Ebay - Management payment - my experience dealing with account, including suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-27-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default Ebay - Management payment - my experience dealing with account, including suspension

Hi all,

I have visited this site multiple times over the last 2 months whilst selling on eBay trying to work around managed payment. Below are my findings for UK only:

1 - Your bank account and your name does not need to match, AT ALL. I have created multiple accounts, some under alias of my real name and others using real family name. Both were tied to my own bank account (Lloyds) and I received successful withdrawals on both.

2 - Selling digital items on eBay, specially as managed payments puts you at higher risk than non digital items. from my experience (around 5 accounts), when selling digital items after you hit around £500/£600 for that calendar month, you get suspended. Now this is my personal experience, however yours could be different. I have found if you sell items with tracking in between those £500/£600, you do not get the banned for selling prohibited items .

3 - Make sure the ebay account is a real person, however the name doesnt have to be the exact name as your ID. For example, if your name is Cristiano Ronaldo, use a variation of Cris Ronaldo, or even CR Ron. Both allowed me to register and receive a payout.

4 - As a new customer, any item you sell that does not have a tracking number, will be on hold for 30 days . This will be shorter if you receive positive feedback or if you have tracking information added. I did notice, the positive feedback does NOT work with digital items in my experience.

5 - Suspension - Ok, you got suspended, you got £100s, £1000s, stuck on ebay, what now? 60-70 days hold. Your funds will be stuck with eBay for that long, until they initiate a payout for this. This is regardless if the item has tracking number or not. If you go on live chat and the advisor tells you 21 days, they are strictly talking about PayPal, not managed payments.

Finally, DO NOT link the same address or bank account to multiple accounts.

Hope this helps
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TheSpecialOne1758 For This Useful Post:
13obby (10-04-2022), 99p (10-19-2021), Aguero (05-27-2021), CaptainComedown (05-28-2021), ethanhunt (06-28-2021), issey1112 (07-29-2021), KODE332 (10-16-2021), rogerdodger (07-06-2021), rsot (06-01-2021), samspalace (10-13-2021), sax4 (10-14-2021), StealthHarry (07-29-2021), Ukseller1 (07-25-2021), valakot (05-27-2021), WestHammer (05-27-2021), xDii (05-29-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2021

Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Ebay - Management payment - my experience dealing with account, including suspens

Hello José,

Thank you for sharing this info. Welcome to the forums, best of luck!
Old 05-28-2021

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Ebay - Management payment - my experience dealing with account, including suspens

Hi,
can I ask are you holding a personal account or business account please?
Many Thanks
Old 05-28-2021

Longevity: 25%

Thank you very much for posting this information, its very helpful! So basically the bank doesn't need to match the name on the Ebay account, but the name and address on the ebay account need to be a real person? Presumably so they can credit check it?

Also, did ebay ask you to provide any documents when you used these methods? And did you use a full stealth address?
Old 05-30-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
Thank you very much for posting this information, its very helpful! So basically the bank doesn't need to match the name on the Ebay account, but the name and address on the ebay account need to be a real person? Presumably so they can credit check it?

Also, did ebay ask you to provide any documents when you used these methods? And did you use a full stealth address?

It would be nice if he could answer this
Old 05-30-2021

putting all this on an open forum will cause ebay to make it harder for sellers...stealth is in a coma anyway

Last edited by PepsiCoin; 05-30-2021 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2021

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
putting all this on an open forum will cause ebay to make it harder for sellers...stealth is in a coma anyway

Well put a package tother and wel pay for it just like we paid Aspikns
Old 05-31-2021

So how does that work when ebay do a soft credit check and you have slightly different names ?
Old 06-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Correct, it was my understand eBay does a credit check to some degree, so I wanted a real persons name (or at least something I could fall back on, if they ever asked for ID, which they have never) , as for the address, that's a weird one, some are genuine address, but others are completely stealth, not even same city. Both allowed payout. Note, all my experience is based on payouts.

Oh none of my accounts are business accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSpecialOne1758 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (10-13-2021)
Old 06-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
So how does that work when ebay do a soft credit check and you have slightly different names ?
No one knows, is the answer to that question. I don't even think they do tbh, as otherwise some of my accounts would of been flagged up before payout.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSpecialOne1758 For This Useful Post:
Bradd (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne1758 View Post
No one knows, is the answer to that question. I don't even think they do tbh, as otherwise some of my accounts would of been flagged up before payout.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 06-01-2021

Quote:

Thanks i might emai you
Old 06-01-2021

Whats do you mean by this ..I thought you can have the same real deatsils to make multiple accnts ..so long as you use a different bank account number ?

(Finally, DO NOT link the same address or bank account to multiple accounts.)
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
Correct, it was my understand eBay does a credit check to some degree, so I wanted a real persons name (or at least something I could fall back on, if they ever asked for ID, which they have never) , as for the address, that's a weird one, some are genuine address, but others are completely stealth, not even same city. Both allowed payout. Note, all my experience is based on payouts.

Oh none of my accounts are business accounts.
Ok, thank you for the information, its interesting that it can work with stealth address! I tried your method a few days ago, added someone else's real name, addy and DOB with mismatched bank account and Ebay have accepted it and I have successfully received one payout so far! Thank you very much, if it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have been able to save that account on time!
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
Whats do you mean by this ..I thought you can have the same real deatsils to make multiple accnts ..so long as you use a different bank account number ?

(Finally, DO NOT link the same address or bank account to multiple accounts.)
Well you probably could use the same details to make several accounts but they would all be linked to each other, and if you lose one you will lose them all! So its better to use different details every time!
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
Well you probably could use the same details to make several accounts but they would all be linked to each other, and if you lose one you will lose them all! So its better to use different details every time!
But if you dot use real info it wont pass the soft credit check
Old 06-02-2021

Longevity: 57%

Is anybody put a real person info, that was previously suspended?
I mean just the person's info. The phone number, IP, email should be new.
Old 06-02-2021

Quote:
But if you dot use real info it wont pass the soft credit check
correct, you must use a real person's details
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
Bradd (06-02-2021)
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 65%

Despite some down sides vibes, in a positive note I would like to add that, ebay is a business company so they only survive on sellers fees correct? ...so if they become to strict they will lose lots of costumer 'sellers' to other alternative platforms. it is all about finding a right balance of course

Now, if you are selling high risk items, your account will be banned regardless if you had a real name or cooked name, thats always been the case, even with paypal!

We all new to this payment platform so time will tell!
Old 06-04-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaniansniper View Post
Despite some down sides vibes, in a positive note I would like to add that, ebay is a business company so they only survive on sellers fees correct? ...so if they become to strict they will lose lots of costumer 'sellers' to other alternative platforms. it is all about finding a right balance of course

Now, if you are selling high risk items, your account will be banned regardless if you had a real name or cooked name, thats always been the case, even with paypal!

We all new to this payment platform so time will tell!
Right Ebay who is richer than Kuwait is worried about losing customers pmsl
Old 06-04-2021

Activity: 83%
Longevity: 46%

I am sure ebay will kill the growth by applying the currenct strategy . this is not about suspending stealth accounts but about random suspensions of new accounts , I doubt the can have any significant growth this way and with MP more and more existing sellers will be seeded out over time
Old 06-26-2021

Hey!

Just got my eBay account suspended. I have 1.5k in MP waiting to be paid out. It has been permanently suspended. The first time I went on live chat they said it will auto be paid out in 45-60 days. Today they said I have to contact the authorities in Luxembourg, the “CFFS”. And that I won’t receive a payout. Do you know anything about this, and will I receive the payout or not?

Thanks