confirm your stealth name, dob, address and see what happens
Yeah I think you are probably right, I don't want to burn my clean details in case it goes wrong.

This one is asking me for ID now so I guess I will either have to abandon it or try sending creative documents. I don't think Adyen will accept it though! I miss Paypal, you could send them a passport drawn in crayon and they would be like "yep thats perfect"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%

Why MP/Adyen is so different than PayPal ?
Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
Yeah I think you are probably right, I don't want to burn my clean details in case it goes wrong.

This one is asking me for ID now so I guess I will either have to abandon it or try sending creative documents. I don't think Adyen will accept it though! I miss Paypal, you could send them a passport drawn in crayon and they would be like "yep thats perfect"
This is a difficult situation because ebay suspend many new accounts indefinitely and I know for sure they do not check the details if they are real when they do it. I know a number of people who opened accounts with completely clean details and were suspended , then called and reinstated and then suspended indefinitely.
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
I believe trustly only verifies the bank details and name on ebay , not the rest of personal details. basically I believe it is providing to ebay only information that would be visible on a bank statement and no more
No absolutely not you need read the t & c's they have full access to your bank and can payments coming in and out along with your registered details with the bank, I think they can view this information for up to 3 months I may be wrong if so someone please correct me.

The whole point of verifying through trustly is that eBay/ayden trust that the bank as done due diligence and made sure your real kyc so that don't have to I might be wrong so please correct
The Following User Says Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
CaptainComedown (05-20-2021)
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

This is why you always need a plan a, b, c and so on you cannot simply rely on one account if your running a business you need to protect yourself and be prepared for the worst irrespective of nothing ever happening to your account you need to be prepared and always think of your next move.
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This is a difficult situation because ebay suspend many new accounts indefinitely and I know for sure they do not check the details if they are real when they do it. I know a number of people who opened accounts with completely clean details and were suspended , then called and reinstated and then suspended indefinitely.
Totally agree I've had legitimate accounts on other family member names different address from my banned account and everything what was sold on those accounts was legitimate and from reputable UK companies but yet they still indefinitely suspended accounts

Not only that both legit accounts were running on different machines and Residential IP's and of course new pics for listings nothing was the same from any other account I run so I've always found it very peculiar as to why they do this when everything is above board I can only thing that the rep reviewing this is a complete and utter numpty and probably having a bad day.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
This is why you always need a plan a, b, c and so on you cannot simply rely on one account if your running a business you need to protect yourself and be prepared for the worst irrespective of nothing ever happening to your account you need to be prepared and always think of your next move.
This is Plan B, Plan A was to do it myself, Plan B is to ask on here

I have 14 ebay+PP accounts, I'm just hoping to fix the one that successfully registered on MP. I notice it seems to sell a lot more than the accounts that are still on paypal, which I'm guessing is no coincidence!
The other 13 accounts are all either due to be registered to MP in the next few weeks or haven't been listed on yet. Of course as soon as I start selling from them they will be asked to register to MP, so its only a very short term solution. By the time I get them running at full capacity they will be dead. I had bought and created a number of personal accounts, as I hoped it would be later in the year before they got asked, but sadly my plan didn't work.

Plan C is to try and create an Amazon account again. I tried to register last year, and used my real documents and sent my real passport and they rejected it!! They told me my passport was phake, which is odd because it works fine at the airport!
I have a new address now so maybe if I try again and send my driving license this time, I can get accepted.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Totally agree I've had legitimate accounts on other family member names different address from my banned account and everything what was sold on those accounts was legitimate and from reputable UK companies but yet they still indefinitely suspended accounts

Not only that both legit accounts were running on different machines and Residential IP's and of course new pics for listings nothing was the same from any other account I run so I've always found it very peculiar as to why they do this when everything is above board I can only thing that the rep reviewing this is a complete and utter numpty and probably having a bad day.
95% of Ebay's business decisions are made by call centre employees, that is the problem. I was going to make a new account with my real details and just be very very careful, and hopefully it will survive! Although I realize there is no guarantee!
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah you are absolutely right! That is why I am so confused, I'm not sure which is the greater risk.

Option A is to change the details on the MP registered account to my real details. The advantage is that the account is relatively stable and has good sales history and feedback, plus all legitimate items. The disadvantage is it started out as a stealth account and it could burn my clean details if it goes wrong.

Option B is to create a brand new account, using my clean real details. The advantage is that the account hopefully not be linked with any of my stealth accounts. The disadvantage is that new Ebay accounts are not very stable nowadays, and it might just get suspended for absolutely no reason at all.

I have been thinking about it for over 24 hours now and I'm still not sure. I think I'm maybe leaning towards Option B as it seems like it might be the better option long term, providing it doesn't get randomly banned in the first few weeks and sales
Old 05-24-2021

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Hmm I'm not sure what to do. I have recently moved house so I have a "clean" address now. I don't know whether to switch everything over to my real details and hope they accept it, or if I should try and make a brand new completely legitimate Ebay account and just start fresh with no stealth.

I'm worried in case I put my real details and they reject it, and then I won't be able to make a legit account afterwards.

What do you think the best play is? I'd be interested to know your opinion, and you seem to have more experience with MP than I do!

If I was you I would start clean with real details, one thing you could also do before you start fresh, is try creatives on the current account, just as an experiment.
The Following User Says Thank You to RipeBanana For This Useful Post:
CaptainComedown (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021

Quote:

I have never had any trouble making new accounts on ebay. My guess is because I use a different IP, Address and Paypal for each account, I dont use proxies, I use mobile internet, cafe internet, library, gym, residential internet.....etc.

Even when people were complaining that it was becoming hard to on this forum, I think they were somehow getting it linked, maybe with those proxies VPN....etc
Old 05-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipeBanana View Post
I have never had any trouble making new accounts on ebay. My guess is because I use a different IP, Address and Paypal for each account, I dont use proxies, I use mobile internet, cafe internet, library, gym, residential internet.....etc.

Even when people were complaining that it was becoming hard to on this forum, I think they were somehow getting it linked, maybe with those proxies VPN....etc
No issues with the public IP? Cafe, library, gym...those seem kind of risky for IP use
Old 05-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
No issues with the public IP? Cafe, library, gym...those seem kind of risky for IP use

It always worked fine for me, there are people that are genuinely using those means to access Ebay, it would only be bad if someone had previously used those IPs and got banned? I would think
Old 05-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipeBanana View Post
It always worked fine for me, there are people that are genuinely using those means to access Ebay, it would only be bad if someone had previously used those IPs and got banned? I would think
If you reset your home broadband does it not give you a Fresh IP? Mine does, I used to use it to create high limit accounts (before ebay moved the goalposts) and then switch to mobile USB dongle after the first listing. It seemed to give me good stability compared to when I used to make them with VPN's or mobile.
Old 05-26-2021

Longevity: 16%

Hi can I just ask any issues with using monese bank account as I heard some bad stories about that bank ie: closing people's accounts for no apparent reasons.
Was the account personal or a business account
Old 05-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannay View Post
Hi can I just ask any issues with using monese bank account as I heard some bad stories about that bank ie: closing people's accounts for no apparent reasons.
I've had my monese account for 2 years now with zero issues, it has been connected to several different selling platforms and a paypal in that time, so in my opinion its safe enough.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
Aguero (05-28-2021), Shannay (06-05-2021)
Old 05-28-2021

Quote:
I've had my monese account for 2 years now with zero issues, it has been connected to several different selling platforms and a paypal in that time, so in my opinion its safe enough.
All selling platform accounts and PayPal have different names ?
Old 05-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
All selling platform accounts and PayPal have different names ?
yep, different names. I think Monese is less strict about names than a "proper" or bigger bank.
I also found Uaccount to be useful too, because they let you make 10 "savings" accounts which all have their own Acc and Sort numbers. A lot of people say Uaccount are unreliable too, but at one stage I had 9 different paypals linked with different names and I was pulling in thousands a day without any issues!
The problem with Uaccount is that Managed Payments won't accept them, so it only works for Ebay/Paypal setups
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
Aguero (05-30-2021)
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
yep, different names. I think Monese is less strict about names than a "proper" or bigger bank.
I also found Uaccount to be useful too, because they let you make 10 "savings" accounts which all have their own Acc and Sort numbers. A lot of people say Uaccount are unreliable too, but at one stage I had 9 different paypals linked with different names and I was pulling in thousands a day without any issues!
The problem with Uaccount is that Managed Payments won't accept them, so it only works for Ebay/Paypal setups
Yes, and Monese doesn't asked me for tax number, like Bunq and Revolut. But with bank license they are obligated by law.

Unfortunately Uaccount is only available for UK citizens as what I know.
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
did you actually send an ID as reply to the recent request?
Old 05-30-2021

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannay View Post
Avoid. They ban easily.
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
Hmm I'm not sure what to do. I have recently moved house so I have a "clean" address now. I don't know whether to switch everything over to my real details and hope they accept it, or if I should try and make a brand new completely legitimate Ebay account and just start fresh with no stealth.

I'm worried in case I put my real details and they reject it, and then I won't be able to make a legit account afterwards.

What do you think the best play is? I'd be interested to know your opinion, and you seem to have more experience with MP than I do!
this is a difficult choice if you do not have many accounts left. an option would be to take a relative who you are ready to "burn"

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 05-30-2021 at 04:47 PM.